Windows 10: Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

Discus and support Windows 10 slow boot on SSD in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello. Recently (I don't know excactly when) I've noticed that my Windows 10 boot (from when I press power on button until I can see destop) is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tomaz, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Tomaz Win User

Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

Hello.

Recently (I don't know excactly when) I've noticed that my Windows 10 boot (from when I press power on button until I can see destop) is almost a minute longer than it used to be.
    Normally it took my PC about 20-25 seconds and I was already on a destop and ready to work. Now it takes about 85-90 seconds for the same thing.

This image (https://linustechtips.com/main/uploa...0828714e22.png) - windows logo and those circled dots under it - appears 13 seconds after I press power on button on my PC and it stays there until 70 seconds from the time I pressed power on button. That's like almost a minute on that screen. Then I get a sign in screen and then I'm on desktop. All that process used to take about 20-25 seconds.

I have fast boot enabled. I've tried unistalling my nvidia drivers (since GPU drivers are - beside regular windows updates - the only thing that is getting updated on my PC on a regular base). It has no effect. I have I7 cpu, gtx 1070, mx 100 ssd, 16 GB ram.

Any ideas why my boot takes almost as much time as if I would be running Windows 10 on my HDD instead of SSD?

Thanks.

:)

Tomaz, Sep 15, 2017
  2. John Fer Win User

Thank you for the quick response. We suggest that you refer to the reply of
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread to help you with the issue. Try performing the steps
    provided and check if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Sep 15, 2017
  3. TomazB Win User

Tried that ... Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

TomazB, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Windows 10 slow boot on SSD

Over time, stuff can creep into your startup procedure without you knowing it----you might have more stuff starting up with every boot than you thought.

Go to Task Manager startup tab.

How many things listed as "enabled"??

I've got 4 enabled, all shown as "low" impact.

How many of those things can you identify??

Disable everything but your anti-virus and reboot a couple of times.

Is it any quicker then?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 15, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    Have you done any tests on your disk? Checked disk throughput (benchmark?)
    E.g. Crystal DiskMark, Hard Disk Sentinel (trial)?

And have you tried a clean boot for comparison?

dalchina, Sep 15, 2017
  6. Tomaz Win User
    I check that from time to time already so I also have only four thing enabled. Tried to disable them all and it's still the same.

The problem isn't loading things when I get into desktop. The problem is that windows 10 loading screen (black screen, blue windows 10 logo, white circle of dots) when Windows should be started. It takes 70 seconds (almost to the second the same each time) as if Windows is waiting for something.

Tomaz, Sep 15, 2017
  7. Tomaz Win User
    I tested it now and it looks ok to me. My SSD is Crucial MX100 256 MB.

Windows 10 slow boot on SSD [​IMG]

Tomaz, Sep 15, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  9. Tomaz Win User
    Tomaz, Sep 16, 2017
  10. Have you tried with nothing other than a monitor, keyboard and mouse connected to your PC?

I've seen cases where the boot process was taking a lot of time searching for a DVD drive that was empty. Do you have a DVD drive (or any external drive) that might be earlier in the boot order than your hard drive--unnecessarily?

Do you have any unusual processes running immediately after a boot?

Have you checked your motherboard manufacturer's site to see if this is a known issue?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 16, 2017
  11. AndreTen Win User
    Try to disable hybrid sleep mode.

Type in admin command prompt. This will disable hibernation. If you need it, then ignore my post *Smile

AndreTen, Sep 16, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    zbook, Sep 16, 2017
  13. dalchina New Member

- note @AndreTen 's suggestion will disable that. Worth trying.

Also assuming you have other disks than your system disk, try disconnecting them and see if there's any change.

Note some reported slow boot after upgrading to the creator's build. E.g.
    Very slow boot on Win10 with SSD after creators upadte - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    on boot time analysis

You could search for threads on
    slow boot creators
    or similar if that's relevant.

dalchina, Sep 16, 2017
  14. thomaseg1 Win User
    have you added a usb drive or blue tooth device?
    If so try unplugging them and rebooting.
    weirdly windows (7-10) all will look for usb booting devices even if usb boot is disabled in bios.
    Also, Open devicemanager and on titlebar choose view then show hidden devices.
    look for phantom devices and uninstall them. while your there check for any device with an exclimation point and try to update the drivers for it.

thomaseg1, Sep 20, 2017
  15. zinou Win User
    Hi @Tomaz,

What's the brand of your computer ?

Have you enabled Hyper-v ? if so disable it and do a test

I faced a similar case with my HP Laptop, in fact whit my two HP Laptops, and the Hyper-v was a culprit.

I troubleshooted that with Windows Performance Toolkit.

If it don't work you can record your boot trace with WPR, I'll help you analyze it. you can find here a tutorial...

zinou, Sep 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 slow boot on SSD - Similar Threads - slow boot SSD

2. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? LE: It was a one time deal, but still have around 36seconds until I can enter the Windows password. The event viewer didn't log...
  3. Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot time (1m44s) with Windows 10 and SSD: Hello, I did a bunch of stuff in BIOS trying to speed things up from 30 seconds boot and now I have an even slower one. [img] Any ideas? 168564
  4. slow windows 10 boot new ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    slow windows 10 boot new ssd: i got my first ssd crucial mx500 500gb and it takes 40 seconds to boot from cold 377gb is FREE out of 465gb SSD I get windows 10 blue circle before i get the login screen before i enabled fast boot in bios i got the motherboard logo that is asus now i get the windows 10...
  5. Slow Cold Boot on SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Cold Boot on SSD: Hi My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows itself! Also i disabled SysMain service and not help. Is there a way to measure which driver take long time to boot or some...
  6. slow boot time on ssd

slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  7. Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD: I have an system with an Intel i5 processor (a Dell 3620) and ****319 ms in the above) and whether True or False is reported - I see True sometimes with lower times. I've searched far and wide for similar problems and there do seem to be significant numbers of people seeing...
  8. Slow Boot on SSD

Slow Boot on SSD: Hi, I recently upgraded from an FX 8350 to a ryzen 5 1600x. This meant getting a new Mobo etc. With it came an SSD from Adata (120gb). I decided to install windows on the ssd and keep my 1tb HDD for games etc. I wiped the HDD (full clean, not quick one) and then installed...
  9. Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot

Windows 10 fresh install on SSD very slow boot: Hey guys , I recently formatted my SSD because of problems in my Windows 10 . I did as ever. Start the installation of Windows , chose the disk, delete all partitions, created partitions again and choose to install Windows 10 . Now I have very long boot and shutdown time(at...
  10. My SSD is booting very slow

My SSD is booting very slow: Hi everyone, I am a new member of the forum. My SSD is booting very slow & I need help solving this. The SSD is about 2 years old & has been upgraded to Win 10 for about a 1 yr, after googling the problem & following up on a suggestion, I downloaded and ran Crystal...