Windows 10: Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen Picture never changes since last update

Discus and support Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen Picture never changes since last update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since the recent Win 10 update on my laptop, the lock screen picture that appears when you boot or return from sleep never changes. All I see is the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NV Steve, Feb 24, 2019.

1. NV Steve Win User

Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen Picture never changes since last update

Since the recent Win 10 update on my laptop, the lock screen picture that appears when you boot or return from sleep never changes. All I see is the same picture of a lighthouse. The picture used to change every day or so, but no more. Why? Is there a way to fix this?

:)

NV Steve, Feb 24, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 24, 2019
  3. Lock screen stuck on picture. I chose the Windows Spotlight option.

Try these steps:

• In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background to Picture.
    • Delete everything from folder

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_<somecharacters>\Settings
    • In Personalization->Lock Screen settings change Background back to Windows Spotlight

293a3c4d-30fd-4eea-9279-6d8867de5823, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

windows 10 lock screen -- spotlight does'nt change

I presume you have set Spotlight as your lock screen, and probably also set the option to show the lock screen picture on the sign in screen.

If so, and the picture still doesn't change then Spotlight may be broken. It does seem to be a bit 'fragile'. Usually resetting Spotlight fixes this. See this tutorial...

Reset and Re-register Windows Spotlight in Windows 10

Be patient, it can take some minutes for Spotlight to become fully operational after a reset.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Spotlight Lock Screen Picture never changes since last update - Similar Threads - Spotlight Lock Screen

2. Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spotlight for Lock Screen Keeps Changing Back to Picture: I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 11, and I wanted the lock screen daily image using Windows Spotlight. However, when I go to Personalization > Lock Screen, and select the "Windows Spotlight", it keeps changing back to "Picture".Also, there does not seem to be...
  3. Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight lock screen picture won't change: I have seen a lot of answers to this question and the only answer is what I list below. If you want to change the pictures that are shown by Microsoft and have your own picture shown on startup on the lock screen then you are going to have to alter some folders and delete...
  4. Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures

Windows Spotlight lock screen pictures: Hey all, Not really a problem just curiosity. I have the Windows Spotlight as my lock screen picture which means Microsoft downloads a new picture every day and as such it changes. Does anyone else's 'picture of the day' sometimes stays on for a few days, then changes?...
  5. Windows 10's Spotlight Lock Screen Pictures

Windows 10's Spotlight Lock Screen Pictures: How to Find Windows 10's Spotlight Lock Screen Pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10s-spotlight-lock-screen-pictures/c1a4c4fd-9d01-4807-b302-cfdbdbb88501
  6. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  7. Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Spotlight Picture on Lock Screen does not change anymore.: My Lock Screen (Windows Spotlight) picture used to change weekly, but now it does not change anymore. It just stays on an old picture that I have seen when I first built my PC. Anyone know why? 136195
  8. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  9. Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen picture changing occasionally to microsoft Spotlight .: *DohHi,hope everyone fine. just a quickie question; I notice that occasionally when booting up, my lock screen picture changes from the "picture" it is set on to Microsofts "spotlight picture", which is not set to do so in "Settings". Any ideas? Many thanks. 127326
  10. Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?

Info on the spotlight screen lock pictures?: More than once already I would have loved to know WHERE the screen lock image that Windows 10 presented that day was taken. Some are really very beautiful and spectacular. Any idea? Is there some website where one can find some background info re. the image of the day? 34850

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock screen never changes

2. lock screen changes to picture from spotlight