Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, my windows 10 stooped working and only advanced startup settings appear and no option is working except prompt commands with X drive I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ahmad Sakr, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working

hi,

my windows 10 stooped working and only advanced startup settings appear and no option is working except prompt commands with X drive

I have tried all commands in cmd for repairing but nothing worked

I need your help please

that happened suddenly after some windows updates

after chosing system restore this msg comes

Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working [​IMG] Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working 166f1d3b-492b-4be7-9c36-def535b715ba?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ahmad Sakr, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 24, 2018
  4. cwtech Win User

Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working

1. Windows 10 stopped and only command prompt working - Similar Threads - stopped command prompt

2. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  3. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    commands for command prompt not working: im trying to reset my laptop and everytime it says there was a problem resetting your pc so i looked up a youtube vid on how to fix this and came across the command "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth" when i press enter however NOTHING happens, i let it sit for a...
  4. commands for command prompt not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Command Prompt is not working

Command Prompt is not working: Hello, Command prompt is opens and closed immediately. I tried to run it as a administrator but doesn't get a positive response, the problem still remain same....
  6. command prompt not working in windows 10

command prompt not working in windows 10: when ever try to open CMD I get an error message, i have tried all the solutions that I have found on the internet but none of them worked Solutions that I have tried Turning off antivirus: did not work Create a new user account: it did work Command prompt shortcut: did not...
  7. Command Prompt Not Working

Command Prompt Not Working: I have written a python program through Adobe Brackets, and every time I try to run it, this error message comes up: "Error while building cmd. See console for more information." What can I do to get Command Prompt to work?...
  8. Command prompt not working

Command prompt not working: For every command I type in; either "ipconfig/all", "ipconfig", "java.exe", "java", "javac.exe"... It doesn't matter which command I type in. None of them work! The error I get says, "program i'm trying to run is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable...
  9. Command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Command prompt not working: Whenever I try to open command prompt it pops up for like a millisecond then disappears, a thread I looked at said it might be a virus so I ran a scan with Malwarebytes but it found nothing. submitted by /u/FlauntyPack56 [link] [comments]...
  10. command prompt not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    command prompt not working: [ATTACH] how to resolve this please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/command-prompt-not-working/ce7aa396-e01d-42e5-a680-5563ab4c3031"