Windows 10: windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes

Discus and support windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; in short, when i start up the computer, everythings fine, but less than 10 minutes later, internet speed slows almost to a halt i can load some pages,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeadUsAllAway, Mar 14, 2020.

1. windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes

in short, when i start up the computer, everythings fine, but less than 10 minutes later, internet speed slows almost to a halt i can load some pages, albeit much slower, but cant load videos or send messages or anything of the sort, and when i check the connections, nothing pops up. just a blank screen. if i turn on airplane mode then turn it off, the networks show up again, but only until i close the window again. it doesnt fix anything. i know its not my wifi, because this happens with all networks. any ideas?

:)

LeadUsAllAway, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Mar 14, 2020
  3. ACY
    ACY Win User
    Wireless Connections

I currently use Windows 10 Home Edition on my laptop and I suspect that there are some additional wireless connections configured. I thinks this connection may be used for snooping and seek your help in identifying these connections and also wish to understand how to control such thing from happening in the future.

There is one particular network that shows up in some tools but never on the wireless connections list on the list provided by windows. This network shows as an Open Network and is a cause of concern.

How do I check if there are additional networks configured on the laptop that allow the snooping to happen?

Regards

4. Hannelore Win User

windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes

Project connect to wireless device issue

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the reply.

My tv is definitely connected to my wifi; I've tried restarting the tv, and disconnecting/reconnecting to my wifi, but the tv still isn't showing up in the list of devices when trying to use 'project'.

I actually had issues with this before, but after a significant update about a week ago, I noticed that it was showing up in the devices list. I'm unsure what could have changed tonight.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes :) Is there maybe some way to 'clear' (for lack of a better word) any saved devices on my laptop so I can start fresh with project?

Hannelore, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes

1. windows 10 stops showing wireless connections after a few minutes - Similar Threads - stops showing wireless

2. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  3. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  4. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  6. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting: Got a strange issue with the Wi-Fi connection on Win10, and I'm not sure what else to try.Symptoms:After connecting to the Wi-Fi, it works normally for a minute or so, but then stops working.It doesn't disconnect, but accessing any site returns a ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED...
  7. Wi-Fi connection stops working a few minutes after connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.

Windows 11 internet stops after few minutes.: Internet stops working about 3 minutes after startup or reconnection. The network icon on the taskbar is showing "Network Internet Connection" but there is none; browsers, cmd ping, troubleshoot, etc. This applies to Ethernet and phone tethering saved as ethernet.There is no...
  9. Sound stops working after a few minutes

Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  10. WiFi connection always work at startup and stops after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection always work at startup and stops after a few minutes: Hello guys, I'm having a problem with windows since a long time and I never found a way to work it out. Basically when I log in to windows, I am immediately connected to the last wifi connection I used (my router). I can browse the internet just fine but then after 2-3...