Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly highly unstable. Need help figuring out what i missed

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly highly unstable. Need help figuring out what i missed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had a stable pc for 3 years. Last week it suddenly froze while using it. Needed a hard reset to get out of it as it was completely frozen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SMas1, Nov 29, 2018.

1. SMas1 Win User

Windows 10 suddenly highly unstable. Need help figuring out what i missed

I have had a stable pc for 3 years. Last week it suddenly froze while using it. Needed a hard reset to get out of it as it was completely frozen.

Since then the behaviour has been the same. I always get through bios. I get to load windows 10 without a freeze 90% of the time. But between 1 and 5 minutes in windows 10 is all i get before it locks up. System is unusable.

Ive done a fair bit already:

1. Got a new ssd. Fresh install of wndows 10 on it

2. Moved the ssd to the second m2 slot in case it was the slot

3. Run memtest. 2 clean passes.

4. Disconnected all other internal and external drives aside from ssd

5. Only usb devices attached are keyboard and mouse

6. I havent made changes to bios to explain it. And the gigabyte g170 gaming 5 board i have has a switch on it for second bios. Tried that too.

Despite new boot drive, clean windows 10 install and other measures above, it still freezes a few minutes into windows. Best i made was 10 min so far.

Could this be the motherboard? Any bootable testing software i can use since windows too unstable to do anything inside the os environment? Any advice on what to try? Help appreciated!

:)

SMas1, Nov 29, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 29, 2018
  3. essenbe Win User
    My Windows 10 installation is highly unstable.

You are advising people based on your personal opinion. There are a lot of people who like and use Cortana. That is something for them to decide, not you. Your information is also incorrect. You can show, or hide the search box with or without Cortana installed. Search Icon or Box - Show or Remove on Windows 10 Taskbar - Windows 10 Forums

With Cortana enabled

Windows 10 suddenly highly unstable. Need help figuring out what i missed [​IMG]

Windows 10 suddenly highly unstable. Need help figuring out what i missed [​IMG]

essenbe, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Sujeet Win User

My Windows 10 installation is highly unstable.

My Win 10 installation which I did from the net is highly unstable. It freezes up constantly at different times after I reach the Desktop. I am unable to do anything with it. My games freeze up and exit, my internet freezes,... I'm really very frustrated and at a loss what to do. Please help me, someone.

Sujeet, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly highly unstable. Need help figuring out what i missed - Similar Threads - suddenly highly unstable

2. Need help figuring out whats crashing my PC.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help figuring out whats crashing my PC.: This has been happening often.I installed the newest drivers for the 3070, everything seemed fine for a day or two until sometimes my PC would randomly backscreen, and restart on its own.The main culprit would be web browsing, discord open, and a 3D application open, the 3D...
  3. Need help figuring out whats crashing my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help figuring out whats crashing my PC.: This has been happening often.I installed the newest drivers for the 3070, everything seemed fine for a day or two until sometimes my PC would randomly backscreen, and restart on its own.The main culprit would be web browsing, discord open, and a 3D application open, the 3D...
  4. Need help figuring out whats crashing my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help figuring out what's wrong with pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help figuring out what's wrong with pc: Been having a lot of issues with my computer. There's been huge fps drops when playing games, 400 to like 50. Even with stable fps the gameplay is laggy and feels choppy. Monitor randomly freezes or turns black. Its pretty laggy overall. It gets really slow and unusable....
  6. Need help figuring out what's wrong with pc

Need help figuring out what's wrong with pc: Been having a lot of issues with my computer. There's been huge fps drops when playing games, 400 to like 50. Even with stable fps the gameplay is laggy and feels choppy. Monitor randomly freezes or turns black. Its pretty laggy overall. It gets really slow and unusable....
  7. Need help figuring out what's wrong with pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder: Greetings!I installed Malwarebytes a couple days ago, and it recently start to notify me that the "system_update.exe" in my tmp folder was a trojan. I didn't think anything of it and deleted the file. Everything was normal until I restarted my PC only to be treated by the...
  9. Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder: Greetings!I installed Malwarebytes a couple days ago, and it recently start to notify me that the "system_update.exe" in my tmp folder was a trojan. I didn't think anything of it and deleted the file. Everything was normal until I restarted my PC only to be treated by the...
  10. Need help figuring out missing System_Update.exe in tmp folder