Windows 10: Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

Discus and support Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 Auto-Night-Mode is a free open source program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to switch between light and dark mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Dec 2, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

Windows 10 Auto-Night-Mode is a free open source program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to switch between light and dark mode automatically.

Microsoft introduced dark theme support in Windows 10 and improved the mode in recent versions of the operating system; File Explorer or Firefox, use the dark theme when selected by the user or administrator.

The operating system supports switching between light and dark themes. All you have to do is open the Settings application, e.g. with the shortcut Windows-I, to do so under Personalization > Colors > Choose your default app mode.

While you may enable light or dark mode there, you will notice that you cannot set modes based on the time of day.

Enter Windows 10 Auto Night-Mode. The free application uses the Task Scheduler to switch between the two themes automatically.

Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically windows-10-auto-night-mode.png

Note: You may receive a Smartscreen security warning when you download the program.

The application displays a configuration menu when you start it after installation. The selection menu displays the current mode, light or dark, and an option to switch to the "change automatic" feature.

Change automatic, as the name implies, switches between dark and light mode automatically based on the time of day. You set custom start times for light and dark mode, e.g. light starts at 7 in the morning and dark at 7 in the evening.

A click on apply creates a new task that makes the change automatically based on the selected starting times.

There is no background application that runs all the time thanks to the use of the Task Scheduler for the switching.

The developer published a list of planned features: improve the user interface, release the application on Microsoft's Store, or set the time based on sunset and sunrise data using the location service are some of the planned features.

Closing Words

Windows 10 Auto-Night-Mode is a simple application. Users who would like to apply the dark or light theme on Windows 10 based on the time of day may find it useful as it does that exactly.

Light and dark theme options are different from applications such as F.Lux which change the color warmth automatically based on the time of day to reduce blue light exposure. (via Deskmodder)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Dec 2, 2018

2. How to auto-set Application Mode (dark-light)?

Hi,

The option of switch between light mode and dark mode for most applications is really helpful for daytime or night-time working environment.

Is there a way to set the light mode to automatically switch to dark mode when night comes, and vise-versa?

Can any registry value tell it to change automatically
    at specific hours I choose
    ?

If it is possible, a tougher question will come - can I do it on my mobile phone as well?

Thanks!

טלאבירם, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Dec 2, 2018
  4. Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

Dark mode shows white horizontal bar

Dark mode has some issues in the latest feature update. The fixes that I know of (not sure if it would work for you)

Try Restarting the explorer process in Task manager

Re apply Dark mode after switching to light.

If that does not help I would suggest you to roll back to 1803.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

1. Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically - Similar Threads - switch between Light

2. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  3. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  4. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  5. Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot: Hi So I have encountered a problem as of last week in which every time my computer turns off and reboots, my app theme switches from dark mode to light mode. It just seems to be my app theme that keeps switching back to light mode. Is there anyone else with a similar problem...
  6. Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot

Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot: Hi So I have encountered a problem as of last week in which every time my computer turns off and reboots, my app theme switches from dark mode to light mode. It just seems to be my app theme that keeps switching back to light mode. Is there anyone else with a similar problem...
  7. Light folders in dark mode

Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  8. Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?

Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?: Have a Surface Book 2, and it's incredibly inconvenient for me to have to dig into the settings when I am in low lighting in order to change the system theme. Is there anything that lets me change between them quickly? submitted by /u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS [link] [comments]...
  9. Possible to make a keyboard shortcut that toggles between light and dark mode?

Possible to make a keyboard shortcut that toggles between light and dark mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gntxxa/possible_to_make_a_keyboard_shortcut_that_toggles/
  10. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do you change the DARK/LIGHT mode environment in Windows 10.