Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a peculiar problem regarding my taskbar. Every time I click on ANY MP3 file it will automatically freeze the my documents window then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parth2480, Dec 3, 2016.

1. parth2480 Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing

Hello,

I have a peculiar problem regarding my taskbar. Every time I click on ANY MP3 file it will automatically freeze the my documents window then refresh the taskbar and desktop. On top of this my windows start menu doesn't work either.
    Solutions I have tried:
    I do not have bittorrent and I have tried looking for IDT drivers but there are none and I have tried going into powershell and doing the whole sfc /scannow but that doesn't come up with anything either. What can I do?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

:)

parth2480, Dec 3, 2016
  2. DanNash1 Win User

Jan 16 2018 Windows update installed - now my desktop and taskbar continuously refresh

My HP Elitebook 2760p updated yesterday (1/16/2017) and now it continually refreshes it's desktop and taskbar. I get a moment to attempt to launch an application then I loose it and the desktop/taskbar refresh. This is not a new install as I have been
    using Windows 10 for over a year on this laptop.

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop)

DanNash1, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Windows explorere getting closed automatically. .

Hi Team,

I have update my windows 7 to Windows 10. But windows 10 desktop is being refreshed automatically, like in 2 mins, and it refreshes complete taskbar, desktop and closes all explorer window.

Kindly do need full

Thanks & Regards,

Mahesh Sunke

maheshsunke, Dec 3, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi: whilst you could try
    Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    -which may or may not help-

that leaves what sounds like explorer crashing when you click on an mp3 file.
    (Is that single left click, left double click or right click?)

Please post a screenshot like this:

Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing [​IMG]

to show your current mp3 file association.

What happens if you do a clean boot- any difference?
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    Part 1

And in Safe Mode?

Your user profile could be corrupted.
    Create a new user for test purposes and advise if anything is different.

Have a look at your event log- the crash after clicking (how?) on an mp3 file will probably give you a report there. If so, what does it say?

And do you have any system restore points created before any of this behaviour started?
    Or have you discovered how invaluable routine disk imaging is in letting you restore your system to a previous working state without technical assistance, and if so do you have any images you could restore?
    (We strongly recommend e.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for backups)

dalchina, Dec 3, 2016
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Beside what dalchina suggested, check your default program for .mp3 type file. Just click start and type default - and follow from there.

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar Refreshing - Similar Threads - Taskbar Refreshing

2. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  3. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing: I have read through all the posts to help fix this, but nothing helps. If i select reinstall windows keeping apps and files, it only lest me keep my files, not my apps/programs. If i do that it will take me days to get it all back. I tried the sfc /scannow but i can only do...
  4. Desktop and taskbar keeps refreshing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  6. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!: Hello! My desktop and taskbar keep refreshing every single minute and I can't use anything that's on my taskbar. I've tried restarting the windows explorer, deleting some programs, tried installing an antivirus system and so many other solutions but none of them has worked!...
  7. taskbar and desktop keep refreshing and lagging!!

8. Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed: I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane. When the GeForce experience overlay is enabled, and you refresh the desktop as in change the background from your background...
  9. Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed

Taskbar flicker when geforce experience overlay is enabled and desktop is refreshed: I've rebuilt my pc twice now. Replaced the monitors and this issue still keeps happening. Is it a hardware or software problem? It's driving me insane. When the GeForce experience overlay is enabled, and you refresh the desktop as in change the background from your background...
  10. windows 11 taskbar refreshes after right click!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 taskbar refreshes after right click!: Hello, please help me!Everytime I right click my taskbar, the whole screen and the taskbar is refreshing. Video linked...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop and taskbar refreshin every time

2. windows 10 desktop and taskbar refreshing fix 2018