Windows 10: Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

Discus and support Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Again, my question - https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-...tml#post185855 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 25, 2015.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead...

sygnus21, Jan 26, 2015

2. I don't know, I did an Enterprise install on my laptop and got the new Start Menu. I did a clean install though. Same deal on my desktop PC with the non enterprise ISO.

alphanumeric, Jan 26, 2015
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Mine was a straight upgrade from the previous build installed in VMWare Player.

sygnus21, Jan 27, 2015
  4. caperjack Win User

I set to use start screen instead of startmenu ,now when I used the windows key to go to start ,the WK will not work to go back to desktop ,I have to click on the desktop icon . edit -

caperjack, Jan 27, 2015
  5. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Here is my Start Screen in Windows TP 10 9926

Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead... [​IMG]

6. Charms have been moved into the Notification tray. I don't think they're called Charms any more though.
    You should see tiles at the bottom of Notifications that do much of what Charms did.
    Hit the up arrow ^ in Notifications to show more tiles

Slartybart, Jan 27, 2015
  7. caperjack Win User
    yeah, hit all settings and when that opens just type what you want to do into the search box and it will open up thing in alphabetical order ,type in System or Icons for example .

caperjack, Jan 27, 2015
  8. nt62 Win User

Thema:

1. Windows 10: The Charms bar is dead; Start screen dead... - Similar Threads - Charms bar dead

2. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  3. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu dead: My windows Start menu doesn't open not on click not on keypress. When I click on the notification panel it instantly crashes same goes for the background apps tab in the privacy settings. The start menu troubleshooter app says "Microsoft.ShellExperienceHost" and...
  4. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Dead On Start Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dead On Start Up: I restarted my pc and now after I sign in I have about five seconds where it works, afterwards I can no longer do anything. My mouse works but I can’t click anything. My keyboard still works and I managed to open up startup programs and disable everything with my keyboard. It...
  6. Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead key dead at start-up. Then turns on. Why?: I originally posted this on the Hardware and Devices Forum, but perhaps that was the wrong place. At any rate, no one responded. Windows 10 version 1909 The problem appeared about three months ago. My keyboard layout is for the Icelandic language. It includes a dead key...
  7. Portions of Task bar dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Portions of Task bar dead: Toshiba Satellite L55-A5226, W10 Pro Problem just popped up today. I can't launch any program from the task bar. Clicking on the search box does nothing, neither does clicking on the Windows logo. I can launch programs from the desktop OK, and if I place a desktop item on...
  8. Window 10 settings screen dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 settings screen dead: On my HP laptop, the settings screen comes up, but you can do anything with it, like run backups or check for new updates. Is there a patch that will fix this? Or, gadzooks, do I have to rebuild? 58371
  9. Start menu dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu dead: So the issue that I am having is the start menu won't react, however Cortana does.... I have tried a second user account, restarting it several times, fsc /scannow (it said all good) and the Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  10. Dead screen at start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead screen at start up: I have downloaded Win ten onto three computers using the downloaded programme on a memory stick. Laptop absolutely perfect second on a PC, perfect, third PC,(mine), press the power button and quickly get the screen lighting and then the ten four squres window showing but...