Windows 10: Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing

Discus and support Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two identical versions of W10 running on two machines. On one I see thumbnails of my photographs. On the other I see the 'mountain image'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartinSullivan1, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing

I have two identical versions of W10 running on two machines.

On one I see thumbnails of my photographs.

On the other I see the 'mountain image'

I have compared the settings on the two - they are as far as I can see both the same - and spent about three hours with this issue. Read all the post tried all the suggestions....

When I open a photo folder on the second machine the thumbnails appear for less than a second and then the 'mountain image' replaces them.

Any suggestions please - this is driving me mad!

:)

MartinSullivan1, Apr 6, 2019
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 quicktime thumbnails

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please provide more information to help :

• When you say "the thumbnails are just icons", is that on a local account or the Microsoft account?

• Do you have the latest version of ProRes or iTunes installed on the pc?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and verify the result.

• Go to file explorer and clock on view.

• Select Options and Go to View.

• Under Files and folders uncheck the box always show icon, never thumbnails.

I also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 6, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing

1. Windows 10 Thumbnails - not showing - Similar Threads - Thumbnails showing

2. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  3. Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing .pes embroidery file thumbnails: How do I get thumbnails of .pes designs to show? I have embroidery software that allows this, it's set as my default program when opening the files, but I don't get thumbnails when searching/looking at my catalog of designs. This would be very helpful and allow me to narrow...
  4. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  5. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  6. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

7. How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?: I create products for teachers and students using clipart. I recently began using OneDrive Personal to house my extensive clipart collection. However, all the PNG icons/thumbnails appear in Windows Explorer with a black background.For example, I have an entire folder of...
  8. How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?

How do I fix PNG thumbnail icons showing a black background in OneDrive Personal?: I create products for teachers and students using clipart. I recently began using OneDrive Personal to house my extensive clipart collection. However, all the PNG icons/thumbnails appear in Windows Explorer with a black background.For example, I have an entire folder of...
  9. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.: Good evening and thank you in advance for your time/expertise.Only two files video show icon, not thumbnail. I deleted and re-downloaded the files from Google Drive - twice.I reinstalled the program VideoLan VLC - twice. I cleared the cache with this programme:...
  10. Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.

Only 2 files video show icon not thumbnail.: Good evening and thank you in advance for your time/expertise.Only two files video show icon, not thumbnail. I deleted and re-downloaded the files from Google Drive - twice.I reinstalled the program VideoLan VLC - twice. I cleared the cache with this programme:...