Windows 10: Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping

Discus and support Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Lenovo Yoga Book tablet that I use as a display for a home automation system. And up until one windows update a few months ago now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by r00li, Dec 23, 2019.

1. r00li Win User

Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping

Hi!

I have a Lenovo Yoga Book tablet that I use as a display for a home automation system. And up until one windows update a few months ago now everything was working fine. I had the tablet configured to turn off the display after 10 minutes but never go to sleep. And pressing the power button would only turn off the display. That way I could just touch the display and the screen would come up. But as I said, one of the Windows updates broke this functionality. The Turn Off display option disappeared from settings for power button, and setting the screen to turn off after 10 minutes will put the computer to sleep as well.

Now, I had previously modified the CsEnabled enabled registry flag to 0 in:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

Upon checking that again I found out that it got enabled again with the update. So I disabled it again... only now this doesn't work anymore. Yes, the turn off display option is back and sleep is gone as expected. But... pressing the power button will turn off the display, but it will immediately turn on again without touching anything. Similarly the display will never turn off despite me not using the computer at all it's just running the desktop.

Please help me get this back to a usable state!

:)

r00li, Dec 23, 2019

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 23, 2019
  3. imacken Win User
    Windows 10 won't turn off display or sleep because of USB device

My Windows 10 install will not turn off display or sleep because of 2 USB devices.

I have around 10 USB devices, and I have worked out that it is my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS joystick and throttle that are preventing the system to turn off display and sleep.

If I turn those off then everything is OK.

Any suggestions, or is this a bug?

imacken, Dec 23, 2019
  4. HunkyDork Win User

Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

No! not at all . When I did fset my PC to "tablet mode" the Start Menu changed and now when I click on "Start" I get tiles over a darkened desktop Instead of the usual Start Menu on the left side of the screen. I want to get back to the "not tablet mode" but I cannot do it as I do it on my tablet PC.

Is it sinking in?

That is why I posted on "Tablet Mode - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 "

• Nice evening to you.

HunkyDork, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - turn off display on tablet without sleeping - Similar Threads - turn off display

2. Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature: Whenever I set <Turn off display>, this setting overrides the <Sleep> setting - why?Ex: Turning off the display is set to 15 minutes and Sleep is set to 1 hour, yet the system goes to sleep in 15 minutes as set by the Turn off the display setting - simply ignoring the Sleep...
  3. Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Turn off the display and Sleep feature: Whenever I set <Turn off display>, this setting overrides the <Sleep> setting - why?Ex: Turning off the display is set to 15 minutes and Sleep is set to 1 hour, yet the system goes to sleep in 15 minutes as set by the Turn off the display setting - simply ignoring the Sleep...
  4. Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off the display puts laptop to sleep?: My settings are to turn off the display after a few minutes but to never put the laptop to sleep. However, every time I leave my laptop alone and the 'display' turns off, I have to login? I don't want to have to login every time my laptop screen dims! I just got a new laptop...
  5. Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off: I have laptop lenovo ideapad 320 ikb and i can't turn off it or let it sleep because everytime i try to put it sleep or turn off it show black screen but the power button light is still on and if i want to turn it off i need to use the power button and when i put it sleep i...
  6. Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashing and can't sleep or turn off without hard turn off: I have laptop lenovo ideapad 320 ikb and i can't turn off it or let it sleep because everytime i try to put it sleep or turn off it show black screen but the power button light is still on and if i want to turn it off i need to use the power button and when i put it sleep i...
  7. Issues with turning off display and sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issues with turning off display and sleep mode: Hi I have a brand new Asus VivoBook laptop and the display is not turning off and the computer is not going to sleep for the times I've set. I've tried the Power troubleshooter, restoring Balanced plan to defaults, and turning off fast start up with no success. The screen...
  8. tablet going to sleep instead of turning off screen

in Windows 10 Support
    tablet going to sleep instead of turning off screen: I use a Lenovo Miix tablet as a "kiosk". The tablet hangs on a wall, and never goes to sleep - but it turns off the screen after 1 minute inactivity. Touching the screen should light it up immediately. All this worked wonderfully with Windows 8.1. After the move to Win10,...
  9. Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    Tablet PC display off timeout -> display deep sleep?: I have a Samsung Galaxy TabPro S and there is a very annoying problem to do with the display where after it times out, the display will not immediately wake up. Windows isn't in a sleep state as my music still plays in the background while the display is off. I have also...
  10. Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Continuum is Microsoft's new way of switching between tablet and desktop mode on a Windows 10 tablet or convertible PC as needed. Tablet mode makes Windows easier and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows tablet 10 display off