Windows 10: Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32

Discus and support Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I've been running windows 10 on my Toshiba satellite i3 core laptop successfully for about a month or two until a week ago when I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lance, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Lance Win User

Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32

Hey all,

I've been running windows 10 on my Toshiba satellite i3 core laptop successfully for about a month or two until a week ago when I went to print something it all of a sudden became super unresponsive. No programs would open, shut, terminate, including taskmgr. I've tried resetting it(comes back error), system recovery(comes back error), chkdsk /r, sf /scan now (Which comes back with errors but can't fix). When I allow the computer to boot to the log in, it stays stuck on the blue "please wait" screen for 4hours+ and then once i'm at the login window and put my password in, it takes another 1-2hours to load. Once it has logged in, the desktop is completely bare, no icons except for the recycle bin. The only thing that I can load is the user cmd prompt (not admin) and recycle bin(but is even very slow to respond).

I have also received this error message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted

I'm wondering if it is an application like Onedrive taking over processor memory?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Lance, Jul 12, 2016

2. Microsoft's updates messed up my pc

My laptop updated yesterday and now its a mess. It took 2 hours to update and when it reached the login screen i couldn't login because it wasnt loading. I had to force shutdown and restart it and then i was able to login. The desktop takes a while to load
    and everything is unresponsive. When i click on something i have to wait minutes for it to load. If i click on something while its loading it becomes unresponsive. When i use my browser it freezes for about 3 mins. If i play a game it freezes and i have to
    force shutdown. I tried using ctrl+alt+del but that doesnt work. Whenever i try clicking on the windows button to power off it takes forever to load. Everything is messed up since the update. Can someone please help me get my pc back together. I have a windows
    10 HP laptop.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. From Windows/Windows 10/Update, backup & recovery/PC to Windows/Windows 10/Performance & system failures/PC***

ChristopherBishun, Jul 12, 2016
  3. KB3200970

Today we are having major problems with office desktops that have installed MS update KB3200970. The only solution seems to be to uninstall the update.

• Login very slow.
    • Computer unresponsive.
    • Excel won't open a workbook.
    • etc.....

G.O. White, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Lance Win User

UPDATE: I was able to get the desktop icons back up and was able to drag some files on to my hard drive. I also have access to the Task Manager now.

Any help would be appreciated

Lance, Jul 13, 2016
  5. bookfox Win User
    Honestly, it sounds like the HDD is dying. Every time I get a customer experiencing similar symptoms with a Toshiba laptop, that's usually what the issue is. (I work in a tech support call center). I would run a HDD test first - both short and extended. Since Toshiba doesn't have boot diags, so Use Seagate Seatools. http://www.seagate.com/files/www-con...ndowsSetup.exe
    If that checks out, run DISM to help with the corrupt files you mentioned? If not, do it and then reboot to see if it helped.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...-10-image.html

bookfox, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Lance Win User
    I was not able to try the Seagate option because I can't download anything on the computer. But I think you're right about the HDD. I'm probably going to take it in to Microsoft soon and see what they say about it.

Thanks for your response bookfox!

Lance, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Unresponsive, 4hours+ to login desktop won't load, system32 - Similar Threads - Unresponsive 4hours+ login

2. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  3. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  4. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop and Programs won't load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop and Programs won't load: I'm nit sure how to explain this, when I log in which takes much longer than usual the taskbar and start button loads, but nothing else does, even programs. I can restart my PC from Ctrl Alt Del and managed to enter safe mode, but I have the same problem there.[IMG]n...
  6. Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with long login and desktop unresponsiveness: Good day ! I have a work computer for purely accounting purposes that's why I rule out a virus, as the only "other" thing I do on it is YouTube. About 1 of the 2 power-ups is "problematic", which means that I wait a long time after entering the password about 30...
  7. Windows 10 won't load to login with USB3.0 card installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 won't load to login with USB3.0 card installed: I have installed two new (different make/model) PCIe USB3.0 expansion cards on my workstation. On every attempt to boot, at the end of the OS loading period (Windows 10 blue logo screen) Windows either hangs or displays a graphic message "your PC has encountered an error ..."...
  8. PC unresponsive for about 10 seconds after loading to desktop.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC unresponsive for about 10 seconds after loading to desktop.: No issue until recently, roughly 3 days. After I login, the desktop loads and then it will freeze. Sometimes I am able to click to open chrome but then it immediately drops. Any help would be appreciated. 55318
  9. Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop won't boot to login screen?: Hi all, I've got a desktop running Win10 64-bit that fails to boot. It will boot to the "spinning circles" loading screen, but after that finishes I don't get the login screen, just a black screen with no cursor...? The 3 System Restore Points stored on the machine...
  10. Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 desktop unresponsive after login: Hi, on my Acer 5750g laptop running Windows 10 I logged in as usual and the desktop initially didn't populate my desktop at all so i restarted and the desktop was there as usual but the laptop was running very very slow and even hovering over icons on the desktop had no...