Windows 10: windows 10 update warning

Discus and support windows 10 update warning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; well I upgraded my windows 10 insider preview to windows 10 full version and today I installed updates and now my pc is back to being an insider... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nightflyer, Sep 4, 2015.

1. windows 10 update warning

well I upgraded my windows 10 insider preview to windows 10 full version and
    today I installed updates and now my pc is back to being an insider preview build 10535
    what gives here? I guess we will have to give Microsoft another S.I.P. award
    ( Stupidity in Programing )I am not a happy camper....

:)

nightflyer, Sep 4, 2015

2. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, Sep 4, 2015
  3. How to Install Windows 10 on Devices with Limited Space

Even though I have an external device with more than 40 Gb capacity and the assistant recognizes it, it still keeps asking me to free 5 more Gb from the (unit Cwindows 10 update warning :).

I have 3'62 Gb free memory in (Unit Cwindows 10 update warning :). It asks me to free 5'63 Gb more. That'll make a total of 9'25 GB. The assistant needs 9'80 GB free memory to update windows 10 without any external device. Does this mean that my external device will only be used
    for 0'55 GB? Please I don't understant anything. I just want my laptop to work. I'd stay with my actual version but it keeps showing me ads, interrupting my work and deleting random stuff because of uninterruptible random updates. It has already freed 3 GB
    and I dont even know where from.

Thank you.

Update windows 10 error, Sep 4, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

windows 10 update warning

Sorry to hear you have issues:
    Do you see this when you check the advanced options in setting?? Or something like this:

windows 10 update warning [​IMG]

If you do then chose to stop insider builds and I hate to say it but you'll have to go back and to 10 10240.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

PS, Welcome to the forum
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Sep 4, 2015
  5. thanks ...I figured as much, still it said nothing about being a preview and my other machines are still waiting for the upgrade and its been over a month...Microsoft said weeks not months...they are going to anger everyone

nightflyer, Sep 4, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Sep 4, 2015
  7. blaze007 Win User
    are you sure your other machines are not on the slow ring?

and this seem to be user error and have nothing to do with ms actions.

blaze007, Sep 4, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

I think the OP was referring to their upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10. As mentioned, the upgrade is available anytime anyone wants it, just run the Media Creation Tool.

NavyLCDR, Sep 4, 2015
  9. I found some info and read it a few times and I understand better how to use the
    media creator... but for now I think I want to keep my windows 8 till something un recoverable happens...

nightflyer, Sep 5, 2015
  10. I still think they should get a S.I.P. award...(I made that up thought it was funny at the time... Stupidity in Programming...hehehehehe.)for no start button in w8 and no menus in Edge only limited function icons ,no menus like in IE 11...

nightflyer, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 update warning - Similar Threads - update warning

2. Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".: Hello,I am seeing a BitLocker key warning when trying to update BIOS which implies if I don't make record of a mysterious code I know absolutely nothing about, I'll never be able to use my computer again. This message is a surprise to me. I know absolutely nothing about this....
  3. Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".: Hello,I am seeing a BitLocker key warning when trying to update BIOS which implies if I don't make record of a mysterious code I know absolutely nothing about, I'll never be able to use my computer again. This message is a surprise to me. I know absolutely nothing about this....
  4. Seeing a "BitLocker" warning when trying to update BIOS. Asking for a mysterious "key".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Just thought I'd warn everyone about the new Win11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just thought I'd warn everyone about the new Win11 update: The newest Win11 update 09/26/23, you can NO longer remove the notifications icon the little bell icon on taskbar now... And NO, the 'DND' doesn't work to remove it anymore, that just puts some Zzz's over it... : And it adds a new icon 'Copilot' that you have to remove as...
  6. Just thought I'd warn everyone about the new Win11 update

Just thought I'd warn everyone about the new Win11 update: The newest Win11 update 09/26/23, you can NO longer remove the notifications icon the little bell icon on taskbar now... And NO, the 'DND' doesn't work to remove it anymore, that just puts some Zzz's over it... : And it adds a new icon 'Copilot' that you have to remove as...
  7. After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...: After the most recent Microsoft update, my excel file when saved has a warning message about a ~$ file which appears grayed and uses the same file name. I can't access it but I see a warning message. Why is this appearing and how do I stop it? I can't access the file itself....
  8. After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...: After the most recent Microsoft update, my excel file when saved has a warning message about a ~$ file which appears grayed and uses the same file name. I can't access it but I see a warning message. Why is this appearing and how do I stop it? I can't access the file itself....
  9. After most recent Microsoft update, there's a warning message about a ~$ file which appears...

10. WARNING: Latest Windows 10 Update as of 4-11-2023 Can Delete DOCUMENTS folder files; DO NOT...

WARNING: Latest Windows 10 Update as of 4-11-2023 Can Delete DOCUMENTS folder files; DO NOT...: Once again, as in about 4 years ago, Microsoft has done it again. Once again the latest Windows 10 update can trash your Documents folder files and make them so they are not recoverable. In my case, Microsoft deleted well over 250GB of files. And from what I understand, they...