Windows 10: Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I got a call from my mom earlier about how her computer had an automatic update, and now her computer isn't running Windows 10. I can't check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FinnaVanilla, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

Hey all, I got a call from my mom earlier about how her computer had an automatic update, and now her computer isn't running Windows 10. I can't check right this second, but from what she's telling me, it "updated" it to Windows 8.1 and won't let her upgrade back. Is there anything I can do to get her back on Windows 10?

:)

FinnaVanilla, Mar 1, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Mar 1, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Mar 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

Is it possible tablet mode was accidentally turned on?
    Tablet Mode - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The only way it would have went back to Windows 8.1 is if the upgrade has been in the last 30 days and something caused it to revert back to Windows 8.1. After the 30 days a clean install of Windows 8.1 is required to go back.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

1. Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - updated

2. The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The recently window update may cause my SP SSD to fail.: After the recently Window 10 update, my SP SSD failed in the following ways: after logging in the window, it took 4 - 5 minutes to load instead of 2 - 3 seconds in the past before it could properly function. One time, there was even a screen showing my C:/ driver was broken...
  3. Windows 8.1; Defender Update Error 80070714

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 8.1; Defender Update Error 80070714: I've been updating Defender almost every day since 2014 with a 99% success rate - failures have usually been due to ISP internet connection problems. Since 16th. April 2019 - a week ago - I've had continual update failures, multiple times a day, with error code 80070714....
  4. System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update

System Mechanic version 18.7.0.64 deleted files after update: On April 11, 2019, my System Mechanic updated itself to version 18.7.0.64, and it was the fastest upgrade to date. As per usual, it deleted the older version, and then reinstalled the newer version. However, in the process of doing so, it apparently never reinstalled the...
  5. windows update not working (version 1511)

windows update not working (version 1511): I am trying to update, but when it gets to installing update it gets stuck at 13% and after awhile it shows error code 0x800705b4. I have a HP Convertible x360 with an Intel Celeron CPU...
  6. How can Microsoft downloaded 10 without my permission? No, I did not accept and update was...

How can Microsoft downloaded 10 without my permission? No, I did not accept and update was...: How can Microsoft downloaded 10 without my permission? No, I did not accept and update was turned off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-microsoft-downloaded-10-without-my/e822b494-f418-45d8-9066-96cf98ac27d0"
  7. Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...

Can't setup the Find My Device feature because it says I need updates, but I'm fully...: I have just done a clean install + all updates of Windows on my Surface Book. When I try to setup Find My Device through my Microsoft account, I'm getting this message: https://snag.gy/7CiWA9.jpg However, when I go to Windows Updates it's showing me that I'm fully...
  8. RELATED TO WINDOWS UPDATE

RELATED TO WINDOWS UPDATE: In my laptop windows update was not there in services.msc so i install it from internet. Then i click on start services of windows update then it again pops up the message that windows could not start windows update on local computer error 2 the file location is not...
  9. update

update: Hi I have the following updates. One installed the other says failed but both are for the same update. Should I try to update the failed one even thought it is the same number. 2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based system...
  10. Updated computer & have Windows 10 1083. I use CoreldDraw Suite 2019 with it to cut vinyl...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updated computer & have Windows 10 1083. I use CoreldDraw Suite 2019 with it to cut vinyl...: Have updated Dell computer with Windows 10 1083. I have a vinyl cutter- Roland Camm-1 GS 24 that was synced up with Roland Cut Studio and CorelDraw Suite 2019 to make the cutter cut vinyl for signs and banners. In trying to sync CorelDraw 2019 with Roland Cut Studio 311 all I...