Windows 10: Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

Discus and support Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I got a call from my mom earlier about how her computer had an automatic update, and now her computer isn't running Windows 10. I can't check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FinnaVanilla, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

Hey all, I got a call from my mom earlier about how her computer had an automatic update, and now her computer isn't running Windows 10. I can't check right this second, but from what she's telling me, it "updated" it to Windows 8.1 and won't let her upgrade back. Is there anything I can do to get her back on Windows 10?

:)

FinnaVanilla, Mar 1, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Mar 1, 2016
  3. pichs Win User
    How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

What are third party tag editors?

pichs, Mar 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

Is it possible tablet mode was accidentally turned on?
    Tablet Mode - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The only way it would have went back to Windows 8.1 is if the upgrade has been in the last 30 days and something caused it to revert back to Windows 8.1. After the 30 days a clean install of Windows 8.1 is required to go back.

NavyLCDR, Mar 1, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1

1. Windows 10 "updated" to Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - updated

2. Windows 10 Update keeps installing old Intel UHD Graphics 630 post DCH driver release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update keeps installing old Intel UHD Graphics 630 post DCH driver release: Hi there - I would just like to ask a question regarding updating of Intel hardware beyond November 2018 with the new DCH drivers. I am having issues in not being able to update my Intel Graphics UHD 630 drivers properly, ever since Microsoft/Intel implemented the new DCH...
  3. Since updating to Windows Insider Bulid Taskbar isn't transparent anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since updating to Windows Insider Bulid Taskbar isn't transparent anymore: It changed its colour to blurry white/greyish from very nice transparent black. Weird thing is that on my other monitor it works just fine as it used to. I am using DisplayFusion for dual monitor taskbars. As you can see on attached pictures, on the first one you can see the...
  4. Corrupted boot sector after latest windows updated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted boot sector after latest windows updated: Last Friday I selected the 'update and shut down' option and left for a few days. Next time I tried to boot up, got the blue screen of death. Unable to repair, unable to restore. Looking through the srttrail log, I found "recently serviced boot binary is corrupt". Unable...
  5. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after installing may 2019 update

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after installing may 2019 update: Hello, i dont see whats wrong never had an issue as i had my custom built PC for 2 years now, but i keep getting this blue screen after i installed 1903 update with the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL previous update is perfect i dont know what happened. If anyone has an idea...
  6. Update killed my computer!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my computer!: So after one of your wonderful Windows updates on my Asus Zenbook Flip, it went to a blue screen and said it had to restart. The laptop shut down and now it's completely dead...no lights, no charging, no nothing. What the heck did you do Microsoft...this is my lifeline for...
  7. Video editing feature missing in windows 10 after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video editing feature missing in windows 10 after 1903 update: Hii community I am an win10 1903 user but unable to edit my photos or videos as I did in win10 1803 any help regarding this problem may be helpful Thank You...
  8. Windows 10 VPN Connection does not connect after 1903 Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 VPN Connection does not connect after 1903 Update.: Hi, I have a problem with our VPN connection to the office from machines that have done the Windows 10 1903 Update. When you click on the connection it just sits there. I have recreated them and it makes not difference. If i connect with a Windows 10 machine with 1809 it...
  9. What exactly does "update and shutdown" do?

What exactly does "update and shutdown" do?: I want to know what update and shutdown does. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-exactly-does-update-and-shutdown-do/0f714512-6f93-4f5a-9615-c96a43ffec73
  10. Windows Update

Windows Update: hey I need help when I am updating windows I am getting this message: Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x80073712) Windows 10 home HP Notebook P1A95UA#ABA...