Windows 10: Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely

Discus and support Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I need help!!! Up until September my PC downloaded and installed Windows 10 updates for months and months with no problem. Since then every time I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Tabman, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Tabman Win User

Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely

I need help!!!
    Up until September my PC downloaded and installed Windows 10 updates for months and months with no problem. Since then every time I get an update when the systems tries to restart it shuts down then restarts and I get the Blue windows symbol for a few seconds then the screen turns black with a rotating symbol at the bottom indicating it is installing the update.
    However it just sits and sits and sits at that screen and never goes any further. I have waited up to an hour.
    I have to manually turn off the PC, 10 second rule, unplug my mouse USB then reboot.
    The updates are then installed and the sign in screen appears. I then reinsert my USB and everything works fine until the next update.
    Since I can’t get to the sign in screen I can’t start in safe mode.
    I have checked the drivers for all my USB devices and they are supposedly up to date.
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the mouse.
    I have checked the display adapter and the only one I have installed is the Intel HD Graphics and you can’t uninstall it.
    Nothing has worked!!!!!!!

:)

Tabman, Nov 17, 2016

2. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

So I am using this tool to try to reinstall my windows 10. The process goes along nicely until I get to the 2nd "getting updates" where the process stalls out and hangs at 0 percent indefinitely. The longest I've let it run is overnight where no progress
    was made still.

Is there something that could be causing this?

drew_warner, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 apps won't load/stuck on splash screen.

I'm suddenly having this same problem with Mail/Calendar on Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet. I've tried rebooting and checked the Store for updates. These two apps just stall on the splash screen indefinitely. I'm still getting notifications
    in the Action Center.

Like others in this thread, I've noticed that the Troubleshooter doesn't seem to work under "this version" of Windows - guessing it was designed for Windows 8.x.

Normally I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling troublesome apps, but you can't uninstall these. Any other ideas?

Greg Edwards MVP Alumnus (2010-2014), Nov 17, 2016
  4. Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely

cottonball, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely

1. Windows 10 updates stalls indefinitely - Similar Threads - updates stalls indefinitely

2. Windows update stalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stalled: My desktop said to restart to finish install of windows 11 updates. I clicked restart. Now it is stalled. All I get is a black screen with the spinning dots and the message "You're 20% there. Please keep your computer on." There are no icons to click on. What do I need to do?...
  3. Windows update stalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update stalled: My desktop said to restart to finish install of windows 11 updates. I clicked restart. Now it is stalled. All I get is a black screen with the spinning dots and the message "You're 20% there. Please keep your computer on." There are no icons to click on. What do I need to do?...
  4. Update stalled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stalled: I am stalled at different percentages each time I try. Once , I got to 99% but I hit pause updates by mistake and it didn't finish. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-stalled/f769f5a5-a68e-4f7e-b6fb-00bea2f395fa
  5. Windows 10 update has stalled

Windows 10 update has stalled: started update & computer is frozen on black screen for 18 hours. Can hear something running but can't get a screen op. Should I torn off & restart? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-has-stalled/2ca43742-3056-49b1-a936-16f7f53b8ac0
  6. Update stall

Update stall: Windows 10 update says I need to Manually uninstall MCafee VirusScan Enterprise Edition. I don't have the program, I have gone to their website for help, received this Run Command, "msiexec /x {CE15D1B6-19B6-4D4D-8F43-CF5D2C3356FF} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R" Ran it, Says "This...
  7. Windows 10 update 1903 stalled

Windows 10 update 1903 stalled: The Windows 10 feature update to version 1903 has been stalled at 88% for over 4 hours. This is the second attempt - the first downloaded, but failed to install. Does anyone have a solution?...
  8. Windows 10 Updates Stalled

Windows 10 Updates Stalled: My wife's HP 2 in 1 has stuck Windows 10 updates. I cannot access the computer right now so I cannot get the exact version and build level but I am pretty sure it is at least 1809. I have seen this behavior before. Updates get downloaded and attempt to install but fail. Then...
  9. Stalled Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stalled Updates?: That is what it looks like to me on my wife's computer: 1. Before the Feb2018 Cumulative Update even started to download, updates for Malicious Software and Defender Antivirus were shown as waiting to install. 2. Cumulative downloaded, has been on install 100% for at...
  10. Updates Stalled

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates Stalled: I've been out of town for about 10 days, knew that build 10130 was available so I fired up the PC to get the update. The problem is I have a couple of other updates downloading but they have stalled. I've shut down and restarted 2 times hoping they would continue but now...