Windows 10: Windows 10 upgrade, help please

Discus and support Windows 10 upgrade, help please in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Finally decided that i want to upgrade to windows 10, clicked the upgrade now button and the window just closed after about a second, tried this many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by spvrtan, Jan 10, 2016.

1. spvrtan Win User

Windows 10 upgrade, help please

Finally decided that i want to upgrade to windows 10, clicked the upgrade now button and the window just closed after about a second, tried this many times and nothing happened. Ran windows update, clicked the upgrade now button again and it just sticks on starting download..
    Tried to uninstall KB2952664 and re-install but the standalone installer also just sticks on 'searching for updates for this computer' can anyone help me please? I'm using windows 7 home premium x64
    The $WINDOWS.~BT folder that windows 10 supposedly downloads to is also not growing in size, still 24kb

:)

spvrtan, Jan 10, 2016

2. windows 10 upgrade error please please please help me out

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I apologies for delay in response. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

The information which you have provided is not enough for us to determine the issue. Please provide us more information.

• From which Windows edition are you trying to upgrade Windows?
    If you are upgrading from Windows 8.1 home 32 bit, you must select Windows 10 home 32 bits . It’s important that to match the architecture and edition. Make sure that you are selecting correct edition and architecture.

For more information, I suggest you to check and refer the below given link on activating Windows and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 10, 2016
  3. windows 10 upgrade error please please please help me out

hi guys,

i am having a pc currently running windows 8.i just wanted to upgrade it to windows 10 without upgrading to windows 8.1.

i downloaded the media creation tool and created a media or whatsoever now when i click next it tells me to enter the windows product key(i am having a genuine version of windows),i am having an oem version which means that the product key is buried in bios
    so i downloaded several third party apps to extract the key and i got it very soon. i just pasted that key into the windows 10 setup but it keeps displaying this product key will not work.

what should i do now ,

is there any other key for windows 10. as per my knowledge microsoft is rolling out free upgrades to windows 10 , so it means they are upgrading their product keys to of windows 10.

how should i get this key updated or please help me out ?

thanks in advance

KAVITA

kavitayaduvanshi, Jan 10, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    There is some prep work required before you upgrade, to make sure it runs smoothly:

Uninstall any 3rd-party anti-virus
    Run sfc /scannow to make sure all system files are intact
    back up your files, or make a system image
    make sure your BIOS is latest version
    If you have moved your user files to another drive, move them back

Grab the ISO from MS TechBench, (see option #1), and mount it from within W7, and run setup.exe
    (In W7: and select upgrade, keeping apps and files, begin at step 5)

Alternately, you could backup your data files, write down your W7 key, and clean install using the ISO downloaded from MSTechBench, typing in your W7 key when asked - it will now activate that way, and you can skip the upgrade process altogether.

If you don't know your W7 key, you can get it using this tool:
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

simrick, Jan 10, 2016
  5. spvrtan Win User
    After some time trying many different things i've finally got it working through windows update, it downloaded fully, the only problem now is that it's stuck on preparing for installation, is it normal to take this long?

spvrtan, Jan 10, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    It can take quite a lot of time compared to what most folks expect. You might want to just go find something else to do for awhile and come back in an hour and see what's up. If it hangs "permanently", you're then probably better off following one of simrick's two suggestions in full.

Word Man, Jan 10, 2016
  7. spvrtan Win User
    I got windows 10 installed but when I shut down it began to continuously reboot and give the error 'your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart, we're just collecting some information and your pc will restart for you' and gives me an error code 0xc000021a, I've tried to boot and reinstall my windows 7 os with the disc but that won't work either, my pc is basically completely useless at this point, any help please?

spvrtan, Jan 14, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

When W10 gets into a problem and can't boot, after 3 tries it will take you to the Advanced Menu with options for resetting/repairing, etc. Did it never get to that point? or, did you not let it try to boot more than three times?

What is not working? It won't boot from the W7 disk? It won't read the disk as a W7 OS?

Perhaps you should grab the TechBench ISO and just do a clean install at this point. If you have your W7 key, you can enter it during installation, or any time later to activate the OS. (See my post #2). Also, a little more detail in your system specs (in your profile) would be helpful.

simrick, Jan 14, 2016
  9. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Sounds as if there's incompatible software on TS's system. Anti-virus program perhaps ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 upgrade, help please - Similar Threads - upgrade help please

2. Please help windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help windows 10: Windows 10 machine in my house keeps dropping my WIFI. Unable to connect properly and sometimes it says connected but unable to pull up any websites says no connection. I restarted my computer and router but behaving the same....
  3. Please help windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help windows 10: Windows 10 machine in my house keeps dropping my WIFI. Unable to connect properly and sometimes it says connected but unable to pull up any websites says no connection. I restarted my computer and router but behaving the same....
  4. Upgrading and need help please.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Upgrading and need help please.: Hello everyone. I'm sorry for my bad English. I bought a PC about 4 years ago and I am now looking to upgrade my graphic card. I have a $300 budget and i'm looking to get a good bang for my buck and compatible with my current set up. My system Specs : CPS - Intel(R) Core(TM)...
  5. Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.: Post-installation, I noticed that the bass in a lot of the music I hear seems to feel 'empty', like there's no presence. This is more noticeable the lower the 808 note. Even messing around with the Equalizer and increasing the lower frequencies creates overwhelming bass....
  6. Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All I am hoping that somebody might be able to help. I bought my laptop in June so practically a brand new pc, and it worked absolutely fine in Win 8.1. I upgraded it to Win 10 a couple of days ago and it has since got practically unusable! Here is a summary of the...
  7. HELP with SFC after DVD upgrade to 10 please

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HELP with SFC after DVD upgrade to 10 please: Could not get the upgrade tool to work in 7 because of my Nvidia card which the tool refused. Spent hours taking to nvidia and installing new w10/7 drivers. Nothing....So I upgraded using the DVD media and my 10 looks good except it killed the activation in Excel and outlook...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 10, please help: I have an older PC with an Intel Dual Core E6600 CPU and have Windows 7 as well as Windows 8.1 in dual boot configuration installed. I cannot upgrade the Windows 8.1 install since it is installed on a virtual drive and when I try to upgrade the Windows 7 install, I get...
  9. Need Help With Windows Upgrade please

Need Help With Windows Upgrade please: I have Windows 10 Pro build 240 installed (and activated) currently, but I want to update to (at minimum) the November Update, currently my start menu is 'broken' because after upgrading from Win 7 I had 512+ shortcuts I have a single (500GB) Hard disk which has been...
  10. Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10 but in vain. Please help.

Tried everything to upgrade to Windows 10 but in vain. Please help.: Hello, I would like to know if i can cancel my reservation from the Get Windows 10 app so that i don't get the prompt every now and then and then upgrade from a bootable media later on? I've tried all possible solution out there to upgrade my windows 8.1 to 10 but...