Windows 10: Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO

Discus and support Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys is this possible? Because I will put in my DVD Drive from my old PC to my newer build because i can't seem to use my flash drive to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RoasterMen, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO

Hey guys is this possible? Because I will put in my DVD Drive from my old PC to my newer build because i can't seem to use my flash drive to install windows because it's giving me "Windows can only be installed on GPT disks" error.

:)

RoasterMen, Nov 25, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 25, 2016
  3. Linney Win User
    Win 10 won't boot after recent update

I am getting confused. To me an .iso file is a way to install Windows by either burning it to DVD, or USB, and thereby making bootable install media, or by right-clicking on it and "Mounting" the .iso to access the Setup files.

I don't really understand what you mean by "USB hdd ( on which I have the win 10 bootable iso)"? Is that all you have on that USB hdd, or is Windows 10 also installed on that USB hdd?

Linney, Nov 25, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO

Delete ALL paritions on the hd first then it should work let windows create what it needs

Samuria, Nov 25, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Your issue is that your installer is probably set up for a uefi install which needs a gpt formatted hard drivd but the hard drive is mbr formatted so can only install as leha y bios.

cereberus, Nov 25, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    That is not going to work - the drive cannot change to gpt via the installer. either op does legacy bios install or converts hdd to gpt first.

cereberus, Nov 25, 2016
  7. SIW2 Win User
    Remove the efi folder on the root of the media, or rename it to e.g. efinon

8. NavyLCDR New Member

And why should the user force installing in MBR/legacy BIOS mode when the computer is UEFI?

To convert the hard drive to GPT to boot with UEFI:

Go through the Windows setup options, select the Custom Install option when asked. When you get a list of hard drives and partitions, press Shift-F3, that will open an administrator command prompt. In the command prompt run:

Type diskpart.

At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

Important
    Running the clean command will delete all partitions or volumes on the disk and erase the entire disk.

At the DISKPART prompt, type convert gpt.

Type Exit and Exit again (exit twice).

Then click refresh and install Windows 10 to the unallocated space.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 USB Installer to ISO - Similar Threads - USB Installer ISO

2. Windows 10 ISO install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 ISO install: vCouldn’t install Windows on the new SSD drive instead I installed Lenox. A Lenovo Laptop had failed hard drive. That was two years ago, now Like to install Windows 10 with an ISO file, however, there doesn’t appear to be any product key on the computer. There is a Windows...
  3. Usb windows installation iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb windows installation iso: So I installed windows on a usb and plugged it in cuz I was having issues, it didn’t work so I went to bios and changed the boot manager thingy to the usb and it worked . If I take the usb out will windows not work? I clicked the option to download it on my 475gb stuff which...
  4. Usb windows installation iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb windows installation iso: So I installed windows on a usb and plugged it in cuz I was having issues, it didn’t work so I went to bios and changed the boot manager thingy to the usb and it worked . If I take the usb out will windows not work? I clicked the option to download it on my 475gb stuff which...
  5. Usb windows installation iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. windows 10 ISO installation

windows 10 ISO installation: Hi, trying to update windows 7 to windows 10 from an ISO file: gets to 83% and then says installation failed. It doesn't give a code, just that message. Any way to fix that? thanks...
  7. Windows 10 ISO not installing

Windows 10 ISO not installing: Short version: Trying to install Win10 ISO on a 1TB Crucial SSD from memory stick It loads about halfway then freezes. Once it loaded and I was able to reinstall my software but the next morning it wouldn't boot made it past the initial boot screen but froze to a black...
  8. ISO TO USB

ISO TO USB: I want to burn my iso file to usb but i don't have admin rights anyone who knows pls answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iso-to-usb/d9a44a17-88ce-4b7b-a313-ed4689f62ca1
  9. installing windows 10 from a usb iso

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    installing windows 10 from a usb iso: Hi there, I've been trying to reinstall windows 10 on my Lenovo V110-15AST laptop for a month, but unsuccessfully. I watched many videos and used the CMD prompt but dd not succeed. My problem started when I deleted the partition where the windows 10 was installed after...
  10. Windows 7 installs using usb iso install instead of windows 10

Windows 7 installs using usb iso install instead of windows 10: Every time I create a windows USB ISO from the Microsoft USB tool, windows 7 installs on the USB stick and not windows 10. I am trying to do a clean install of windows 10. Why won't the USB drive tool not install windows 10, which is the option I selected?...