Windows 10: Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

Discus and support Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i have big problem with deploying Win 10 v1809 with WDS. I configured WDS. Everything works until i get to the screen, where i have to select my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KarimEl.Sawy, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

Hi,

i have big problem with deploying Win 10 v1809 with WDS. I configured WDS.

Everything works until i get to the screen, where i have to select my Windows destination. With my xml i wanted to do this automatically. but there is no wipe of the disk and there is no creation of new partitions. I need to create the partitions for UEFI.

Did i do something wrong? Hope u can help me.

On WDS i connected the xml file with the installation image and also pu it under the settings/client tab for x64(uefi).

greetings Karim

Here is my xml:

xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">

<settings pass="windowsPE">

<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE">

<SetupUILanguage>

<UILanguage>de-DE</UILanguage>

</SetupUILanguage>

<InputLocale>0407:00000407</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>de-DE</SystemLocale>

<UILanguage>de-DE</UILanguage>

<UILanguageFallback>de-DE</UILanguageFallback>

<UserLocale>de-DE</UserLocale>

</component>

<component language="neutral" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" versionScope="nonSxS" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" processorArchitecture="amd64" name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup">

<DiskConfiguration>

<Disk wcm:action="add">

<WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk>

<DiskID>0</DiskID>

<CreatePartitions>

<CreatePartition wcm:action="add">

<Order>1</Order>

<Size>500</Size>

<Type>Primary</Type>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>2</Order>

<Size>100</Size>

<Type>EFI</Type>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>3</Order>

<Size>16</Size>

<Type>MSR</Type>

</CreatePartition>

<Extend>true</Extend>

<Order>4</Order>

<Type>Primary</Type>

</CreatePartition>

</CreatePartitions>

<ModifyPartitions>

<ModifyPartition wcm:action="add">

<Format>NTFS</Format>

<Label>WinRE</Label>

<Order>1</Order>

<PartitionID>1</PartitionID>

<TypeID>DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC</TypeID>

</ModifyPartition>

<Label>System</Label>

<Format>FAT32</Format>

<Order>2</Order>

<PartitionID>2</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

<Order>3</Order>

<PartitionID>3</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

<Letter>C</Letter>

<Label>Windows</Label>

<Format>NTFS</Format>

<Order>4</Order>

<PartitionID>4</PartitionID>

</ModifyPartition>

</ModifyPartitions>

</Disk>

<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>

</DiskConfiguration>

<ImageInstall>

<OSImage>

<InstallTo>

<DiskID>0</DiskID>

<PartitionID>4</PartitionID>

</InstallTo>

<WillShowUI>OnError</WillShowUI>

</OSImage>

</ImageInstall>

</component>

</settings>

<cpiWindows 10  v1809 unattended diskconfiguration :eek:fflineImage xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" cpi:source="wim:\\***********\REMINST\Images\Group1\install.wim#Windows 10 Pro"/>

</unattend>

:)

KarimEl.Sawy, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Windows 10  v1809 unattended diskconfiguration [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Windows 10  v1809 unattended diskconfiguration [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

1. Windows 10 v1809 unattended diskconfiguration - Similar Threads - v1809 unattended diskconfiguration

2. Windows 10 Pro unattended logout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro unattended logout: I have reinstalled Windows 10 Pro, I have enabled the System Unattended Sleep Timeout under power settings and set it to 0. I have set all sleep options to never, and it still logs out after a short time. I have Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 installed. My PC is linked to my...
  3. Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 v1809: Windows 10 version 1809 automatically downloaded a day or so ago. Since then all my settings seem to have disappered, 'split screen' no longer possible, no access to the taskbar, etc, etc, passwords forgotten. Total chaos, a 10 minute job now takes half an hour. I'm runnning...
  4. Windows 10 v1703 to v1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1703 to v1809: Hi! I am currently working to update my workstation from Windows v1703, OS Build 15063.2108 to Windows v1809. I cannot use an ISO to rebuild this machine and need to update it using only KBs from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The updates I would like to push are...
  5. Windows 10 Pro V1809

Windows 10 Pro V1809: Where can I download the latest version of 1809? I ask as I'm still on 1803, and don't want to go to 1903 yet. And I missed getting it from MS site before 1903 went public. Any help is greatly appreciated! 133186
  6. Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 v1809: I did 'updates' to v1809 on my Surface Pro 6, and I have a SSD 256GB drive on the unit. When I download PDFs and other files/folders. I go to the SSD chip and they disappear. It has started to happen after it updated to v1809. Has anyone been experiencing this? Thanks...
  7. Is window V1809

Is window V1809: Hello, Is window 10 V1809 back in? it's been trying to install for weeks and failed every time with error 0x80240034 or 0x80070005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-window-v1809/0600a32a-2b9c-43b3-a15a-a97d34440a8e
  8. Windows 10 v1809

Windows 10 v1809: So, when v1809 came out a few weeks ago or so, I created a bootable Flash drive with it. It's my understanding that Microsoft has pulled the 1809 version. Does that mean I cannot do a fresh install with 1809? Of if i can, will I have problems? 121349
  9. Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation

Windows 10 V1809 Unattended Installation: We are using the following xml file for windows 10 unattended installation. But unable to Pass Keyboard layout selection , Privacy settings, Lets connect (network setup) settings. Could you please help us out. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> -<unattend...
  10. Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.

Problems with unattended Windows 10 installation.: I have problem to install Windows 10 with an unattended xml file. Following error message appear "No images are available." Below the text is the content of my unattended xml file. I have also attached an picture about error message. Can someone help me with this problem?...