Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; After May 9, 2017, Windows 10 devices running version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates. Microsoft recommends updating devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...curity-updates

Brink, Apr 12, 2017
  2. DavidY Win User

As I'd already spotted that the end of 1507 updates was imminent, this is the interesting bit for me:
    When I checked the lifecycle fact sheet last week, it talked about 1507 going out of mainstream support in 2020.
    Now it's updated straight from 1507 to 1703 (missing out 1511 and 1607 completely for some reason) but the curious thing for me is that the date when mainstream support ends is still 2020.

Whatever happened to the idea of 'Windows 10 is the last version of Windows'?

If that were true, logically the support date for 1703 should have moved on a couple of years, because 1703 is a complete new release of an operating system so the clock should start again, and it should be in mainstream support until 2022.
    So what's going on...?

:)

DavidY, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Jane Lla Win User
    Your Device need latest security Update

Hello Georg,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround.

Attach a snip of the pop-up message you're getting regarding the security update so we could further check.

Windows 10 version 1607 should still get security updates. The below article contains the updates released by Microsoft for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. You may also use it as a guideline on how to manually update your OS:

Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 update history

In line with your concern, the Windows 10 version 1507 is the one that will no longer receive security updates:

We will keep an eye out for your response.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Ian_CD Win User

Windows 10 v1709 Upgrade installation fails

This is the page
    the security warning links to:

Your version of Windows 10 is out of date

Your device is running an older version of Windows 10. To continue to receive security updates and enjoy the latest features Windows 10 has to offer, you need to update your device to a newer version of Windows 10.*

Looks like the warning is actually aimed at those still running version 1507... following that * asterisk:

* If you continue to use your current version, your computer will still work, but since you won’t continue to receive new security updates, it could become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. To learn more about the end of service for
    Windows 10, version 1507, review the
    frequently asked questions

Mis-identifying the version this PC is running...

Ian_CD, Apr 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates - Similar Threads - version 1507 longer

2. Windows 10 version with Security updates only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 version with Security updates only: Hello all, I am officer Damasceno, with Wilson's Mills Police Department. I am looking for a Microsoft Windows 10 ISO that can be used to install in our patrol cars without all the unnecessary software. I understand there is Windows Spectre out there, but unfortunately that...
  3. Windows 10 version with Security updates only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 version with Security updates only: Hello all, I am officer Damasceno, with Wilson's Mills Police Department. I am looking for a Microsoft Windows 10 ISO that can be used to install in our patrol cars without all the unnecessary software. I understand there is Windows Spectre out there, but unfortunately that...
  4. Version of Windows 10 is out of date and no longer receiving updates after restore point

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Version of Windows 10 is out of date and no longer receiving updates after restore point: Hey all, hope everyone is doing alright. I have an HP Envy 17 old but great computer and I ran into some issues recently caused by a virus that "mysteriously" came in after uninstalling Norton AV. I tried restoring to previous times but nothing fixed the issue, so I had to...
  5. Windows 10 notification: "You're not receiving security updates"

Windows 10 notification: "You're not receiving security updates": Just got this message, 'Windows 10 notification: "You're not receiving security updates"'. Hmm. Actually windows just forced updates on me this week. I had Windows Pro, machine went south, re-installed Windows, never bothered to try to get Pro re-instated, just live w/ the...
  6. How much windows updates are there for windows 10 1507 or 21h1

How much windows updates are there for windows 10 1507 or 21h1: How much windows updates are there for windows 10 1507 or 21h1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-much-windows-updates-are-there-for-windows-10/27f1dd8e-0cae-44ce-8061-d9ccbe678f17
  7. Upgrade to latest version from "Windows 10 version 1507 build 10240"

Upgrade to latest version from "Windows 10 version 1507 build 10240": Hey, I am just curious to install the latest version of windows but the problem is Can I update it from my version 1507 to the latest Windows version? Some say it is too old and will not support an update, instead better to go for a clean installation. But I just need to...
  8. Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems KB4134662.

Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems KB4134662.: i can''t get my PC to update. Update for Windows 10 Version 1507 for x64-based Systems KB4134662. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-windows-10-version-1507-for-x64-based/b06a0caf-b9d5-459f-ac75-4398f13b90ed
  9. Windows 10 Version 1507 update failure

Windows 10 Version 1507 update failure: I have a x86 based machine that I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Every time I run Windows Update, the software attempts to install Version 1507, and fails. I don't know why the update app continues and fails to try this update. I am not sure how to find my current...
  10. Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1507 will no longer receive security updates: After May 9, 2017, Windows 10 devices running version 1507 will no longer receive security and quality updates. Microsoft recommends updating devices to the latest version of Windows 10 by visiting the Software Download site and selecting Update now to manually update your...