Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem. After the 1809 update I've found that all the PCs I have applied it to so far have the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CPCFREAK, Oct 10, 2018.

1. CPCFREAK Win User

Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

After the 1809 update I've found that all the PCs I have applied it to so far have the same symptom of very slow access to the New submenu in Right Click Context menus. It seems when you first open the right click menu and scroll to the New submenu there will be a long delay before the submenu opens which freezes the Context menu. Once the New submenu opens you can roll the mouse cursor on and off the submenu and it will close and re-open quickly, but as soon as you allow the Context menu to close and try the re-open it the problem returns. It appears to be some problem with background enumeration of the menu.

I also notice on a couple of machines New submenu contains far fewer items after the 1809 update.

This happens over the desktop or in any open Explorer window.

The five machines I have upgraded are from a variety of manufacturers(Dell, Acer and Asus) using different processors(new and old), graphic cards(AMD, Nvidia and Intel), etc., etc., so it seems it is not associated with any specific hardware. I have had no other obvious problems with the 1809 update.

:)

CPCFREAK, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Mi(h&e1 Win User

Changing the file types available in the new menu item of the windows context menu

How do you alter the file types that are listed when you select 'New'
    from the Windows 10 context menu? New software installations add their file types and replace items that were already listed. For example I can create WinZip and Zipx files after installing WinZip, but I cannot create a new Visio file because it is no longer
    in the list.

Mi(h&e1, Oct 10, 2018
  3. SOL
    Sol Win User
    New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this?

I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/add-or-remove-new-context-menu-in-windows-10.6975/

I have also noticed that some programs report that i have more items in the new context menu than i really have! Is this normal?
    Here are the pictures to prove that:
    Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing [​IMG]

Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing [​IMG]

Thanks for the time, .

4. Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing

Context menu of Recent item of pinned taskbar missing

So this happened to me quite recently, the context menu of recent items from pinned taskbar items is blank now. I did not install anything new recently too, I have tried disabling context menu that are not from Windows using CCleaner's tool and also shexview but still can't get it to work. I really want to pin items and remove recent items. Can someone advise me on what to do next?

RustyHippo, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing

1. Windows 10 version 1809 update - Slow Context New Submenu & Menu Items Missing - Similar Threads - version 1809 update

2. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  3. Explorer context menu new items are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer context menu new items are missing: Hi,I am using Windows 11 and this started happening today.When I right click, it shows the explorer right click context menu, which includes New. If I hover over that, it shows a bunch of different office apps to choose from. However, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is not in...
  4. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  5. Adding items to the New context menu.

Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  6. Word Context Menu Item Missing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word Context Menu Item Missing: Hello I am having a problem related to the above topic. My menu entry for the Word Document is missing from the context menu. The registry key is there, but the menu entry is not. I am using the Office 365 x64 version. [img] I already wrote here but did not arrive at a...
  7. Adding items to the New context menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding items to the New context menu.: I have been trying to get a .php file in the new context menu with no luck. Even without the template file, it still does not work. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have followed several procedures and none of them work. Windows 10 Pro RTM x64 V.2004 165692
  8. Adding an item to the new context menu.

Adding an item to the new context menu.: I am looking for a way to add a new item to the new context menu. The item in question is a .php file, with an associated template file. I've been tinkering around with the registry trying to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. All the old methods no longer...
  9. Rename item in New context menu

Rename item in New context menu: There are many well descripted sources about how to add/delete item from context menu new – for instance Edit, Add, Remove items from New Context Menu in Windows 10 – but none of them states how to rename such item in reliable way. I found article Change Name/Description...
  10. New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).

New option (Menu item) is missing in context menu (Desktop or Windows Explorer).: When I right mouse click in windows 10 the context menu is missing new file folder option ***Modified Title from: When I right mouse click in Windows 10 the context menu is missing new filefolder***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 context menu new slow

2. windows 10 1809 slow creating folders

3. windows 10 1809 right click menu slow

4. windows new menu item slow,
  5. windows 10 missing new context menu item,
  6. fix windows 10 1809 slow new context menu,
  7. windows 10 explorer new item slow,
  8. windows explorer right click very slow windows 10 ver 1809,
  9. windows 10 new submenu slow,
  10. windows 10 context new slow,
  11. create new folder slow windows 10 1809,