Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the May 2019 Update, also known as Windows 10 version 1903, on May 22, 2019 officially. The company limited the availability of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 7, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers

Microsoft released the May 2019 Update, also known as Windows 10 version 1903, on May 22, 2019 officially. The company limited the availability of the initial release significantly by making it available to "seekers" only and limiting it to certain hardware configurations.

Seekers refers to administrators who run manual update checks on devices they administrate. Administrators could run a manual update check on Windows 10 version 1809 devices, the previous version of Windows 10, and get nothing returned if the hardware configuration did not match Microsoft's initial selection or if other issues, e.g. incompatible drivers, were discovered.

Microsoft updated the release document on June 6, 2019 to indicate the broader availability of the new Windows 10 feature update.

The note at the top of the linked page states that the feature update is now available to all customers who run a manual check for updates.

Current status as of June 6, 2019:
    Windows 10, version 1903 is available for any user who manually selects “Check for updates” via Windows Update. The recommended servicing status is Semi-Annual Channel.

All in this regard does not necessarily mean "all" as several update blocks are in place that prevent certain systems with known issues from being upgraded at the time of writing.

Updates won't be offered to devices with "certain Intel drivers", the Dynabook Smartphone Link application, systems with the Store applications Dolby Access or Dolby Atmos installed, and devices with certain Realtek or Qualcomm Bluetooth radios among others.

Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers feature-update-to-windows-10-version-1903.png

Windows 10 administrators can run a manual check for updates in the following way:

1. Use the keyboard shortcut Windows-I to open the Settings application.
    2. Go to Update & Security.
    3. Click on the "check for updates" button.

Windows Update should return the new feature update provided that no upgrade blockers were discovered during the check.

The update should be displayed underneath the update check button. Microsoft changed the handling of feature updates recently by separating them from regular cumulative updates that it releases for Windows 10.

Previously, if an admin ran a manual check for updates, feature updates would be installed alongside any other update for the operating system. The change skips the automatic installation of feature updates; these are displayed on the Windows Update page when discovered and need to be started manually.

The separation eliminates one major point of criticism leveled at Microsoft when it comes to Windows Updates: feature updates won't be installed automatically anymore when users run manual update checks.

Feature updates will continue to be installed automatically if the installed version of Windows 10 is about to reach end of support.

A click on "download and install now" starts the download and installation process of the new update.

Tip: check out this support article if you get a "what needs your attention" prompt during the installation of the upgrade.

Now You: do you run Windows 10? Which version, and why? (via Windows Latest)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 7, 2019

2. Windows 10, version 1903 update failure

Hmm, this is Windows 10 1809 which is the most recent release which is now being succeeded by Windows 10 1903.

I would carry out the steps from my initial reply to reset your Windows Update components.

Also review the following:

12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 1903

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Your configuration might not be listed yet, since it is just rolling out.

Ultimately, I would wait until the ISO file is available then upgrade offline using these steps:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.

Andre for Directly, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers

Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers

1. Windows 10 version 1903 available for all manual seekers - Similar Threads - version 1903 available

2. Upgrading from Windows 10, version 1903 to version 2004 manually?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Windows 10, version 1903 to version 2004 manually?: I have about 20 workstations to upgrade from Windows 10, version 1903 to version 2004. Is there a way that I can do this upgrade manually? I'd like to be able to download the update to a DVD/USB and then do each computer one at a time, like we could do with the old Service...
  3. New Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909: The new Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10, version 1903 and 1909 Applies to: Windows 10 version 1903 all editions, Windows 10 version 1909 all editions, Microsoft Edge Summary Microsoft has released a new Chromium-based version of Microsoft Edge. This new version...
  4. Manual Update to Windows 10 - 1903?

Manual Update to Windows 10 - 1903?: I have some systems that are not automatically downloading/installing windows feature update 1903 through regular Windows Update. I wanted to know if there is a manual update, or another way to get our systems to feature update 1903 without going through Windows Updates?...
  5. Windows 10 1903 will not install-all prior versions no issues

Windows 10 1903 will not install-all prior versions no issues: I upgraded Windows 7 to Win10 1709, 1803, 1809, all with no issues. Nothing has changed on the computer. 1903 will not install. I keep receiving the 0xC1900101 - 0x30017 error. I know it's supposed to be a driver. I've removed all external devices, disabled onboard 1394,...
  6. Screen brightness not available-Windows 10 Version 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen brightness not available-Windows 10 Version 1903: Ever since I updated to Version 1903, I have been unable to adjust my screen brightness. There is no slider under the notification center (also my battery saver on/off is greyed out here). There is no option to adjust screen brightness under settings>power &...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 is now available for more devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 is now available for more devices: Microsoft is offering Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) to devices in stages to ensure best results and fewer complaints. Microsoft now lists Intel RST driver issue for Windows 10 version 1903 as mitigated, as the compatibility issue has been resolved with KB4512941....
  8. Window 10 Version 1903 - DELETED ALL MY FILES

Window 10 Version 1903 - DELETED ALL MY FILES: How can I reclaim, restore, or even find ALL of my documents, videos, music, pictures, EVERYTHING that vanished into thin air after I updated Windows 10 to Version 1903. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. is gone...include the previously installed Microsoft Solitaire Games Collection...
  9. window 10 version 1903

window 10 version 1903: what is Error 0xc1900222? is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-version-1903/8120c194-ff3b-4eba-99d4-571ef1c1ccdc
  10. Windows Server version 1903 now generally available

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Server version 1903 now generally available: Last month, we gave everyone a detailed sneak peek into new capabilities we are releasing with Windows Server, version 1903. Today, we are excited to announce that this release is now generally available. Windows Server, version 1903 brings innovation to areas that that...