Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released KB4501375 for Windows 10 version 1903 recently to fix a number of issues. One of the fixed issues affected calibration loaders and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 4, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue

Microsoft released KB4501375 for Windows 10 version 1903 recently to fix a number of issues. One of the fixed issues affected calibration loaders and applications like the popular F.Lux program that make use of the SetDeviceGammaRamp API.

The changelog confirms that Microsoft fixed the issue in KB4501375:

Addresses an issue that may cause Night light, Color Management profiles, or gamma correction to stop working after shutting down a device.

It appears, however, that Microsoft introduces a new bug that causes banding on gradients even when calibration is not active. Any program or game that loads an ICC profile may be affected by the issue.

The issue is that severe that Eizo published a support page on the company website in which it recommends to avoid PCs installed with Windows 10 version 1903 at the time.

The company notes that tones are not displayed correctly, and that the issue affects all monitors and all graphics boards.

We highly recommend not using a PC installed with Microsoft Windows 10 (1903) for the time being, especially for diagnostic imaging or graphics editing which requires tone accuracy.

Windows 10 version 1903 users may look at gradients, e.g. on this monitor test page, to find out if they are affected by the issue. The gradient should be smooth; a device is affected by the bug if stripes are noticeable when you look at the gradient.

A workaround

Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue disable-calibration-loader.png

A workaround has been published, e.g. on the DisplayCal forum, that suggests to disable the Calibration Loader task in the Windows Task Scheduler.

1. Open the Start menu, type Task Scheduler, and select the item from the list of search results to open the Task Scheduler.
    2. Navigate to Microsoft > Windows > WindowsColorSystem
    3. Double-click on the Calibration Loader task.
    4. Switch to the Triggers tab.
    5. Double-click on "At log on.
    6. Remove the checkmark from "Enabled".
    7. Repeat the process for "On connection to user session" to disable the trigger as well.
    8. Log out and back on again.

Note that it is required to make the change again if the associated profile is changed.

Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903 at the end of May 2019 to the public.

Now You: are you affected by the issue?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 4, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Banding issues on 6300

Hi,

are there any known issues with the display of the Nokia 6300, especially concerning colour gradients and "banding" effect?

On my 6300 which I received a few days ago (production date 08/2007, FW 4.71), gradients do not appear to be as smooth as expected and show a slight banding effect. This can best be seen when using the original "Noir" theme, both in active standby and on the
    default background..

Best wishes,

Karsten

ngc2997---01, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue - Similar Threads - version 1903 banding

2. Wndows 10 Gradient/Color Banding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wndows 10 Gradient/Color Banding: Hey guys, Recently I've purchased a new monitor, an LG 27GL650F, great build quality, great picture quality and contrast for the buck, love it, now ... the issue is that I see gradient banding absolutely everywhere in Windows 10, in games I dont really see it to be honest,...
  3. Notices "banding" around gradient curves in multiple applications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notices "banding" around gradient curves in multiple applications.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/xidlegend [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hk8lfj/notices_banding_around_gradient_curves_in/
  4. Bluetooth issues Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth issues Windows 10 version 1903: I can't connect to bluetooth. I've tried help from internet, but none worked. Processor Intel Core i5-4210U 1.70ghz 64-bit Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA084 Asus, 64-bit...
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 issue: Dear Sir, I would like to know why since my laptop went on its Windows update and now is v.1903, the Game GTA V is now too much lagging. Before the update everything was okay and smooth until the update happened the GTA V became like that. Also after the update, my laptop...
  6. Windows 10 version 1903 issues and fixes

Windows 10 version 1903 issues and fixes: new update version 1903 is a great update - however there are many that are having issues with the upgrade not working - many error codes showing with no resolution. My Suggestion here is for those that have more than 1 hard drive preferably a SSD drive in which you have 2...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues

Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues: So I updated to Version 1903 due to wanting to subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC. Upon completion, I noticed some issues right off the bat. For example.. -My boot-up time at least doubled -My performance was dragging & was slow when doing stuff such as launching...
  8. Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues: Earlier this month, users reported that Windows 10 May 2019 Update has an undocumented bug that messes up colours on some display monitors. According to reports, a bug in Windows 10 produced colours incorrectly with banding (vertical lines) in colour gradations. In the...
  9. Performance Issues on Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Issues on Windows 10 version 1903: Recently I have updated my pc onto Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that windows is using more Ram and CPU. Is this a problem that faced by you? what's the solution? PC config: CPU- Intel I5 7200U GPU- Nvidia 920mx Ram- 8GB HDD- 1Tb...
  10. update to windows 10 version 1903 issue

update to windows 10 version 1903 issue: please fiax this update problems.thank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-to-windows-10-version-1903-issue/0ebec7ec-d442-4cc3-90c7-9b03bf3ea977

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1903 banding

2. color banding on games windows 10

3. banding on gradients wunows 10

4. window 10 latest update version,
  5. win10 1903 banding issue,
  6. upgrade windows 10 version 1809 to 1903,
  7. windows 1903 color bnding bug