Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; From Windows Sandbox to light theme to UI improvements, Windows 10 May 2019 Update has plenty to offer. Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 monolithic update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 12, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD

From Windows Sandbox to light theme to UI improvements, Windows 10 May 2019 Update has plenty to offer. Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 monolithic update also includes performance improvements for AMD-powered computers.

Windows 10 version 1903 comes with updated Windows scheduler to work better with AMD’s hardware. In previous versions, Windows 10’s scheduler has been found to be affecting the performance of AMD Ryzen CPUs.

Microsoft and AMD have been working on fixing these problems. A Scheduler update for Windows is part of Windows 10 version 1903 and it includes improvements that will allow Windows 10 to utilise the characteristics of Ryzen in a better way.

Microsoft’s update will change the way the system allows the scheduler to interact with Ryzen CPUs. It is part of Microsoft and AMD’s efforts to make Windows 10 more aware of the Ryzen design and core topology.

Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD Windows-10-and-AMD.jpg

AMD has shared some slides which show a 6% boost in launch speed of PCMARK 10’s app and 15% improvement in Rocket League when played at 1080p.

These changes will cut latency and improve improvement by allowing the process threads to stick to single core complex. It will also allow Windows 10 to utilize the aggressive clock speed boost and improve the system’s performance.

Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD Windows-10-and-Ryzen.jpg

As Windows 10 is now more aware of the design of the AMD CPU, you’ll also notice faster clock speed ramping.

The Ryzen CPUs are finally more responsive when clock speeds are changed. Previously, the speed selection change required 30ms, but it can now happen in just 1-2ms, which is a significant boost.

The post Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD

Improve performance

Hi Linda

I´m an Independent Advisor

I listed some action you may do to improve performance.

The following suggestions can help your PC make the most out of Windows 10. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Show all

1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers

2. Restart your PC and open only the apps you need

3. Check memory and memory usage

4. Check for low disk space and make some room

5. Restore your PC from a system restore point

6. Disable unnecessary startup programs

7. Check for and remove viruses and malware

8. Check for corrupted Windows system files

9. Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows

10. Pause OneDrive syncing

11. Reset your PC

link

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/400201...

Let me know if this solve your issue

Saludos

Rolando Rosales, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD

1. Windows 10 version 1903 includes performance improvements for AMD - Similar Threads - version 1903 includes

2. trying to improve performance-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to improve performance-: my computer is running too slowly. when i searched help, i was told to chesk fo the latest updates when i clicked on that I got an error message sayin the server terminated because it enclountereed a "client request loop". Now I cant get past that step in the tips to...
  3. Device performance and health windows 10 version 1903

Device performance and health windows 10 version 1903: All of my clients which have windows 10 version 1809 have a green check on device performance and health has also a green check mark in Sccm server current branch 1906. Hence I can remote control in from my SCCM server to all clients which have windows 10 version 1809....
  4. Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1909 Improvement In Battery Life + Performance ?: Hi, One of the change-logs for Windows 10 1909 talks about improvements in general battery life and power efficiency for devices with certain processors & introducing a new processor rotation policy that distributes work more fairly among these favored cores. I cannot...
  5. Windows 10 version 1909 is arriving with performance improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1909 is arriving with performance improvements: It’s the last week of September, and Microsoft is expected to finalize Windows 10 version 1909 (19H2) update for the general public rollout. Microsoft barely talk about Windows 10 19H2 as the update includes only general improvements and bug fixes. According to the latest...
  6. Windows 10 update assistantcan't perform the update Version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update assistantcan't perform the update Version 1903: I have a desktop computer running Windows10 version 1803. I can't update to version 1809. And now the Windows 10 update assistant help me to download and install Version 1903. Unfortunately, after the installation complete, I can't open Windows. Please instruct me What I can...
  7. Performance Issues on Windows 10 version 1903

Performance Issues on Windows 10 version 1903: Recently I have updated my pc onto Windows 10 version 1903 os build 18362.175. I have noticed that windows is using more Ram and CPU. Is this a problem that faced by you? what's the solution? PC config: CPU- Intel I5 7200U GPU- Nvidia 920mx Ram- 8GB HDD- 1Tb...
  8. Improve performance

Improve performance: Very slow pc. How do I improve performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-performance/870b638c-8473-4024-b0c2-297850f670c4
  9. AMD improvements

AMD improvements: hi i recently updated the windows 10 os pc to 1809 but when ever i move my mouse the graphics seems slower and you can notice these lines in it even when i watch movies could you maybe try and improve the amd graphics in next update so its not so notice-able thx hope you look...
  10. Windows 10 version 1903: Windows Update improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: Windows Update improvements: The next feature update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1903, may include better options to pause Windows updates and improve the operating system's Active Hours functionality. One of the things that I hear over and over again from Windows administrators and users is that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adjust appearance performance in windows 10 version 1903

2. windows 1903 performace imrovement

3. Windows 10 version 1903 - Error 0x800706be

4. New Windows 1903 Ryzen scheduler