Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Work on the next version of Windows 10 continues while Microsoft is still preparing Windows 10 version 1809 for a re-release after the botched initial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming

Work on the next version of Windows 10 continues while Microsoft is still preparing Windows 10 version 1809 for a re-release after the botched initial release of the new feature update for Windows 10.

Windows 10 Insider PCs get new updates regularly and many of them introduce new features or changes as development is still in a phase in which new features and changes are added.

The most recent update, Windows 10 build 18272, introduces several new features and many or even all of them will land in the next feature update for Windows 10.

Tip: find out how to open command prompt windows quickly.

Window Console zoom support

One of the new features introduces zoom support in Command Prompt, PowerShell and Windows Subsystem for Linux windows.

Ctrl + Mouse Wheel Scroll to zoom in text is now supported in Command Prompt, PowerShell and WSL.

All you need to do is hold down the Ctrl-key on the keyboard and use the mousewheel or trackpad to zoom in or out. The shortcut is the same that you may use in modern desktop browsers to zoom in or out of page content but the effect is different.

Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming console-windows-zoom.png

When you zoom in browsers, zoom is applied only to the displayed page but not to the browser interface.

The new zoom feature that Microsoft added to consoles in Windows 10 applies the zoom effect to the entire window. The entire window is zoomed when you use the Ctrl-Scroll option to zoom so that it almost feels as if you resize the window while new text sizes are applied based on the new dimensions of the window.

The method has its limitations considering that you may not want the console window to become larger than the visible part of the screen.It is mostly useful for changing the text size quickly and temporarily. The effect lasts until you close the console window.

Options to change the size of console windows are already available in current versions of Windows. Just open the window properties with a right-click on the console window title and switch to the layout tab to change the size of the initial window and make the new size the default.

Microsoft could adjust the feature in coming builds to limit zoom or add other functionality that changes zooming.

Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming windows-console-font.png

Windows Console windows support options to change the font size, type and other parameters already. A right-click on the window title and the selection of properties from the context menu opens a configuration window.

The font tab lists options to change the font size and type. The customization option is useful to users who prefer a larger font size or different font type when they use the console on Windows.

Now You: is the new feature useful? what is your take?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 8, 2018
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Nov 8, 2018
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1903 may feature command prompt zooming - Similar Threads - version 1903 may

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: I tried to get this update and get these error messages. How can I get around this? 0xc1900101 0xc1900104 0x80240034 I would like to get this installed with little to no reformatting or reinstalling Windows 10 if possible...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903: Hi Trying to get Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 to run on my desktop. I get as far as Getting things ready – 94% and I cant get it to progress. I have uninstalled lots of programs and files space should not be the issue any advice greatly received Ray...
  4. Feature to update Window 10, version 1903

Feature to update Window 10, version 1903: I've been trying to update my Windows in the past three days. I guess all the updates are successfully updated despite all the pending download, pending install, pending restart. The only one seems having problem is "Feature to update Window 10, version 1903". I don't know...
  5. Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903

Feature Update to Windows 10 Version 1903: I thought I had updated Windows 10 to Version 1903 about a month ago. But I am still on Version 1803. How can I Update to Version 1903 and what is meant by (but your device isn't quite ready for it) How can I find out what is not up to date etc and correct the problem. The...
  6. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019: This has been placed on my Windows update as an optional "install when you are ready" item, separate from regular windows updates. I will wait until it is officially issued on regular updates, due to the entire replacement of version 1809 and impact of the update. It takes a...
  7. Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Feature Update Version 1903 - May 2019: This has been placed on my Windows update as an optional "install when you are ready" item, separate from regular windows updates. I will wait until it is officially issued on regular updates, due to the entire replacement of version 1809 and impact of the update. It takes a...
  8. Window 10, Version 1903 May Update

Window 10, Version 1903 May Update: I have tried several times which takes most of a day and night to run the Windows Update. I attempted to download the Version 1903 Update four times already, and it keeps stopping at 90% with error code 0x80240034. What can be done to fix this?...
  9. May update for 1903 version

May update for 1903 version: So i have downloaded the feature update for my windows 10 , version 1903 but after restarting it says windows is not activated and you need to activate windows. I have pre installed windows 10 on my laptop and till yesterday no issues were there but after downloading this...
  10. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 May update failed to install

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 May update failed to install: Hi. Windows 10, Version 1809 for x64 base system. Having trouble with May update, failed to install error code 0x80240034. Tried a couple of times. Maybe its not downloading x64 ?? Last update I received was, Cumulative update for Windows 10 ver. 1809 for x64 based systems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 version 1903

2. windows 10 1903 command prompt

3. windows 10 1903 command propmt

4. win ver.1903 new features,
  5. win 10 ver 1903 iso may