Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this month, users reported that Windows 10 May 2019 Update has an undocumented bug that messes up colours on some display monitors. According... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues

Earlier this month, users reported that Windows 10 May 2019 Update has an undocumented bug that messes up colours on some display monitors. According to reports, a bug in Windows 10 produced colours incorrectly with banding (vertical lines) in colour gradations.

In the release notes of an old update KB4501375 for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Microsoft noted that the colour management was fixed, but it looks like you should also install KB4505903 to address the colour banding issue, at least on 10-bit monitors.

The July 26 cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903 appears to have fixed the colour banding issues on high-end monitors. According to the official changelog, Windows 10 KB4505903 has fixed a bug causing the display colours to render incorrectly when viewing graphics on 10-bit display panels.

“Addresses an issue that may display colors incorrectly when viewing an image on 10-bit display panels,” Microsoft noted.

If your monitor is still rendering colours incorrectly, there is a user-discovered workaround which apparently addresses the problem. To deal with colour banding issue, you can head to Task Scheduler and follow these steps:

• Double-click on Task Scheduler Library.
    • Double-click on Microsoft.
    • Double-click on Windows.
    • Click on WindowsColorSystem, and select the Triggers tab in the Calibration Loader task.
    • On this screen, you have to select ‘At Log on’ and tap on Disable option.

You also have to modify the second entry ‘On connection to user session’ in the same way. Finally, after applying the changes, reboot the system and colour banding issue should fade away.

The post Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 29, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Version 1903 display issue

By default my monitor's gamma is far too low for my liking and its in built gamma options literally don't do anything so within windows I went through the "calibrate display colour" steps and increased the gamma, problem solved. However since I updated
    to 1903 a very weird bug has started with this. When I shut down my PC and start it back up, I find it in a state where display settings are back to default, I can't select "use NVIDIA settings" in NVIDIA control panel to change the gamma there and I also
    found that night light doesn't work, generally things to do with display stop working. I can fix all of this by either logging out and logging back in again or rebooting, however it returns whenever I do a shut down or put the PC to sleep. I've tried reinstalling
    my graphics driver and that didn't do anything. I have no idea what's causing this but I know it started when I updated, I'd rather fix it than roll back because I know I will eventually have to have this update installed anyway. If anyone can suggest anything
    I would be grateful.

JoshuaTucker, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1903 patch fixes display colour banding issues - Similar Threads - version 1903 patch

2. Windows 10 version 1903 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 issue: Dear Sir, I would like to know why since my laptop went on its Windows update and now is v.1903, the Game GTA V is now too much lagging. Before the update everything was okay and smooth until the update happened the GTA V became like that. Also after the update, my laptop...
  3. Windows 10 version 1903 issues and fixes

Windows 10 version 1903 issues and fixes: new update version 1903 is a great update - however there are many that are having issues with the upgrade not working - many error codes showing with no resolution. My Suggestion here is for those that have more than 1 hard drive preferably a SSD drive in which you have 2...
  4. Microsoft plans to fix these four issues in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to fix these four issues in Windows 10 version 1903: Development of Windows 10 is a continuous process and the operating system receives feature updates on an approximately six-month cadence. Microsoft recently shipped Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) with a long list of improvements and several known problems....
  5. Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues

Windows 10 Version 1903 Issues: So I updated to Version 1903 due to wanting to subscribe to the Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC. Upon completion, I noticed some issues right off the bat. For example.. -My boot-up time at least doubled -My performance was dragging & was slow when doing stuff such as launching...
  6. Windows 10 version 1903 installation media updated with July patch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 installation media updated with July patch: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) was released in May and it introduces a number of notable improvements. You can install it via Windows Update and Media Creation Tool or users can also download Windows 10 May 2019 Update ISO files directly. You can use Media...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 annoying bug causes colour distortion

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903 annoying bug causes colour distortion: A bug in Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) might be distorting graphics or representing colour improperly on some monitors. If the graphics or images are distorted or messed up in some way on your device, it might be because of the Windows 10 version 1903 update....
  8. Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1903: banding on gradients issue: Microsoft released KB4501375 for Windows 10 version 1903 recently to fix a number of issues. One of the fixed issues affected calibration loaders and applications like the popular F.Lux program that make use of the SetDeviceGammaRamp API. The changelog confirms that...
  9. Version 1903 display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Version 1903 display issue: By default my monitor's gamma is far too low for my liking and its in built gamma options literally don't do anything so within windows I went through the "calibrate display colour" steps and increased the gamma, problem solved. However since I updated to 1903 a very weird...
  10. Display issues - grey band at top of display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display issues - grey band at top of display: A client is having a strange intermittent issue pop up with multiple users. They occasionally have the top inch or two of their second display greyed out. It only happens with a web browser or Acrobat. I've seen it with both Chrome and Edge. While the display is in that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows color system calibration loader

2. facing login issue in window 10 in 1903 build