Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 12, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems

Microsoft released the final version of Windows 10 version 1903, the May 2019 Update, at the end of May 2019. The release replaces Windows 10 version 1809 and will be around for longer because Windows 10 19H2, the second feature update of 2019, will just be a cumulative update and not a full feature update.

The new feature update for Windows 10 has had its share of issues but was not nearly as buggy as the Windows 10 version 1809 update that Microsoft had to pull for about six weeks because of major issues.

Microsoft revealed in June that the new update was available to all administrators who ran manual update checks but failed to highlight that plenty of upgrade blocks were in place that prevented the upgrade to the new version of Windows 10.

Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems windows-10-version-1903-issues-resolved.png

Some longstanding upgrade blocks have been lifted as of July 11, 2019. The Release Information page for the feature update lists three issues marked as resolved. Systems that were affected by these issues previously are no longer blocked from finding the update via Windows Update.

The three issues that are resolved are:

1. Systems with external USB devices and memory cards are no longer blocked from installing Windows 10 version 1903.
    2. The Dolby Atmos and Dolby Access issue is resolved.
    3. The Dynabook Smartphone link app issue is resolved.

Microsoft confirms that the upgrade hold is no longer in place and notes that it may take up to 48 hours before affected devices may find the new feature update when admins run manual checks for updates in Windows Update.

This issue is now resolved and the safeguard hold has been removed. Please note, it can take up to 48 hours before you can update to Window 10, version 1903.

It may take until July 13, 2019 before the new update is listed on Windows Update. The update is listed as an optional upgrade if the device runs Windows 10 version 1809. If an older version of Windows 10 is installed, it may be installed right away without giving the admin any option. (via Deskmodder)

New issues

Some Windows 10 version 1903 devices may enter a restart notifications loop after installing the KB4507453 which was released as part of the July 2019 Patch Day.

The issue affects some devices only. The notification to restart the device after the installation of the update does not go away after the restart on affected devices. Windows notifies the user that a restart is required, but no matter the times the system is restarted, continues to display the notification.

Microsoft has not acknowledged the issue yet. A potential workaround involves using the restart option displayed by the restart prompt to resolve it. (via Günter Born)

Some Windows 10 users reported that the SFC /Scannow option was not working properly after the installation of the most recent updates for the operating system. The issue was traced back to the most recent Windows Defender definitions that interfered with the program execution. (via Windows Latest)

Last but not least, a new black screen issue reportedly affects Remote Desktop Protocol windows on Windows 10 version 1903. (via Windows Latest)

Now You: Which version of Windows do you run currently? Any issues?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 12, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 12, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 version 1903: some upgrade blocks lifted and new problems - Similar Threads - version 1903 upgrade

2. Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts upgrade blocks ahead of Windows 10 21H1 rollout: For the first time since last October, Windows 10 feature updates are no longer blocked for most users. Microsoft’s latest move could help those stuck on Windows 10 version 1909 and upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2, which were released in May 2020 and October 2020...
  3. Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading windows 10 to version 1903: I have been trying to upgrade my machine for the last two months on and off, and it is currently getting stuck at 60% and reports that it is unable to install some windows components. I have run setupdiag and it gives me the error: SetupDiag reports rollback failure found....
  4. Problem in upgrading the my windows 10 version 1903

Problem in upgrading the my windows 10 version 1903: I am having trouble in upgrading my windows 10 version 1903 whenever it starts installing it opens up a dialog box and says uninstall avast antivirus as it is not compatible with windows 10 , though I have not installed avast antivirus application in my laptop....
  5. Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 CPU block with version 1903: Hi guys, After the newest update in september I experiencing a really annoying issue... It seems the system is blocking my CPU usage. It's not the typical high CPU usage problem, but the opposite of it. Like my programs used 70-80% of my CPU in total. After the update...
  6. Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to lift another Windows 10 v1903 upgrade block: There’s a new optional update for PCs with Windows 10 May 2019 Update and it advances the systems to Build 18362.329. Windows 10 KB4512941 comes with a long list of quality improvements, including fixes for a bug that broke Windows Sandbox and Remote Desktop connection. It...
  7. Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft promises fix for Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block: Microsoft recently announced a new upgrade block for Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update) on PCs with outdated Intel RST drivers. The Redmond firm has been recommending users to install the newer versions of the drivers before deploying Windows 10 version 1903 on their...
  8. Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms 2 new Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade blocks: Microsoft removed three upgrade blocks from the list of issues affecting upgrades to the company's Windows 10 version 1903 operating system. We noted in yesterday|s article that users were facing new issues that Microsoft had not confirmed officially at the time even though...
  9. Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft lifts Windows 10 version 1903 upgrade block for more PCs: Microsoft maintains a list of known issues and upgrade blocks for Windows 10 version 1903. With the latest Patch Tuesday update, Microsoft appears to have lifted the upgrade block for Windows 10 May 2019 Update, or version 1903, allowing more users to install the latest...
  10. windows 10 version 1903 upgrade

windows 10 version 1903 upgrade: Error code: (0x80070570) when installing windows 10. I have tried to update 3 times. What is wrong? Email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-version-1903-upgrade/14f69610-895c-4c77-bd52-8bc8507e77d2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Will version 1903 update work in windows 20 S mode