Windows 10: Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up...

Discus and support Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So i have had this for the last couple of months. I waited till the newst update came out to ask this hoping that it might have been a windows issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mike551345, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up...

So i have had this for the last couple of months. I waited till the newst update came out to ask this hoping that it might have been a windows issue and that it would resolve its self with the update. But sadly it didnt. So for the past 2 months i have been dealing with windows deciding to wake up by its self when put into sleep mode. Some times its right after it do it or it can be a few minutes after the fact. So i decided to just use hibernate mode but then that too would wake the computer up by its self. Any advice would help i dont really want to reinstall windows as i have alot of programs i dont want to reinstall.

:)

mike551345, Apr 23, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Apr 23, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up...

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up...

1. Windows 10 version 1909 windows decded to wake up from sleep by its self and also wakes up... - Similar Threads - version 1909 decded

2. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  3. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  4. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own

Windows 10 wake up from sleep on its own: My laptop model is Asus x507UF and OS is windows 10. When i click to "Sleep" from start manu, it goes to sleep but after less than 2s it wake up on its own without any user interaction. What can i do now?...
  6. Wake up from sleep in windows 10

Wake up from sleep in windows 10: Is there any shortcut to wake up from sleep in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep-in-windows-10/eba48a78-f620-4286-8018-3a24c788142a
  7. Windows Waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Waking up from Sleep: I have done the CMD thing etc to see what was making my PC turn on and its this, Windows will execute 'NT TASK\Microsoft\Windows\UpdateOrchestrator\Universal Orchestrator Start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer,but now when i go into secluded tasks that one...
  8. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  9. Windows 10 - waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - waking up from sleep: Hi all, Just joined site as got nowhere else to turn to *Sad As of recently a week or 2 now, when I put my computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep no problem. I have enabled it to wake up either using my keyboard or mouse which is fine, but I know have noticed a...
  10. Windows 10 Waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Waking up from Sleep: When I wake up my PC from sleep, it stops at a picture like viewing from a cave to the ocean (shows date/time upper left and some icons lower right). It stops there until I click on the screen then goes to User name logon 'sign In'; where it stops again until I click on...