Windows 10: windows 10 waking up from sleep/hibernate. svchost and UpdateOrchestra

Discus and support windows 10 waking up from sleep/hibernate. svchost and UpdateOrchestra in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; seem like this task keeps waking up my computer in the middle of the night multiple times. [img] [img] How do i stop this? I found the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imeem, Sep 29, 2019.

1. imeem Win User

windows 10 waking up from sleep/hibernate. svchost and UpdateOrchestra

seem like this task keeps waking up my computer in the middle of the night multiple times.

windows 10 waking up from sleep/hibernate. svchost and UpdateOrchestra [​IMG]

How do i stop this?

I found the culprit it seems in Task Scheduler, but i don't have permission even tho i am the admin..

:)

imeem, Sep 29, 2019
  2. yakideo Win User

S4 (hibernation) USB/network wake up

Hi,

I have this annoying problem. When my computer enters the S4 powerstate (hibernation) I can wake it up by just clicking with the mouse. Even when EuP is enabled the mouse can still wake up the computer. After a night of sleep I find the computer powered on. So not only can the mouse wake up the system, it also seems that network traffic can too.

I thought that hibernation was like power off but with the option to save the RAM to disk. At least before I always need to push the power button to boot after hibernation.

Any suggestions?

Asus P7P55D-E
    Windows 7

yakideo, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Sep 29, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Stay in sleep and wake with spacebar

Hi, you can disable hibernation if you wish:
    Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10

This depends what devices are able to wake your PC. You can list these:

Powercfg /devicequery /.......
    Description:
    Returns a list of devices that meet the specified criteria.

Parameter List:
    <QUERYFLAG> Specifies one of the following criteria:

wake_from_S1_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a light sleep state.
    wake_from_S2_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from a deeper sleep state.
    wake_from_S3_supported ....Return all devices that support waking the system
    from the deepest sleep state.
    wake_from_any ......................Return all devices that support waking the system
    from any sleep state.

S1_supported List devices supporting light sleep.
    S2_supported List devices supporting deeper sleep.
    S3_supported List devices supporting deepest sleep.
    S4_supported List devices supporting hibernation.
    wake_programmable List devices that are user-configurable to wake
    the system from a sleep state.
    wake_armed List devices that are currently configured to
    wake the system from any sleep state.
    all_devices Return all devices present in the system.

Examples:
    POWERCFG /DEVICEQUERY wake_armed

dalchina, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. windows 10 waking up from sleep/hibernate. svchost and UpdateOrchestra - Similar Threads - waking sleep hibernate

2. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  3. PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC wakes up from sleep instead of hibernating: Hello Ms Community, I have an interesting problem I need your help with.As in the title, my PC is set up to turn screen off after 15 min, go to sleep after 30 min and finally hibernate after 120 min of inactivity. It does the first 2 things without a hitch, but has problems...
  4. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: Here is minidump attached. What can I do?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W9d-obpJtdEZ3kvZVFMis3D3Se2v-o9a/view?usp=share_link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluescreen-after-waking-up-from-hibernatesleep/6408f6c8-e2d8-477f-ac7c-583016dd156b
  5. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  6. Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep

Bluescreen after waking up from Hibernate/Sleep: I notice my laptop always face BSOD when waking up from either hibernate mode or sleep mode. The BSOD error is "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"Tried sfc /scannow but no issue found.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  7. wake from sleep but not hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    wake from sleep but not hibernation: I have a related problem. I would like to set some task scheduler tasks to wake ONLY from sleep and NOT hibernation when on battery power. Is that possible in win 10? Is it possible that certain BIOSes might allow that to be set? Why I want this: I like hibernation...
  8. WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WINDOWS 10 FREEZES AFTER WAKING UP FROM SLEEP OR HIBERNATE: I recently Updated my Windows from 1803 to 1909 because I got a notification saying "my current build version is nearing end of service". After I updated it, I noticed my PC took time to boot completely and I am someone who works frequently with my PC so I always have files...
  9. Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer keeps waking up from sleep/hibernation: Winver: 19041.572 I made it hibernate yesterday around 5AM and look at how many times it woke up and went back to sleep: I ran this command on powershell "Get-WinEvent -Providername Microsoft-Windows-Power-Troubleshooter -MaxEvents 5 | Format-List TimeCreated,Message"...
  10. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep or hibernation: I am running windows 10 19041.388 on an HP All in One PC and cannot get it to wake up from sleep. I have done the following: Allow mouse and keyboard to allow device to wake up computer. Updated drivers Turn off fast start up Re-enable Hibernation via Command Prompt USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchosts keeps waking up pc

2. svchost keeps waking up computer

3. windows 10 computer keeps waking up

4. how to wake from wake_from_s1,
  5. Windows 10 keeps waking up from sleep in the middle of the night,
  6. m10 phone from wish acting stranfely,
  7. svchost and sleep