Windows 10: Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen

Discus and support Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the Windows 10 update last Thursday my Dell has developed an issue with a white square that rapidly flashes up on my screen, repeatedly but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Just-Training Info, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen

Since the Windows 10 update last Thursday my Dell has developed an issue with a white square that rapidly flashes up on my screen, repeatedly but randomly. It can flash quickly in rapid succession, or just once. It can be seconds apart, or considerable minutes apart.

Often it seems to be a blank white square with a black top and left hand edge, other times it appears to be a smaller image of the page/document I am working on. I think perhaps i might have also seen a broken image link on it once.

Its so fast, you cannot screen print it, and its hard to say exactly what it is.

I have done all the usual things, I took off the update, but it still happened, the update has gone back on but my flashing friend is still here. I have done CMD scannow and clean up image. I have googled it, and it appears to have been an issued going back to 2017.

I have checked triggers and nothing seems to be in any triggers.

Its driving me nuts. When it flashes it stops the character you were typing and sometimes it even changes the window you were working on, and you find yourself typing in a different programme. I have tried opening Task Manager to see if anything obvious flashes up, but the list is so long, you dont have time to see the entire list before its flashed off again!

All I can say is it started immediately after the update on Thursday May 14th 2020.

I would be grateful for any suggestions to try.

:)

Just-Training Info, May 22, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, May 22, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, May 22, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen

Steve C, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen

1. Windows 10 - white box rapidly flashes on screen - Similar Threads - white box rapidly

2. White tile box on screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White tile box on screen?: Hi unfortunately I'm not in the same area as this pc. My sister's boy has been enthusiastic with downloads. He thinks he has downloaded something he shouldn't. He's only 8!Unfortunately my sister has no IT skills.It's possible he has hit some random combination of keys or...
  3. Occasional white boxes on screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Occasional white boxes on screen.: [ATTACH] It comes and goes quickly so I couldn't take screenshot. So I drew the boxes. It looks like this. I noticed a weird pattern, I don't know if I am right but the boxes only come in places which are not stationary on screen. Its there on things that can be moved....
  4. flash white screen on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flash white screen on windows 10: I have updated windows recently and something happened to my network its only working on static ip given by me so i decided to do so. after i started deleting my VMware and vbox network driver then i decided to reset my laptop after completed everything works fine and then...
  5. White Box on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White Box on screen: I have a user who has an intermittent problem. The user gets a white box screen from time to time. When the user encounter this problem, the user can not interact with the white portion of the box. I updated Windows and the graphics driver. I seen similar threads, but the...
  6. White Box on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Box on screen: The users has a dual screen setup. The scale and layout is at 150% on both screens. The user gets this screen see below intermittently on both. The user is unable to interact with that white portion when it appears. The following troubleshooting steps was performed:...
  7. White box in the middle of the screen

White box in the middle of the screen: Hey guys while I was working my screen suddenly went off and then there was white box in the middle of my other monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-box-in-the-middle-of-the-screen/eb2460ac-7a91-4c43-a97a-9ca4313e1831
  8. White box appearing on screen on Windows 10

White box appearing on screen on Windows 10: I operate a Microsoft Surface Windows 10 device. Recently, a small white box appears just off centre of the middle of the screen. Nothing happens when clicking on the box. It sits on top of all open applications. Any ideas on what maybe causing this problem, and how to...
  9. Box flashes on screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Box flashes on screen: I was wondering if anyone could assist. Every 2 or 3 hours on my pc, the outline of a black box flashes up on my screen for a fraction of a second. I have cyberghost installed and thought it may be that, but I closed it down, and the box flashed shortly after, so I think it...
  10. Flashing white screen on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Flashing white screen on boot: This has happened to me a few times now but luckily I run Rollback Rx and can roll back to the last good snapshot. I usually get the white flashing screen on boot when I try to install new security software, the latest culprits being Bitdefender and Avira free antivirus,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. White box flashes on screen Windows 10

2. microsoft rapidly blinking white box

3. windows 10 crash rapidly flashing boxes

4. blank white box keeps flashing on screen flicker