Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Pro upgraded from Windows 7 Pro using free Windows 10 upgrade Disk: SanDisk 120GB SSD SDSSDA-120G MOBO: H87H3-CM BIOS: American... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WindyMoto, May 10, 2020.

1. WindyMoto Win User

Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt

upgraded from Windows 7 Pro using free Windows 10 upgrade

Disk: SanDisk 120GB SSD SDSSDA-120G

MOBO: H87H3-CM

BIOS: American Megatrends Version 2.15.1236 0904 09/04/2013

Replaced the MOBO same model# and now Windows 10 won't boot:

Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt [​IMG]

BIOS sees the full SSD drive

SSD in a sled on a different laptop shows the drive/partitions are healthy with no errors

EFI partition is active and bootable.

CHKDSK /r showed no errors or repairs/bad sectors

SFC /SCANNOW “did not find any integrity violations”

Attempts so far:

BIOS settings:

OS Select > "Win 7/Other OS" vs."Windows 8"

Launch CSM > Boot Options Filter > "Legacy Only" vs "UEFI only"

Launch CSM > Launch Storage OpROM policy > "Legacy Only" vs "UEFI only"

SATA Mode > "IDE Mode" vs "AHCI Mode" vs "RAID Mode"

Rebuild MBR using partition utilities on a sled in a different laptop:

AOMEI Partition Assistant Wizard Standard Edition 8.8

DiskGenius 5.2.1

Booth tool say the rebuild was completed. No change.

EasyBCD:

"Reset BCD Configuration" then manually added Windows 10 back to boot menu

"Re-create/repair boot files"

Boot from Windows 10 install media:

Automatic Repair>Advanced Options>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Command Prompt

bootrec /fixmbr Command completes with no error

bootrec /fixboot can't get past "Access Denied" error

I was still able to do these commands:

bcdedit /export c:\bcdbackup

attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

Running either command:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

bootrec /scanos

come up with “0” windows installations

I was able to format the EFI partition with FAT32, then run:

bcdboot E:\windows /s C: /f all

This command at least got the BIOS to see the Windows 10 install and try to boot it.

And the next time I booted off the install media and selected "Startup Repair" the Windows 10 install was visible.

I rebooted and tried this, too:

bcdboot E:\windows /s C: /f UEFI

but no change.

Still stuck at the winload.exe error.

I also tried using runas at the prompt, to run these commands as admin but I get

“1060: The specified service does not exist as an installed service”

:)

WindyMoto, May 10, 2020
  2. FreeBooter, May 10, 2020
  3. johnrodger283, May 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt

Paul Black, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt

1. Windows 10 will not boot winload.exe missing or corrupt - Similar Threads - boot winload exe

2. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  3. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  4. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  5. Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 winload efi missing, F8 button not working: Hello,My HP is not starting up. I’ve received the ‘winload efi is missing or corrupt’. All the troubleshoot steps require me to go into startup settings but in order for me to do that, I have to press F8 however when I do press it my screen flashes and it doesn’t take me...
  6. Winload exe. Unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winload exe. Unable to boot: Hi. i am getting a blue screen containing this error when booting to os simalar to those in this thread...
  7. Corrupt exe file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt exe file: I have a .exe file on my computer that when I try to delete comes up saying "you need permission from the administrator" even though I am the administrator. Is this a virus? Please let me know how to fix this....
  8. Winload.efi is Missing or Corrupt Boot Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Winload.efi is Missing or Corrupt Boot Error: Hi, I have a HP Pavillion Laptop with an 256 GB SSD and 1 GB HDD. I have installed Windows 10 on the SSD. Because my laptop was freezing I switched it off directly using the power button. When I started again, I got a blue screen saying that Your PC needs to repaired...
  9. Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot winload efi error 0000e9: hi my acer swift ryzen laptop completly crashed the weekend with the winload efi error . ive gone into bios and disabled secure boot in uefi but no result . Ive managed to download windows 10 on usb drive and set it up in bios to boot from that drive however i still get the...
  10. Windows 10 Missing/Broken EXE Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Missing/Broken EXE Icon: Just the other day an icon for a game I just installed disappeared only a couple days after installing it. The Change Icon screen shows the actual icon, but both the EXE and shortcut show a blank/white icon. However, here's the strange part, making acopy of the EXE shows the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 reports that winload.exe is corrupted - how to replace it?

2. windows 10 winload missing

3. windows 10 winload.exe corrupt