Windows 10: Windows 10 Will Not Change User Language

Discus and support Windows 10 Will Not Change User Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Long story short, I installed a Korean IME/Language pack and wound up changing my system settings and they won't revert back. Using the Run ->... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TamTami, Jul 29, 2019.

1. TamTami Win User

Windows 10 Will Not Change User Language

Hi! Long story short, I installed a Korean IME/Language pack and wound up changing my system settings and they won't revert back.

Using the Run -> LPK Setup -> Uninstall I have been able to apply a "quick fix" that allows me to use my computer somewhat normally (so when I go into Settings, that's all in English - but all my folders still appear in Korean and the default keyboard remains set to Korean. So when I type, it frequently reverts to Korean even when I haven't told it to. The language pack refuses to fully uninstall.

I know the method is to go into Settings and change your region to what you want (Canada), change the system display language to what you want (English - Canada) and then "add a language", install all applicable items and set it as your default then copy the current user settings. Anytime I do this, the settings refuse to save and revert back the minute I sign out, restart my computer, or close the settings page.

Whenever I check the "copy your settings to" button, everything automatically resets to Korean.

Back on the "preferred languages" screen, I can't click the Remove button on the Korean language. It's completely greyed out. When I move English to the top, like the instructions say to do, it just pushes Korean back to the top language. There's also no option appearing for English to be set to the default.

I've also tried the PowerShell method and that just gives me errors (yes, i was running the admin). I'm not signed into my computer with a Microsoft Account, so the sync settings are automatically disabled so that's not it.

I'm running Windows 10 Home, version 1809. (Computer was purchased with an English default which is what I want. I added JP about 2-3 months ago without any problems, added Korean about a week ago and now I'm in hell.) Do I just need to wipe my PC and if so, is there a safe way of doing that without losing all the programs I've installed and all my personal files (documents, pictures etc)?

Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

TamTami, Jul 29, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Change User Language by command line

I do not fully understand your question?

If you mean having individual languages set on each user account, simply download and install additional language packs for each language you'll need, create the new user accounts for each language, and switch their display language to required language.

Tutorials:

4. Windows 10 Will Not Change User Language

unable to change the language of UI

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Will Not Change User Language

1. Windows 10 Will Not Change User Language - Similar Threads - Change User Language

2. Change language and region for another user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change language and region for another user: Hello!I have a question about display language and region in Windows 11.I have one user account right now on my PC i want to get Cortana but i need to change the region and display language of windows 11. If I create a new user account and i change the region to Italy or...
  3. Change language and region for another user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change language and region for another user: Hello!I have a question about display language and region in Windows 11.I have one user account right now on my PC i want to get Cortana but i need to change the region and display language of windows 11. If I create a new user account and i change the region to Italy or...
  4. Windows 10 Language Will Not Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Language Will Not Change: I have downloaded and installed the necessary language packs. However, my computer will not override the current language German for English. For example, everything appears to be in English yet upon shutdown the language is German, when I search the language is German. There...
  5. Windows 10 language change

Windows 10 language change: I want to change OS from Japanese to English. i have downlowded the language pack and i have option of Eng and Japanese. when i click english i have 2 buttons. ”options” and “remove”. i do not have a “set as default” button. other forum answers say “press the set as...
  6. Change Windows 10 language for a specific user

Change Windows 10 language for a specific user: Hello, i have a situation where i wanna change my system language to English on a public family computer, and my parent account needs to be set to Russian. Any way to change it for a specific user me?...
  7. Change language in Windows 10

Change language in Windows 10: Hi, I'm giving my Windows laptop away and I'm trying to get the display language in Czech. When I go to Time and Language, the Language option is not available. I managed to change the preferred languages but when I try to change the Windows display language the only option...
  8. Windows doesn't change the user language interface

Windows doesn't change the user language interface: I would like to fully change the language of my computer to English (US). I have already changed the region, time, keyboard etc.. everything to English (US) and for some reason Spanish (Spain) keeps being the system language. I've tried different solutions but none have...
  9. can i change the user interface language for windows 10?

can i change the user interface language for windows 10?: can i change the user interface language for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-user-interface-language-for/2208c487-609d-4eda-a5a5-06feb65b5125
  10. Change User Language by command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Change User Language by command line: Hi, I have a Win10 Enterprise version. I have set 3 Languages under the Setting -> Language. I can manually switch between the 3 languages under the Language setting page (by the set as primary language, then perform a sign out and sign in with the same user againg)....