Windows 10: Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update

Discus and support Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, I am having an issue with my HP laptop, windows just pushed the creators update and now every time I either lock the computer or put it to sleep,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lordbyronxxiv, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update

Ok, I am having an issue with my HP laptop, windows just pushed the creators update and now every time I either lock the computer or put it to sleep, when I try to log back in it just sits there with the spinning circle, it will then go back to the lock screen. I have to restart or shut down my computer to get back in. My laptop did this occasionally before the update but now it does it every time. This really renders the laptop fairly worthless since I can't lock it or put it to sleep. Any help is appreciated.

:)

lordbyronxxiv, Aug 11, 2017

2. How to Enable Num Lock on Boot Up in Windows 10

I can also confirm that it seems that the Creator's Update seems to have fixed this.

I updated to the Creator's Update and now when I type in the keypad, it does type numbers without hitting "num lock".

The num lock light is off, but it still works and then the light activates when logged in.

I have dealt with this issue since Windows 10 released and it was annoying.

ChainedBlue, Aug 11, 2017
  3. Fréd_839 Win User
    XPS Viewer has stopped working

I backup login info and password to XPS Viewer files and then install the Creator Update the XPS viewer closes when I copy the text before pasting it into another form.

I'm looking for a solution to fix this bug since installing the Creator Update by Windows update.

Thanks

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen & sign-in]

Fréd_839, Aug 11, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update

How do you feel about doing a clean install of Windows?

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Your next best option is to try an In place Repair. Follow this tutorial and use Step 4, mounting the ISO on your desktop and running setup.exe. You can keep all files and programs. By unchecking option to check for updates first, you can isolate issue to subsequent updates. Process should take just over an hour and gives you a clean slate of Creators Update. tutorial - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

mrgeek, Aug 11, 2017
  6. Problem is I don't know where my copy of windows 10 is, I don't have a disc I had it on a flash drive

lordbyronxxiv, Aug 11, 2017
  7. mrgeek Win User
    You don't need an outdated copy. Follow the tutorial (there's even a video showing you the process and all the screens to expect) which starts by downloading a fresh copy of the latest Windows 10 from MS, from here - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 using the Media Creation Tool. The process is like repairing a program by replacing corrupt files and adding missing ones. Just Read Steps 1-3 which includes disabling antivirus and being able to log in as admin.

mrgeek, Aug 11, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can also try creating another user account and see if the problem follows to the new account.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2017
  10. Tried that refresh, didn't fix it

lordbyronxxiv, Aug 12, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 12, 2017
  12. I went in and turned off fast startup before I tried refreshing the pic, unfortunately it did not work, which is why I tried the refresh

lordbyronxxiv, Aug 12, 2017
  13. mrgeek Win User

Refresh is not the same as a Repair install. Did you download a fresh ISO and try to run it, following Brink's tutorial ?

mrgeek, Aug 12, 2017
  14. I downloaded the media creation tool, made a USB stick and ran it from inside windows, told it to keep files and settings

lordbyronxxiv, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not log in from lock screen since creators update - Similar Threads - log lock screen

2. Black screen aftr logged on since windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen aftr logged on since windows update: Since the last windows update, installed yesterday, I find myself unable to use my pc becaause when i log on the screen is completely black and i cannot acces anything even the control panel....
  3. Lock screen photo oversized since latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen photo oversized since latest Windows 10 update: Windows 10 updated itself on my HP 255 G2 Notebook PC and now the lock screen image is bigger than the screen. It looks like Windows 10 zoomed in on Reshiram's stomach area in the picture rather than just displaying the entire image! I tried going into the lock screen...
  4. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  5. Many BSOD since Creator update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897
  6. USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Soundcard issue since Windows 10 Creators Update: Hello, I wonder if anyone could help me please. I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop and I'm having USB soundcard issues, since updating to the creators. I have tried a couple of different USB cards one being an Asus U3 and the other being a cheaper USB soundcard "Ugreen". I...
  7. Windows 10| Startup Times Slow Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10| Startup Times Slow Since Creators Update: As the title says, my startup times have been horrible ever since getting the creators update. It takes about two minutes to reach the lock screen, and after logging in, it takes another five minutes for the computer to actually let me open programs. Before the creators...
  8. Stuttering, beeping since upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuttering, beeping since upgrading to Windows 10 Creators update: Have been experiencing random stuttering whilst browsing, watching videos, vlc and occasionally playing games. A lot of people reported the issue when testing the build. Anyone else still experiencing the stutters? 100902
  9. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...
  10. Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator Updates Start Locked: I clean installed windows 10 creator updates yesterday. after installed some application and setting my windows unfortunately my Start is locked. Locked here means it can do Pin or Unpin programs or Drag icon. But, after a few second, start is freezing and then it back to...