Windows 10: Windows 10 Wishlist?

Discus and support Windows 10 Wishlist? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Make the Action Center area smaller. It makes no sense for those of us who only get a few notifications per day in that area to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FuturDreamz, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Eksy61 Win User

Windows 10 Wishlist?

Make the Action Center area smaller.

It makes no sense for those of us who only get a few notifications per day in that area to have a three-inch-wide immovable stripe running down the entire length of the screen. It could be a popup window instead that you could move around and resize.

Make it possible to "float" Live Tiles onto the screen the way that Windows Gadgets worked in Windows 7. Unlike Windows 8, Live Tiles have been reduced to an area that you can only see by selecting the Start Menu. Otherwise, the Live Tiles don't appear. What's the point of Live Tiles that update when you can't see them?

One elegant way to do this would be to allow Live Shortcuts. Put a shortcut to the Weather Live Tile on your screen and let the shortcut constantly update with the latest weather info. This would be similar to how Widgets work on Android.

Eksy61, Oct 31, 2016
  2. cereberus Win User

Independent and saveable desktops for virtual desktops.

cereberus, Oct 31, 2016
  3. bro67 Win User
    Cannot because it is required by the DOD, HIPAA and IT managers will never allow it, since you are required to lock your workstation when you leave it to go do anything.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Wishlist?

You do know that you can leave it to only show three boxes at the bottom and change the notifications to only report what you want.

Live Tiles are about as useful as a Screen door on a Submarine. It is just like when Microsoft though that everyone needed Gadgets on your desktop that you will never see. Just like having wallpaper that you will never see, because your open window covers it.

Drop all of these gimmicks and all Operating Systems would fly.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    They would if they resurrected the Surface RT OS. Look at how much Intel's "Computer on a Stick" costs. Having the ability to plug in a Pi and use it to cast from a laptop to the screen brings back the capability that has never been there, except for the experiment that Microsoft and Intel tried for less than a year.

bro67, Oct 31, 2016
  6. Just because you personally don't use live tiles, doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't. *Tongue I like them and use them. Only problem is the Start Screen won't stay open if you switch focus to anything else. Kind of defeats the whole purpose, especially if you run multiple monitors like I and many other do. I end up leaving the weather App open full screen. I would love to leave the start Screen open on one monitor and do other stuff on my other two.

alphanumeric, Oct 31, 2016
  7. The Pi 3's 64 bit, 4 core, ARM Cortex CPU is very similar to what is in todays smart phones. I think the Pi 3B could easily run the Phone (Mobile) version of Windows 10. Somebody just needs to port it for the Pi. Unfortunately, that somebody is Microsoft and they are pushing IoT. A few members on the Raspberry Pi forum claim to have done it, but I haven't seen any real proof. I don't have access to 10 Mobile with my MSDN subscription, and wouldn't know where to start anyway. As the thread title says, its just something on my "wish list"

alphanumeric, Oct 31, 2016
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Windows 10 Wishlist?

Hi there

For me

LONG FILE NAME SUPPORT (Caps intended). Often have problems with Windows - the restriction of 260 Chars for directory + file name is 100% archaic these days - especially if you have fairly descriptive names for music files and are serving them from any sort of Linux / non Windows type of server.

I've posted this type of stuff before but : here we are (Music files in this case)

Linux :

Windows 10 Wishlist? [​IMG]

Windows :

Windows 10 Wishlist? [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 31, 2016
  9. Mystere Win User
    Mystere, Nov 1, 2016
  10. Eksy61 Win User
    I have a large monitor, and all my Windows 7 Gadgets were on the right edge of the screen. I got into the habit of not covering them. The live Weather, CPU, and Network gadgets were quite useful. And unlike Live Tiles, which in Windows 10 you must get to by clicking Start, the Windows 7 gadgets stayed on the screen as long as you wanted them to.

Eksy61, Nov 1, 2016
  11. Eksy61 Win User
    Eliminate the cryptic hex codes in error messages once and for all.

Ever had an update fail on you with an error message with a code like 0x80243004? Then you have to ask Microsoft or TenForums what the damned code means?

Microsoft already knows what the error codes mean. So why don't they just tell you the error code, plus what it means? Why force you to look up hexadecimal error codes? With all the money that Microsoft pours into making their OSes more user-friendly, didn't anyone suggest not leaving their users wondering about hex codes?

Eksy61, Nov 1, 2016
  12. This is the MAIN one for me!

indianacarnie, Nov 1, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Wishlist?

Have you started to notice that they are using the term "Internet of Things" to generalize the whole structure. That is just going to really make things a mess when we have to break it down, like trying to explain Cloud Computing.

There was a post earlier that I need you to pop in on. Same subject as this post. Windows 10 IoT Unviersal App executable? - Windows 10 Forums

bro67, Nov 2, 2016
  14. bro67 Win User
    That was always the argument when 8 came out. When I had dual screens at work, having a Calculator open or minimized is great. But when you start having different tiles that could be coded either poorly or very well, or they are programs converted to Tiles, we never know what could happen.

My only gripe that I had with the State of Illinois was that the so called LAN coordinators did not know what a Forest for the Trees was, nor could they fix the issue when we would have a huge memory leak from a internal Website that we would use for plugging in received faxes. By the time you left for lunch, Internet Explorer would already be eating up 1.5GB of the 8GB installed. At first it was 4GB, then they realized that the crappy programming by those who just threw something together was not worth fixing, so solution was to just add more RAM and then if the system locked up in the middle of something before you could save, just shut down and reboot.

bro67, Nov 2, 2016
  15. bro67 Win User
    The only thing that I would have open if I needed it on my second screen at work, while having windows opened on my main that was Acrobat and Internet Explorer for data entry at one job.

Other screen was usually a Spreadsheet for items requested to pull or a email for a request, with the Calculator or task taking sheet as a small window on the other.

I just cannot get into hiding stuff behind the windows when you can minimize and then click to pull up, since most work stations are the most basic of the basic and I have had too much loss of work when the system died in the middle of having over 50 pages scanned in, but the file never saved, because it was set by the programmer to make it to be that way. State Government at its finest.

The other was for imaging, so the main monitor was the image capture for the Microfiche/Microfilm machine and Adobe or Nuance to stitch multiple PDF's together before emailing, until we went to just capture and save to a Data Management System that our research unit for court documents and medicaid financials switched after we got flooded out of our work location at the main Child Support building I worked in the Basement. So out of it we pushed through over 1 Million pages in less than six months. All of that was documents that were not in the greatest of shape when they tried to dry them. But we had to get them electronic because we were being used as the test unit to have all states start doing the same.

bro67, Nov 2, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Wishlist?

1. Windows 10 Wishlist? - Similar Threads - Wishlist

2. Wishlist of Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wishlist of Microsoft Store: I hope Microstore could be equipped with wishlist function, so that users can add wished applications into it to wait discount or compare between similar items. Many app stores or game stores realize the function, such as Google play, Steam, GOG, Epic, and so on. Please...
  3. Wishlist of Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wishlist of Microsoft Store: I hope Microstore could be equipped with wishlist function, so that users can add wished applications into it to wait discount or compare between similar items. Many app stores or game stores realize the function, such as Google play, Steam, GOG, Epic, and so on. Please...
  4. Wishlist of Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Microsoft Store] where is the wishlist button?! wait, where's the three dots button?!

[Microsoft Store] where is the wishlist button?! wait, where's the three dots button?!: i know this has been asked countless times, but no solution at all.there's no wishlist in the Microsoft Store the App one, not the website.there's no wishlist button anywhere, some says it's under the three dots button, but there's no such button whatsoever anywhere. just...
  6. [Microsoft Store] where is the wishlist button?! wait, where's the three dots button?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Microsoft Store] where is the wishlist button?! wait, where's the three dots button?!: i know this has been asked countless times, but no solution at all.there's no wishlist in the Microsoft Store the App one, not the website.there's no wishlist button anywhere, some says it's under the three dots button, but there's no such button whatsoever anywhere. just...
  7. [Microsoft Store] where is the wishlist button?! wait, where's the three dots button?!

8. New store wishlist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New store wishlist: How to I access my Microsoft store wishlist with the new revamp? I used to be able to just click the three dots in the top right corner, but that is no longer the case.Thank you...
  9. New store wishlist

New store wishlist: How to I access my Microsoft store wishlist with the new revamp? I used to be able to just click the three dots in the top right corner, but that is no longer the case.Thank you...
  10. New store wishlist