Windows 10: Windows 10 won't Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 won't Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start up my computer it gets passed the windows sign with white dots spinning below it but then when it goes to the next screen with a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matthew370, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Windows 10 won't Startup

When I start up my computer it gets passed the windows sign with white dots spinning below it but then when it goes to the next screen with a blue background and white dots spinning in the middle it does that continuously even by leaving it there for 4 hours. I've booted into safe mode and started an elevated command prompt and used the sfc /scannow and it stops at 76% and says windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. and then it says where to find the CBS file. Then lastly "Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios." I think I attached my CBS log correctly (this is my first post).

I could not upload the whole entire file so I split it into 2 but I'm pretty sure all the errors are in the second one

:)

Matthew370, Mar 18, 2016

2. Disable USB device for startup

I have an external hard drive for backup and when I start the computer with the drive plugged in a USB port, the computer won't start up properly; it locks up and won't complete startup. How do I disable the device for startup or have it be ignored during
    startup so it won't cause that startup issue but will be available for ongoing backups when the computer is on? I'm running Windows 10.

Robert_925, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 18, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 won't Startup

Hi Matthew370 and welcome to Tenforums.
    See option #5 here, for information on how to grab the "results only" from the CBS log.
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Also, might want to try DISM instead; you don't say what version 10 you're running. If you're on the Insider Preview, "it" [EDIT: SFC /SCANNOW] won't run on the latest Insider version.
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps!

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Mathew370,
    Go back to the elevated command prompt > copy and paste this...............
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    >Enter
    It will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    If it reports operation successful, try running sfc /scannow again.

If it reports " Source files could not be found ", please use the following method...........................

Use the Tech Bench link below and download the Win 10 iso :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Make sure you select Windows 10 ( first one on the list)
    Make sure you select the same language your computer is now using.
    Make sure you select the same bit version your computer is now using.

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    That is not an universal fact.
    My Insider Preview 14291 has run the same dism command successfully.
    It is the sfc /scannow that it fails to execute.

Windows 10 won't Startup [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    I was referring to sfc /scannow not working in the latest Insider Preview.

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 won't Startup

OK. I replied to you based on what you said in Post #2.
    .............Also, might want to try DISM instead; you don't say what version 10 you're running. If you're on the Insider Preview, it won't run on the latest Insider version.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Yes, I can see how that was unclear. The OP was referring to SFC command, and that's what I was referring to; I edited my #2 post to reflect it more clearly. *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't Startup

1. Windows 10 won't Startup - Similar Threads - won't Startup

2. PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN won't work after I enabled Diagnostic Startup in MSCONFIG in normal and safe mode both: I have enabled the Diagnostic Startup in the MSCONFIG and I can't now login in the Windows 10 login screen where I can't type the PIN as well in the safe mode. How do I fix this lock without a clean install?...
  3. Cloned SSD won't boot, auto-tries Win 10 Startup repair, which fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned SSD won't boot, auto-tries Win 10 Startup repair, which fails: So I shoulda read the macrium guide first. I figure I better stop experimenting and just ask someone. Can you guys give me some suggestions about what to try next? I was tasked with cloning Old Drive (500GB IDE HDD, Win 10) to New SSD (1TB SSD). Before cloning/imaging, I...
  4. Why won't startup look at us or dvd drive first?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won't startup look at us or dvd drive first?: I've got repair disks and a windows usb but can't get either to work. I kept changing boot order but the pc resets it and goes into an endless update-fail-restore cycle. I'd like to get some files off this thing before trashing it. I remember when startup always looked at...
  5. Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...: I have a Acer Aspire Z3- 710 all in one desktop computer, when it loads up I get this message in the right corner @ the bottom. Here is what the Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. NEC System Firmware. I keep...
  6. Startup apps won't start sometimes.

Startup apps won't start sometimes.: I need the startup apps to run even before log in, so WOL can be used remotely and I can access my system anywhere. Sometimes it will run them while some other times it won't. How can I fix it? Fast startup is disabled on windows but Fast boot is enabled on the BIOS. Is there...
  7. Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup

Windows 10 - keyboard won't allow me to enter pin on startup: Whenever I start my laptop, I am not able to enter the pin using keyboard. Then I need to lock my laptop using the power button and reopen it to make the keyboard work. Anyone knows how to fix this? submitted by /u/frizsv [link] [comments]...
  8. chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk on boot drive won't run at startup: I am trying to image my boot hard drive in order to migrate the data to an ssd. The backup software (Macrium Reflect) first checks the file system, but reports an "MFT corrupt error", and indicates to run chkdsk c: /r to fix the issue. I opened power shell and attempted to...
  9. Windows won't boot and white lines appear over the startup screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't boot and white lines appear over the startup screen.: [IMG] Hi Yesterday after being away from my pc for a few minutes, i noticed it had rebooted itself. I didn't gave it a second thought and continued my work. Then all of a sudden, it shut down and got stuck in a boot loop. With white lines over the startup screen. I...
  10. Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Startup and Shutdown Sounds Won't Play Properly: Hey all, I'm not really sure where on these forums to ask this question, but I need a bit of help. Is anyone here familiar with Winaero Tweaker? I recently discovered this utility and found that there is an option to set a custom startup sound for Windows 10 (version 1909)....