Windows 10: Windows 10 won't Startup

Discus and support Windows 10 won't Startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start up my computer it gets passed the windows sign with white dots spinning below it but then when it goes to the next screen with a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matthew370, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Windows 10 won't Startup

When I start up my computer it gets passed the windows sign with white dots spinning below it but then when it goes to the next screen with a blue background and white dots spinning in the middle it does that continuously even by leaving it there for 4 hours. I've booted into safe mode and started an elevated command prompt and used the sfc /scannow and it stops at 76% and says windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. and then it says where to find the CBS file. Then lastly "Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios." I think I attached my CBS log correctly (this is my first post).

I could not upload the whole entire file so I split it into 2 but I'm pretty sure all the errors are in the second one

:)

Matthew370, Mar 18, 2016

2. Disable USB device for startup

I have an external hard drive for backup and when I start the computer with the drive plugged in a USB port, the computer won't start up properly; it locks up and won't complete startup. How do I disable the device for startup or have it be ignored during
    startup so it won't cause that startup issue but will be available for ongoing backups when the computer is on? I'm running Windows 10.

Robert_925, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 18, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 won't Startup

Hi Matthew370 and welcome to Tenforums.
    See option #5 here, for information on how to grab the "results only" from the CBS log.
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Also, might want to try DISM instead; you don't say what version 10 you're running. If you're on the Insider Preview, "it" [EDIT: SFC /SCANNOW] won't run on the latest Insider version.
    DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Hope that helps!

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Mathew370,
    Go back to the elevated command prompt > copy and paste this...............
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    >Enter
    It will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.
    If it reports operation successful, try running sfc /scannow again.

If it reports " Source files could not be found ", please use the following method...........................

Use the Tech Bench link below and download the Win 10 iso :
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/techbench

Make sure you select Windows 10 ( first one on the list)
    Make sure you select the same language your computer is now using.
    Make sure you select the same bit version your computer is now using.

Once you have the iso downloaded, right click at the ISO > click Mount > leave it there.
    Then open the elevated command prompt and copy and paste this................

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:H:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

Note : H is the drive where the iso is mounted. Change it if your driver letter is different.

When it is completed, you should get the report that the operation is successful.
    Now run the sfc /scannow again. It should be ok this time.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    That is not an universal fact.
    My Insider Preview 14291 has run the same dism command successfully.
    It is the sfc /scannow that it fails to execute.

Windows 10 won't Startup [​IMG]

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    I was referring to sfc /scannow not working in the latest Insider Preview.

simrick, Mar 19, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 won't Startup

OK. I replied to you based on what you said in Post #2.
    .............Also, might want to try DISM instead; you don't say what version 10 you're running. If you're on the Insider Preview, it won't run on the latest Insider version.

davidhk, Mar 19, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    Yes, I can see how that was unclear. The OP was referring to SFC command, and that's what I was referring to; I edited my #2 post to reflect it more clearly. *Smile

simrick, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 won't Startup

1. Windows 10 won't Startup - Similar Threads - won't Startup

2. My laptop won't startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won't startup: I have a hp elitebook 840 g3 today I pressed the startup button and the fans turn nonstop with black screen and on the keyboard cap lock and f12 lights go on and off continuously...
  3. My laptop won't startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop won't startup: I have a hp elitebook 840 g3 today I pressed the startup button and the fans turn nonstop with black screen and on the keyboard cap lock and f12 lights go on and off continuously...
  4. My laptop won't startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hard drive won't boot at first startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive won't boot at first startup: Problem started about two days ago, my laptop has been turned off for four days, I turned it on only to find the internal hard drive disk D: missing, I tried finding it in disk management, device manager, and later even in BIOS and it doesn't show up on all three. I've tried...
  6. My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup

My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup: My pc for some reason never shows the manufacturer's logo when starting up, and the monitor starts working only when i am in windows and have to type my password, the same thing happens when i go into the advanced start up i just get a blank screen until i shut down the pc...
  7. My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Monitor won't display the WinRE/Advanced Startup: My pc for some reason never shows the manufacturer's logo when starting up, and the monitor starts working only when i am in windows and have to type my password, the same thing happens when i go into the advanced start up i just get a blank screen until i shut down the pc...
  8. Windows Security Won't Open - "SecurityHealthSystray.exe - Bad Image" On Startups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Won't Open - "SecurityHealthSystray.exe - Bad Image" On Startups: Been having this "SecurityHealthSystray.exe - Bad Image" pop up on Every Startup after a windows update back in like August 2023. My windows security will no longer open as well. I have updated my windows since then and tried various remedies I have seen regarding the topic...
  9. Windows Security Won't Open - "SecurityHealthSystray.exe - Bad Image" On Startups

Windows Security Won't Open - "SecurityHealthSystray.exe - Bad Image" On Startups: Been having this "SecurityHealthSystray.exe - Bad Image" pop up on Every Startup after a windows update back in like August 2023. My windows security will no longer open as well. I have updated my windows since then and tried various remedies I have seen regarding the topic...
  10. Laptop freezes on startup. Won't boot. Tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes on startup. Won't boot. Tried everything I can: Hello.Yesterday morning, I turned on my laptop I have a Dell Inspiron 17 and it would start to boot but freeze on the Dell loading screen and would not do anything. The day prior, my laptop lid had been closed, but did not go to sleep and kept running all day. That night I...