Windows 10: Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers

Discus and support Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 is available as a free upgrade to every qualified device running retail or OEM versions of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. (Enterprise editions do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers

Read more: Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers | ZDNet

Brink, Nov 12, 2015

2. Right. Explain why the new build 1115/10586 requires a 7m29s boot to get to the desktop? Where's the improvement? This is a disgrace!

:)

Davidparis, Nov 12, 2015
  3. LCRT Win User
    window 10 mobile

you've already asked this question and got the answer yesterday.

4. Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers

I've got Cortana!

Hey, RickJohnsonSr! Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers :)

Please make sure that you have turned on 'Location' through Action Center. Firstly, click on Action Center icon at the right bottom corner of your screen and click 'Location' button so that it turns into a darker colour than your accent colour. Then, go
    to Cortana and follow the instructions.

Sagun Raj Lage, Nov 12, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello David, *Smile

It doesn't.

This is an issue on your end instead.

If you like, see if troubleshooting with a clean boot using the same method in the tutorial below may reveal a culprit. If not, then please go ahead and create a new thread for your issue to see what we can do to help.

Troubleshoot Problem with Clean Boot in Windows 8

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  6. Scramjet Win User
    Hi Brink,
    I followed the link you added here on this forum and went to the tool and selected Windows 10 Pro and created a USB bootable stick and executed the "setup.exe" file and proceeded to install 10586. When it was all finished I was back to 10240. I just wasted 1 1/2 hrs because MS website gave me the old version 10240 instead of 10586 *Sad
    Anyone else have this happen to them also?
    Not so happy now *Sad

Scramjet, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do you mean from the tutorial below? It gives me the new version 1511 build 10586 ISO for me at Microsoft.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...-download.html

Brink, Nov 12, 2015
  8. Scramjet Win User

Yes I selected option 2 and got the ISO and then created the USB Bootable drive. I am downloading from Tech Bench site now to see how that goes.
    I will post back here in about 2 hrs if all goes well

cheers

Scramjet, Nov 12, 2015
  9. Kyhi Win User
    The link to the Tool Page - has not changed..
    The tool download on that page was changed yesterday...
    If you where asked to select PRO - then you where using the OLD Tool .exe downloaded prior..

10. Has anyone noticed that the "Cortana app" is no longer referred to as Cortana, but rather just "Search"? Why is that?

In the Start Menu:

Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers [​IMG]

And in Task Manager:

BrownianMotion, Nov 12, 2015
  11. zdzdz Win User
    I have Windows 10 Enterprise 10240. But as I read I won't get an update.
    In that case, can I upgrade to TH2 (10586) if I make an Usb bootable drive and upgrade Windows from there?
    I don't want a clean install. Just an upgrade.

zdzdz, Nov 12, 2015
  12. The new build is 1511... You have the wrong OS.

lopedoggie, Nov 12, 2015
  13. Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers

Maybe a bug!?

Have a look:

Cluster Head, Nov 12, 2015
  14. In general, it doesn't. My laptop boots slighter quicker, up and running in seconds. Sounds like a problem your end, drivers perhaps ?

frankenhooker, Nov 12, 2015
  15. dustymars Win User
    Why did MS remove my Norton's Security? This borders on the absurd! I am just about to remove Windows 10 and go back to a more respectful Win 7.

dustymars, Nov 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers - Similar Threads - You've got questions

2. I got a question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got a question: What if i want to change the bsod color can i change it without destroying device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-question/48d81a56-f1ad-4349-a8d2-74c747dab314
  3. I got a question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got a question: What if i want to change the bsod color can i change it without destroying device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-a-question/48d81a56-f1ad-4349-a8d2-74c747dab314
  4. I got a question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I've got a problem with windows 10 activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I've got a problem with windows 10 activation: I bought the key on the www.gamivo.comand it didn't workI don't know if I should refound key or wait for somone to help meTHE BROBLEM NAME:0xC004C008And the key is brand newbtw im bad in english sorry......
  6. I got a question, I got an virus but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got a question, I got an virus but...: I got a virus because I accidentally forgot to turn on virus defender. Now I was able to remove the virus, but cmd still opens at the beginning when I am entering my screen after looking in. But nothing is happing, but every program starts with administration rights no matter...
  7. 85gb Update, you've got to be kidding

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    85gb Update, you've got to be kidding: So, went to run my updates but was wondering why the below wouldn't download: January 14, 2020—KB4528760 OS Builds 18362.592 and 18363.592 After checking updates through my security app it tell me this update is 84.3GB in size? Not every user of the internet has...
  8. I've got a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've got a virus: Please help, my roommate downloaded some weird shit and now I can't open the task manager submitted by /u/JuanInDaHouse02 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eet9jv/ive_got_a_virus/
  9. Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers: On January 21, in a two-hour-plus event at its Redmond headquarters, Microsoft unveiled features that will be appearing in Windows 10 "over the next three, four, five months." Two days later, the company released a new Windows 10 Technical Preview version, build 9926, for...
  10. I've got it Windows 10 Full Version

in Windows 10 Support
    I've got it Windows 10 Full Version: Woah, woah, I can't believe it, been having problems all morning with two of my Insider pcs, but I finally have the full version of Windows 10. I thought I was downloading 10240 over 10162, but it's the full version, I'm stoked. Whoops might be a false alarm, it still says...