Windows 10: Windows 1903 update had done it again

Discus and support Windows 1903 update had done it again in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer will not reinstall google chrome, which the 1903 update maliciously removed, because the system administrator has set a group policy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tim Shewmake, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Windows 1903 update had done it again

My computer will not reinstall google chrome, which the 1903 update maliciously removed, because the system administrator has set a group policy preventing it.

Well I AM the system administrator, or at least I sure as hell better be, of my little three computer home network, and I wouldn't know how to set a group policy if my life depended on it.

So, I need to know

A: how to reestablish myself as system admin

istrator

B: how to get rid of the group policy so I can install what I want on MY computer

C: how to get the changes I make to the settings to stick ( I am getting really tired of having to redo things like taskbar settings & defaults and

D: how to prevent somthing like this from happening again.

Timothy Shewmake

A:

:)

Tim Shewmake, Aug 31, 2019
  2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows 1903 update had done it again

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 1903 update had done it again :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1903 update had done it again

1. Windows 1903 update had done it again - Similar Threads - 1903 update done

2. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had issues with recent update what can be done?: To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts,...
  3. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had issues with recent update what can be done?: To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts,...
  4. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN: I just did an update this past weekend.Now as a result of the update, for every Excel file I have open and every Word doc I have open and every webpage I have open, I have a symbol for each on my Taskbar.Previously, there was one X in a blue box for Excel, one W in a blue box...
  6. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN: I just did an update this past weekend.Now as a result of the update, for every Excel file I have open and every Word doc I have open and every webpage I have open, I have a symbol for each on my Taskbar.Previously, there was one X in a blue box for Excel, one W in a blue box...
  7. LAST UPDATE HAS DONE ME IN, AGAIN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. I'm done with windows. Had enough

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm done with windows. Had enough: This is getting worse, i just logged into my msn account and all my saved passwords have gone!there are too many problems with windows 10 and i hear windows11 is even worse, all my important passwords are gone im really p****d off.so for this reason - im out.Got an Apple imac...
  9. Had a bsod again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Had a bsod again: alright, this has been an issue for very long and this is my 3rd time on this website now.dump file:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllpiUC39qPTpUY5Cxx2igWlBUx8?e=5vuDiAevent viewer logs:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllpiUC39qPTpUe7ZZWDsL_XUzHd?e=dIG6Xnthanks in advance!OLDER event viewer logs...
  10. I had an issue with windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had an issue with windows 10 1903 update: When I updated to Windows 10 1903 I was unable to open some programs. Worked with MS engineer could not fix issue, told to go back to a past date which we did. After doing that my PC would not reload and open. Worked with MS for 3 hours could not fix issue. I somehow a way to...