Windows 10: Windows 1903 update problems

Discus and support Windows 1903 update problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just installed the 1903 update and noticed that it has made some very noticeable unwanted changes. The Start screen reverted to a menu; I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark_Weatherill, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Windows 1903 update problems

I just installed the 1903 update and noticed that it has made some very noticeable unwanted changes.

The Start screen reverted to a menu; I had to set it back to my preference of full screen. But most of the items on there have been removed. THANKS,

And now the background of the full-screen Start Screen has changed to BLACK and I see no way to change that.

I see that 'A great app is on the way!' in several places. I have a feeling I will not think any of these are 'great!'

Ironically the Feedback Hub has stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but it just won't start.

So, is there a way to make the baclground of the Start Screen anything other than BLACK?

:)

Mark_Weatherill, Aug 19, 2019
  2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 19, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows 1903 update problems

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 1903 update problems :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 1903 update problems

1. Windows 1903 update problems - Similar Threads - 1903 update problems

2. Windows 10 1903 Update Problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 1903 Update Problem: Hello everyone, Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 17763.1457 I've downloaded the stand alone 1903 update (KB4505057) since Windows Update only updates to 1809. I'm wondering if the update problem concerns the enterprise version. When I attempt to install the 1903 update,...
  3. 1903 update probleme

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 update probleme: I updated my windows today but when the update finished the pc restarded but after a while it's stuck on welcome screen then I waited 2h the welcome turned to restart automatique then it's started again but it's stuck again in welcome screen I restarted the pc after 4hours 3...
  4. Windows 10 1903 update problem

Windows 10 1903 update problem: Hi, i am trying to update my windows 10 from 1803 to 1903, every single time i restart the computer to do the update, the spinning circle gets stuck, like the animation of the spinning circle stops.. and i checked the hard drive activity light, it is not blinking and it is...
  5. Windows 10 1903 update problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1903 update problems: Ever since i updated my vaio laptop to windows 10 1903, none of my programs are opening, the start button doesn’t work, i have no network, and it is telling me that apps have been blocked by an administrator (which is not true as I am the administrator). Please help....
  6. Updating to 1903 with no problems

Updating to 1903 with no problems: I was able to update my new HP Windows10 Home to build 1903 last night with no problems. I shut down all programs running in the background, ran my preferred "clean-up" temp cleaner, set a new restore point and went for it ......... Absolutely no problems!! I don't know if...
  7. windows 10 1903 update problem

windows 10 1903 update problem: this problem is not solving, though i'm installing microsoft recommended version is 15.9.6.1044 . i need a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-update-problem/eaeefde4-2766-4925-97e9-53650a100c5c
  8. Windows 1903 Update problem

Windows 1903 Update problem: hi team, Its been more than a month since the feature update of 1903 came into market . I have a desktop and a laptop. My desktop is currently having 1903 version but my laptop is not having any updates . Recently a couple of days before a got a cumulative update of...
  9. 1903 Update Problems

1903 Update Problems: Following the earlier Windows 10 1903 update, I had major problems viz. unable to find or access Office Word, Excel, Live Mail and McAfee Live Save all of which were preloaded onto my Dell laptop prior to purchase. I have reset to a UK keyboard, arranged reload of McAfee...
  10. Problems after Windows 1903 update

Problems after Windows 1903 update: I have had a number of problems since the Windows 10 1903 update: 1. Audio problems - sometimes there is no sound when I try to listen to a video or similar. 2. I often can't watch videos. 3. The Night Light option no longer works. These are the problems that I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Im having trouble upgrading my PC to 1903

2. Windows 1903 plus problems