Windows 10: Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem

Discus and support Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to 1903, but have had to revert back to 1809 due to a shutdown issue. With 1903 installed, my desktop will not shut down, after selecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robmoore3, Jul 9, 2019.

1. robmoore3 Win User

Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem

I updated to 1903, but have had to revert back to 1809 due to a shutdown issue.

With 1903 installed, my desktop will not shut down, after selecting shutdown from the menu, my screen goes off but my PC remains on and I am forced to hold down the power button to get it to shutdown. so the only way of actually shutting the PC down is via the power button.

Asus Prime X370 Pro Bios 4801

Ryzen 5 1600

Samsung Evo 960 500Gb

16 Gb Corsair Vengance RGB 3000

Asus Strix RX470 4Gb

:)

robmoore3, Jul 9, 2019

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 9, 2019
  4. greenfid Win User

Slow Shutdown after Upgrade to Windows 10 1903

Thanks Stephen, tried your suggestions but the Shutdown remains slow.

greenfid, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 1903 update Shutdown problem - Similar Threads - 1903 update Shutdown

2. Update and Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and Shutdown problem: So the other night I finished downloading a game on steam. Once it had finished I went to shut my computer down and clicked update and shut down then went to bed. The next night turned on computer back on and this screen screen comes up. I have followed the screens trying to...
  3. Update and Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and Shutdown problem: So the other night I finished downloading a game on steam. Once it had finished I went to shut my computer down and clicked update and shut down then went to bed. The next night turned on computer back on and this screen screen comes up. I have followed the screens trying to...
  4. Update and Shutdown problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Update and shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update and shutdown problem: Hello sir, I used Dell L502x laptop I put it on update and shutdown after that it doesn't get start by any possible thing.I have done couple of thing to start it but nither found any success.Can you please help me?...Dell L502x 6 gb Ram 500 gb internal...
  6. Update and shutdown problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update and shutdown problem: Hello sir, I used Dell L502x laptop I put it on update and shutdown after that it doesn't get start by any possible thing.I have done couple of thing to start it but nither found any success.Can you please help me?...Dell L502x 6 gb Ram 500 gb internal...
  7. Windows 1903 update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1903 update problems: I just installed the 1903 update and noticed that it has made some very noticeable unwanted changes. The Start screen reverted to a menu; I had to set it back to my preference of full screen. But most of the items on there have been removed. THANKS, And now the background...
  8. Shutdown during updating to version 1903

Shutdown during updating to version 1903: Hello, My computer keeps shutting down while I'm trying to update to Windows version 1903. It is performing shutdown while the progress on the blue screen is at 48%. Shortly before that it pops up a small window, but it's too briefly to read. After turning it back on, it...
  9. Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problems since upgrading to 1903: I recently installed upgrade 1903 to Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude and to my Surface 3 Professional. Since the upgrade the Dell latitude takes 20 minutes or more to fully shut down. The Surface is running fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  10. Windows 1903 Update problem

Windows 1903 Update problem: hi team, Its been more than a month since the feature update of 1903 came into market . I have a desktop and a laptop. My desktop is currently having 1903 version but my laptop is not having any updates . Recently a couple of days before a got a cumulative update of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 pro ver 1903 will not fully shutdown

2. Windows 10 1903 standby problem shutdown

3. windows 1903 cant shut down

4. windows 10 1903 shutdown,
  5. windows 1903 update shutdown