Windows 10: Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions

Discus and support Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My windowsapps folder contain multiple versions of apps i no longer have installed such as candy crush saga and disneymagic kingdoms. How can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Neil Boyd, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Neil Boyd Win User

Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions

My windowsapps folder contain multiple versions of apps i no longer have installed such as candy crush saga and disneymagic kingdoms.

How can i delete the items from windowsapps?

:)

Neil Boyd, Mar 22, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

3DMARK05 no install (remove previous version)

Just like the title says .I couldnt remove old install with add remove so I removed all folders and registry entries for 3DMARK05 but still same error remove previous version then the app stops the install . Big Time Bummer*Bang Head :banghead:

DRDNA, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Apps Folder Not Removing Old Versions - Similar Threads - Apps Folder Removing

2. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  3. How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover documents folder from an old version of windows: My older PC blue screened so I built a new PC with new SSD drives and installed the old PC drive in my new one as a 2nd drive. The problem is my documents folder has a yellow lock in the top right corner. I'm not able to open any files. I'm not sure I could have used folder...
  4. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10: So this is sort of a continuation from an older thread i made months ago (Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10). I'm still trying to save my settings from an 1809 version of windows to 1909 (and probably later versions) @Paul Black if you see this mate you...
  5. Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backup folder settings from old version of windows 10: So this is sort of a continuation from an older thread i made months ago (Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10). I'm still trying to save my settings from an 1809 version of windows to 1909 (and probably later versions) @Paul Black if you see this mate you...
  6. 'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Ghost Folder' After Removing Old Drive: Hello, I just removed an old hard drive which had my iCloud folder. It left behind the directory to iCloud with no way of deleting it; here is what it looks like: [ATTACH] How can I get rid of this? It looks bad and any Windows action I try can't detect it as the drive is...
  7. Can't remove folders from old install of windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove folders from old install of windows: I had to reinstall windows and now I have folders from my last install of windows I cant remove. These folders I had games from game pass installed to and cant remove that folder now. how do I remove this folder without formatting the drive? The amount of data I have to...
  8. Removing an old user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing an old user folder: Hi all, I had to re-install Windows 10 & it created a username folder "roysq" My old one was "roysquires" I have managed to create a new one, but cannot delete the old one "roysqu." If I delete the folder it just returns. I have tried Regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINNE >...
  9. Remove old Win 10 Versions

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove old Win 10 Versions: I have done this before, but for some reason I don't have a clue! I am running an Intel Stick & need the memory space! 69900
  10. Old versions of files and folders on 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Old versions of files and folders on 2nd drive: Hi all, first post, so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have decided to migrate to Win10 while maintaining my Win7 system until I'm sure (on the same box). Win 10 is installed on a new SSD, Win7 on an old SSD, with all my files held on a 1TB drive so I planned to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsapps multiple versions

2. remove old versions apps from windows 10