Windows 10: Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute

Discus and support Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I cleaned my computer, and after assembly, I turned it on and found there is about a minute that the loading light indicator turns off after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joshiah, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Joshiah Win User

Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute

I cleaned my computer, and after assembly, I turned it on and found there is about a minute that the loading light indicator turns off after the windows icon with black background appears, and then it resumes loading. Because of this it takes more than 1.25 minutes for it to boot compared to the usual 20 seconds boot time before I cleaned my computer. I reset the BIOS, and the problem persists. Please help me in troubleshooting this.

:)

Joshiah, Mar 29, 2020

2. Action Center Notifications Delayed by several minutes

Thank you for your reply.

I have not made any changes to my system. The only recent change is the Windows Anniversary Update.

I performed 'Clean Boot' as you suggested, and the problem was not resolved.

I do have an update to my previous comment. The notification is not consistently delayed by 5 minutes - the delay ranges from 5 to 15 minutes. And the notification will still pop up even if I have already read or deleted the email.

a2915eaf-07e2-4058-9909-8799619b2998, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Windows 1 minute startup delay

Many weird problems can cause these delays. I've had such delays due to the following:
    1. Old DVD drive initialisation after a Windows update - removed the DVD since no longer needed.
    2. Presence of an active boot partition on an external USB drive - partition changed to inactive
    3. After updating Malwarebytes - reinstalled and was OK

The list is probably endless!

Steve C, Mar 29, 2020
  4. AzzKickr Win User

Windows 1 minute startup delay

No, in fact I'm on a blazing fast HyperX Predator M.2 SSD.
    It really is a case of suuuuperfast boot (like it should be), then staring at the desktop with the taskbar for like a minute, and then everything else loads.
    During that minute I can click start, scroll programs, start the browser, etc. but nothing really opens up.

AzzKickr, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Boot Delayed by not Loading for a Minute - Similar Threads - Boot Delayed Loading

2. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10: Hello,My printers got problem of print delay in the past two months. Printing the first page is always OK, but then printing another page may got delay of about 2 and half minutes. When I look at the print queue window, the first document was founded on the window once I...
  3. Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print delay 2 minutes on Windows 10: Hello,My printers got problem of print delay in the past two months. Printing the first page is always OK, but then printing another page may got delay of about 2 and half minutes. When I look at the print queue window, the first document was founded on the window once I...
  4. disk related 7 minute delay during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disk related 7 minute delay during boot: Hey! My first post to please bear with me :) Sorry for hijacking an old thread, but this thread is connected to my issue 100%. Running windows 10 20H2, updated a month or so ago... and then is when the issue occurs. Startup time has gone from 20 seconds to 7 minutes, and I...
  5. delayed booting

delayed booting: My Lenovo Ideapad 300 series takes about 15-20 minutes to boot. I have tried everything suggested in Youtube videos, and other windows users online... no changes. Someone, please help....
  6. Booting is delayed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting is delayed: I could not boot the computer ; It demands three or four on /off press. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-is-delayed/a7431a14-a67b-4e5b-9368-ce33b0b836f8
  7. Windows 1 minute startup delay

Windows 1 minute startup delay: Hi there, I initially posted this on the EightForums as this is on a Win8 machine, but got no response because there is little activity there. That should not be an issue though as this is probably not a specific Win8 problem. I'm hoping someone here is willing to guide me...
  8. 3 Minute delay at boot before Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Support
    3 Minute delay at boot before Windows 10 starts: Have a Dell Inspiron 3847 running Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) and when I boot from Power On,, the Dell logo is displayed for 3 to 4 minutes before Windows starts (i.e. when the blue window logo displays). After that, Windows starts correctly. I'm tempted to say that it's a...
  9. 1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot

1 minute black screen delay with hp g6 notebook boot: I have been trying to resolve this issue for some 18 months. I have a HP Pavilion G6 Notebook AMD Processor, inbuilt Radeon HD 7200 graphics card. The problem is that when booting, after the win 10 logo appears and the circular dots are rotating, the system presents a black...
  10. Boot takes many minutes before loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot takes many minutes before loading: HP desktop I just put new hard drive in and installed Windows 10. The Windows 7 hard drive was failing, had no backup or image. Tried to access drive with USB but drive too far gone. Decided to install Windows 10 as an upgrade. After a few minor glitches like no...