Windows 10: Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225

Discus and support Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all I am currently having trouble booting into windows 10.I have tried to do a automatic repair from the media creation tool, troubleshoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DARKO21, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DARKO21 Win User

Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225

Hello all

I am currently having trouble booting into windows 10.I have tried to do a automatic repair from the media creation tool, troubleshoot using command prompt. I have tried using diskpart but nothing works, i dont know if i missing something please help.

Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225 [​IMG]

:)

DARKO21, Mar 8, 2018

2. Windows 10 won't start

I can't get my Dell pc to start with Windows 10, though it was running it fine yesterday. The boot manager message states "A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed". The hard drive appears to be running so I'm at a loss. the status code is
    0xc0000225 if that's any help.

jim gruber, Mar 8, 2018
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Darshan J, Mar 8, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Why use DiskPart before you know what's causing the boot failure. I'd suggest reading and trying this TenForums tutorial instead: Troubleshoot Windows 10 failure to boot using Recovery Environment. If none of this works, then it's time to ask for more help. But it should cover most of the obvious, well-known causes of boot problems.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  5. topgundcp Win User
    From the screen shot above, you have volume 2 which I suspect it is the EFI System partition(without it, your PC won't boot) and it shows as "RAW". That means it is corrupted and inaccessible.
    In addition Volume 0 is your Windows and has no Drive letter assigned to it.
    Volume 1 and Volume 5 should not have the same drive letter "C" assigned to them.

topgundcp, Mar 9, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Oooh! Good catch, Topgundcp. I should'a looked closer. Hopefully, the boot repair tutorial remains an appropriate place to start attempting repairs anyway. Certainly, if the OP has an image backup of the boot/system drive that includes the now-garbled EFI partition, restoring that partition (or perhaps the entire image) may make sense, depending on its vintage.
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

PS: here's a possibly appropriate TenForums thread for the OP to check: Disk Boot Failure, Attempting to restore EFI partition - Windows 10 Forums

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  7. topgundcp Win User
    @EdTittle

OP's already try the startup repair and did not work.

A simplier way is to delete then re-create the 260MB EFI System partition, From diskpart, use the command: create EFI partition
    then follow the video I made for another thread to re-create the BCD.
    [youtube]XbZ5b3GwV44[/youtube]

topgundcp, Mar 9, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

Good to know, thanks for the clarification. Your proposed fixes look like just what's needed.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  9. Saltgrass Win User
    Looks like some manipulation of some sort has been going on. I wonder if any third party partitioning software or a cloning operation is involved.

The line above in the window mentions something about MBR drive .. not sure why that would be showing unless the drive is Legacy or has been turned into legacy..

Saltgrass, Mar 9, 2018
  10. DARKO21 Win User
    Thanks all,
    I am pretty new at all of this, any ways I would like to reset or factory restore my pc because i dont care about any data loss. I have a HP envy and I know I had a partition for that.
    I have tried system restore it says 'To use System Restore you must specify which windows installation to restore'.
    I have tried System Image Recovery is says "windows cannot find a system image on this computer.
    I have tried Start up repair 'start up repair couldn't repair your pc.
    Any ideas?

DARKO21, Mar 9, 2018
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Here's an HP Support article you are sure to find relevant, because it sounds increasingly likely that you will need to rebuild your drive from scratch. Check this out, please: HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10). You may need to read and follow up on the section entitled "System recovery using HP supplied recovery media." Of course that means you'll have to reach out to HP, order said media, and wait for them to show up. Hope that does not prove too onerous!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Boot Manager EFI\Microsoft\boot\bcd status 0xc0000225 - Similar Threads - Boot Manager EFIMicrosoftbootbcd

2. Windows Boot Manager Error 0xc0000225: "The boot configuration data for your pc is missing...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Boot Manager Error 0xc0000225: "The boot configuration data for your pc is missing...: I cannot boot into Windows. I have created USB media to repair my installation. Startup Repair was unable to repair the drive. SFC will not run I've been following the steps here but some seem a little extreme/confusing to me....
  3. Boot Loop 0xC0000225

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Loop 0xC0000225: Woke up turned my computer on and it won't boot and gives this error. I tried fixing the boot files and bcd and all the standard things and the only thing that fixed it was a clean install of windows 10 version 1909. I did nothing to cause this the computer was shut down...
  4. Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000225.

Windows 10 boot error 0xc0000225.: Recently I was trying to install another boot system on my Windows 10 volume system with a tool to install a dual boot system without a CD/DVD or USB, but after I've failed I have opened my Windows 10 volume system and there was too many files, and there was a "Unstaill.exe"...
  5. Can’t Boot. Error 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000000f

Can’t Boot. Error 0xc0000225 and 0xc0000000f: So I was suffering from the 1903 Windows Update issue and that Intel RST Driver issue and I couldnt install the new driver for some reason. Googled for solutions and these sites kept telling me to go to system 32 and change “iastora.sys” to “iastora.old”. In hindsight that...
  6. Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225

Boot configuration data error 0xc0000225: After my computer updated, I cannot access Windows anymore. It boots up, then loads in with a black screen with the Windows Boot Manager telling me that Windows failed to start, File: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\Bcd , Status: 0xc0000225 , Info: The Boot Configuration Data for your PC...
  7. Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225

Windows failed to start. status: 0xc0000225: Hello, i have a big issue... I bought new computer component(motherboard, ram, cpu) I have installed Windows 7 home premium on my harddrive and i wanted to install windows 10 pro for my new build. When i enter bios i boot from the usb drive with windows 10 on. i get to choose...
  8. Stuck in repair/windows boot manager loop error 0xc0000225

Stuck in repair/windows boot manager loop error 0xc0000225: Hi I really hope some kind and clever soul can help me - as I've been grappling with this issue for a week now and am at my wits end *cry System: PC. Motherboard:Asus M4A78 Pro, CPU: Phenom 9850 quad-core black edition, Bootdisk:HDD Crucial M550 128Gb SSD, Memory: Kingston...
  9. Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually

in Windows 10 Support
    Error 0xc0000225 but then booted eventually: Yesterday i had a notification appear in the Action Centre saying "Security and Maintenance Restart to Repair drive Errors". So i restarted but all i kept getting was a Recovery screen saying 'Your Pc couldn't start properly a required device isn't connected or cant be...
  10. Issues with boot windows (Errors 0xc0000034 & 0xc0000225)

in Windows 10 Support
    Issues with boot windows (Errors 0xc0000034 & 0xc0000225): Refer to Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet for all the images I use in this post. I restarted my computer this morning (2013 Toshiba Portege Z930) and was greeted with this error (image 1). After some research I decided to load a bootable windows 10 onto a...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft bcd bootmanager

2. efi/microsoft/boot/bcd 0xc0000225

3. efi microsoft windows 7 boot bcd 0xc0000225