Windows 10: Windows Boot Manager - Failed

Discus and support Windows Boot Manager - Failed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Can anyone tell me how to resolve a Windows failed to start issue on a Windows 10 computer? Status: 0xc0000225 Info: A required device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ReginaM, Sep 22, 2016.

1. ReginaM Win User

Windows Boot Manager - Failed

Windows Boot Manager - Failed [​IMG]

Can anyone tell me how to resolve a Windows failed to start issue on a Windows 10 computer?

Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

The computers worked fine for a couple days. After the end-users powered off and turn it back on the next day they received the Windows Boot Manage screen and could not get back into the computer.

Ran a repair (could not fix), diagnostic test (everything passed), /FIXMBR (no change), and Power Off test (no change).

Please HELP!!!!

:)

ReginaM, Sep 22, 2016

2. Windows Boot Manager Fail

I have the same scenario.iv lost all my data too. You advised him to reformat the hard drive. Can you give me assistant how to do that? Tnx

IsraelHory, Sep 22, 2016
  3. Windows Boot Manager Fail

To answer your query, you may download the installation media through this
    link
    . After downloading the installation media, follow the steps in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC on the link that we have previously provided.

Let us know the result and if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 22, 2016
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi ReginaM and welcome to TenForums!

What message did you get when Repair couldn't fix problem?

You mentioned /Fixmbr, so you reached repair command prompt.

From Brinks' tutorials:
    There are some reports, that this kind of error can be caused by USB devices. Try disconnecting as many as you can...

AndreTen, Sep 23, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    First, you need to find out if Windows was installed using MBR partition scheme to use /fixmgr. If Windows was installed using GPT partition scheme, you cannot use it to fix boot problem.

Your best bet is to download: Macrium Reflect Free. Install it on another PC, create a Macrium Rescue USB stick, boot up from it, click Restore tab then click on "Fix Windows Boot Problems"
    as shown below:

Windows Boot Manager - Failed [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 23, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    Did you try a cold power off i.e. disconnect/unplug the PC from the mains and hold down the power on button for 30s? Is there another disk connected with an active partition since this can confuse the boot process? Use MiniTool Partition Wizard to check and change active partitions to inactive.

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Boot Manager - Failed - Similar Threads - Boot Manager Failed

2. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows failed to start boot manager: I recently purchased a gigabyte G5 MD laptop, It is saying i need to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. It came preloaded with windows, what should I do?File: \windows\system32\winload.efistatus: 0xc0000225...
  3. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows failed to start boot manager: I recently purchased a gigabyte G5 MD laptop, It is saying i need to insert my windows installation disc and restart my computer. It came preloaded with windows, what should I do?File: \windows\system32\winload.efistatus: 0xc0000225...
  4. Windows failed to start boot manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed: My PC was updating and i'm guessing something went wrong in the process, but it's now giving me the boot manager failed message. I tried doing the F8 trick to start the recovery, but that didn't work. It only stays at the Lenovo logo and then does nothing else. I'm not sure...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed: My PC was updating and i'm guessing something went wrong in the process, but it's now giving me the boot manager failed message. I tried doing the F8 trick to start the recovery, but that didn't work. It only stays at the Lenovo logo and then does nothing else. I'm not sure...
  7. Windows 10 Boot Manager Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Windows Boot Manager - Windows failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Manager - Windows failed to start: Hi, I was in msconfig and noticed startup said restrictive so I changed it back to normal, but after a reboot I get the error:- Windows Boot Manager - Windows failed to start When I try to select the OS it only lists 8.1 but my laptop is on Win10 1909 version and that...
  9. Windows boot manager boot failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot manager boot failed: im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial...
  10. Failed windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed windows boot manager: Hi there I've experience a problem with my laptop after I downloaded the windows 10 tool to change from 32bit to 64bit. The file was successfully downloaded and i restarted my laptop without opening the file thinking nothing will happen, well...it did. It keeps on...