Windows 10: Windows boot manager

Discus and support Windows boot manager in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have win 10 pro installed on a Samsung 850 pro SSD. In Bios it lists Windows Boot Manager as the #1 option. I selected Samsung ssd as my #1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by harleymike, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Windows boot manager

Hi, I have win 10 pro installed on a Samsung 850 pro SSD. In Bios it lists Windows Boot Manager as the #1 option. I selected Samsung ssd as my #1 option, saved and exited. Computer will not boot. Says No OS found-insert media and restart. Did that a couple times. No Boot. Set Bios back to Windows Boot Manager. Everything runs fine. Also Sata controller set to AHCI. Is this normal for Windows 10? In Device manager my storage controller says Microsoft storage space controller. Is this normal for Win 10? Thanks

:)

harleymike, Feb 28, 2016

2. windows boot manager

hi everyone,recently I have found an annoying problem to me in my pc.since then I have been trying to get rid of it but I could not.so listen when I start my pc it is asking me to choose which os you want to run in the windows boot manager menu.but my pc
    has only one os that is windows 10.i was wondering why it is asking me to choose,when it has only one os.i have tried afew solutions which I found in the internet as you can see the images below and still the problem appears.after some troubleshoots I restarted
    my pc again and It is not asking me to choose but It is appearing for a millisecond and then going to windows configuring state.so,please give me solutions that can off the displayboot menu,windows boot manager should not be shown in startup of my pc even
    for a millisecond.thank you.

Windows boot manager [​IMG]

G AdinarayanaMurthy, Feb 28, 2016
  3. window boot manager

Hi,

For you to skip the Boot Manager during Windows 10 startup, kindly follow the steps below:

• Got to the Control Panel by pressing the Windows key +
      X.
    • Under View by:, choose Small icons and choose
      System.
    • Click on Advanced system settings in the left panel and it will open the System Properties
      with the Advanced tab.
    • Under Startup and Recovery, click on Settings.
    • Under System startup, Deselect the Time to display list of operating systems: and
      Time to display recovery options when needed: and click on
      OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 28, 2016
  4. Word Man Win User

Windows boot manager

Welcome to TenForums, Mike.*Smile

It certainly sounds normal if you are booting UEFI to a disk with GPT partitioning.

Try executing "msinfo32" from a command prompt and report what it says on the line "BIOS Mode".

Word Man, Feb 28, 2016
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you post a screenshot of your disk management screen we can tell you what is going on with your boot files.

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of - Windows 10 Forums

More than likely your SSD is set up for UEFI booting - which will be the Windows Boot Manager entry in bios. When you select the boot from SSD option, bios is looking to legacy boot the SSD which it isn't set up for. This is assuming your boot files are actually contained on the SSD and not on another installed hard drive - which we can tell from disk management.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2016
  6. In says Bios Mode--- UEFI , also I did see PCR7 Configuration---Binding Not Possible. Whatever this means, I have no idea. But if Windows Boot Manager is the normal boot up for win 10, I'm good. Everything else seems to work.

harleymike, Feb 28, 2016
  7. I will study the how to post a screen shot and do what I can.

harleymike, Feb 28, 2016
  8. Word Man Win User

Windows boot manager

Yeah, you're good. I'm not a wizard at any particular BIOS (PCR7 sounds vaguely familiar but no help I can give on that) but you are set up in UEFI boot, highly likely to a GPT partitioned disk. If you're new to UEFI, it may take some getting used to (like it did me) as far as booting from alternate devices and the best way to do that.

Word Man, Feb 28, 2016
  9. Here is what I have. Hopefully it works. This is on reinstall of win 10 pro

harleymike, Feb 28, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yep, you are good to go.

NavyLCDR, Feb 28, 2016
  11. Thanks for your help . I feel a lot more comfortable , that I did it right.

harleymike, Feb 28, 2016
  12. Word Man Win User
    Good to know Mike and you're always welcome here.
    *Thumbs

Word Man, Feb 28, 2016
  13. unlisted Win User

Windows boot manager

I recently installed a new SSD with Windows 10 after my other HD seemed to go bad. (No boot device available)

I wanted a SSD for Windows and applications while storing files on a separate disk.

In installing the SSD I am noticing the UEFI Windows Boot Manager instead of the option of booting straight from the SSD itself.

Before I start loading everything up from my backup I wanted to make sure Windows is installed properly for optimal performance.

Can someone please explain? Thanks in advance.

unlisted, Apr 3, 2016
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    Easiest way to tell is to disconnect all drives except for the SSD. If the computer boots with only the SSD connected, then you are good to go.

NavyLCDR, Apr 3, 2016
  15. unlisted Win User
    It is the only drive that is currently connected with the exception of the 32GB MSATA drive on my motherboard and Windows is booting up fine. I'm just not familiar with "UEFI Windows Boot Manager" and don't want to deal with any headaches down the road. It is not even giving me the option in the Boot Mode settings in the BIOS to boot from the SSD.

I guess I am wanting to know if I have installed Windows correctly on the new SSD. Is this the one and only way it should be booting up or is there something I missed in the setup that would allow me in the BIOS to boot from the SSD instead of through the "UEFI Windows Boot Manager".

Thanks again in advance.

unlisted, Apr 3, 2016
Thema:

Windows boot manager

1. Windows boot manager - Similar Threads - boot manager

2. **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...: I am trying to reset windows due to corruption of files of windows due to idk.I tried the following ways:I used media creation tool to make iso in pen drive.I tried rufus tool to do the same with both GPT and MBR type of systems.Tried contacting Microsoft, they also tried to...
  3. **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    **Bootable pen drive not visible in boot manager.** How to make it visible and boot the...: I am trying to reset windows due to corruption of files of windows due to idk.I tried the following ways:I used media creation tool to make iso in pen drive.I tried rufus tool to do the same with both GPT and MBR type of systems.Tried contacting Microsoft, they also tried to...
  4. Backup distroyed Windows Boot Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup distroyed Windows Boot Manager: I got my wife a new PC with OEM Win 11 installed. It worked fine when powered up. I had previously made a backup on a external hard disk of her old Win 10 pc using the free version of AOMEI backupper version 7.3.3 . I selected System Backup.The backup appeared to work...
  5. Backup distroyed Windows Boot Manager

Backup distroyed Windows Boot Manager: I got my wife a new PC with OEM Win 11 installed. It worked fine when powered up. I had previously made a backup on a external hard disk of her old Win 10 pc using the free version of AOMEI backupper version 7.3.3 . I selected System Backup.The backup appeared to work...
  6. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  7. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?: I want to remove that hard drive from pc because it is starting to fail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-move-windows-boot-manager-to-another-drive/49d45fc6-2fe3-43fe-961d-0c7e6037786d
  8. Can I move Windows Boot Manager to another drive without reinstalling windows?

9. Why is my PC not able to get a Windows Boot Manager?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC not able to get a Windows Boot Manager?: Ive recently got myself a new NVMe 2.0 SSD Samsung 980 and ive installed windows on it. But for whatever reason it doesnt boot. SSD is visible and Windows is downloaded on it Confirmed due to missing space on the SSD after download. What i noticed is that there is no Windows...
  10. Why is my PC not able to get a Windows Boot Manager?

Why is my PC not able to get a Windows Boot Manager?: Ive recently got myself a new NVMe 2.0 SSD Samsung 980 and ive installed windows on it. But for whatever reason it doesnt boot. SSD is visible and Windows is downloaded on it Confirmed due to missing space on the SSD after download. What i noticed is that there is no Windows...