Windows 10: Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error 1903

Discus and support Windows cannot read from unattended answer file" Error 1903 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem since I use version 1903 of Windows 10. When I try to install a new system from a bootable USB stick with an AutoUnattend.xml... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rospionne, Nov 21, 2019.

1. rospionne Win User

Windows cannot read from unattended answer file" Error 1903

Hello,

I have a problem since I use version 1903 of Windows 10. When I try to install a new system from a bootable USB stick with an AutoUnattend.xml file. The following message appeared "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error" and prevents me from continuing.

How to get around the Microsoft bug? Please.

On the 1809 version, I have no problem. However, I have to make our systems evolve. We can't allow this to happen because we have a lot of different computers.

Thank you in advance for your valuable advice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

below the answer file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend">

<settings pass="windowsPE">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<SetupUILanguage>

<UILanguage>fr-FR</UILanguage>

</SetupUILanguage>

<InputLocale>fr-FR</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>fr-FR</SystemLocale>

<UserLocale>fr-FR</UserLocale>

</component>

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<DiskConfiguration>

<Disk wcm:action="add">

<CreatePartitions>

<CreatePartition wcm:action="add">

<Order>1</Order>

<Type>Primary</Type>

<Size>16384</Size>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>2</Order>

<Type>EFI</Type>

<Size>100</Size>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>3</Order>

<Type>MSR</Type>

<Size>120</Size>

</CreatePartition>

<Order>4</Order>

<Type>Primary</Type>

<Extend>true</Extend>

</CreatePartition>

</CreatePartitions>

<ModifyPartitions>

<ModifyPartition wcm:action="add">

<Order>1</Order>

<PartitionID>1</PartitionID>

<Label>Backup</Label>

<Format>NTFS</Format>

<Letter>S</Letter>

</ModifyPartition>

<Order>2</Order>

<PartitionID>2</PartitionID>

<Label>System</Label>

<Format>FAT32</Format>

</ModifyPartition>

<Order>3</Order>

<PartitionID>4</PartitionID>

<Label>Windows</Label>

<Format>NTFS</Format>

<Letter>C</Letter>

</ModifyPartition>

</ModifyPartitions>

<DiskID>0</DiskID>

<WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk>

</Disk>

<WillShowUI>Always</WillShowUI>

</DiskConfiguration>

<ImageInstall>

<OSImage>

<InstallTo>

<DiskID>0</DiskID>

<PartitionID>4</PartitionID>

</InstallTo>

<WillShowUI>Always</WillShowUI>

</OSImage>

</ImageInstall>

<UserData>

<AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula>

</UserData>

</component>

</settings>

<settings pass="specialize">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<OEMInformation>

<Manufacturer>Athena Computers</Manufacturer>

<SupportURL>www.athenadistribution.com</SupportURL>

<SupportPhone>Service Après Vente Matériels: 09.52.13.32.36</SupportPhone>

<SupportHours>9h15 - 12h30 et 14h00 - 17h45</SupportHours>

</OEMInformation>

</component>

</settings>

<settings pass="oobeSystem">

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<UserAccounts>

<AdministratorPassword>

<Value>Password</Value>

<PlainText>true</PlainText>

</AdministratorPassword>

<LocalAccounts>

<LocalAccount wcm:action="add">

<Password>

<Value>Password</Value>

<PlainText>true</PlainText>

</Password>

<Description>Mot de passe : Password</Description>

<DisplayName>UserTemp</DisplayName>

<Group>Administrateurs</Group>

<Name>UserTemp</Name>

</LocalAccount>

</LocalAccounts>

</UserAccounts>

<OOBE>

<HideEULAPage>true</HideEULAPage>

<HideLocalAccountScreen>true</HideLocalAccountScreen>

<HideOEMRegistrationScreen>true</HideOEMRegistrationScreen>

<HideOnlineAccountScreens>true</HideOnlineAccountScreens>

<HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>

<ProtectYourPC>3</ProtectYourPC>

</OOBE>

</component>

<component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

<InputLocale>040c:0000040c</InputLocale>

<SystemLocale>fr-FR</SystemLocale>

<UILanguageFallback>fr-FR</UILanguageFallback>

<UserLocale>fr-FR</UserLocale>

</component>

</settings>

</unattend>

:)

rospionne, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error 1903 [​IMG]

Hej Ken. Din svarfil antyder att du är också en Finlandsvensk. Välkommen till Ten Forums!

Windows cannot read <product key> from unattended answer file" Error 1903 [​IMG]

Hi Ken. Your answer file suggests that you are a fellow Finland Swede. Welcome to Ten Forums!

That error is because there's no generic product key or MAK key in your answer file. It is obligatory in autounattend.xml answer file, the one that takes care of first phase of Windows setup, partitioning and installing.

Please see step 3.9 in following tutorial for how to add key in answer file: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10

3. The unattended answer file contains an invalid product key

I've downloaded the Windows 10.iso file and am trying to create a VMWare VM. I got the product key for my current Windows 7 Pro SP1 from the sticker on the underside of my laptop.

During creation of the VM I get this message "The unattended answer file contains an invalid product key".

Where do I go from here?

Paolo_Ricardo, Nov 21, 2019
  4. goforgin Win User

Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file"

Seems like a lot of people have this problem and no solution has been found. I did a fine install from a retail Windows 10 USB. I would now like to do a clean install on a new drive, however on boot from USB I get the "Windows cannot read <product key> from
    unattended answer file" error.

I look in my BIOS and it tells me that the platform Key is loaded. So I assume the secure boot key was created correctly. I am not doing an unattended install so I don't know why I get this message. I have not opportunity to select any options because this
    is the first thing I see after I see the files are loading message.

I have followed every suggestion I could find on the web, non of which worked. I tired removing the USB after setup started. I tried removing all other hard drives except the new one I wanted to install Win 10 on.

Is there a solution to this?

goforgin, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows cannot read from unattended answer file" Error 1903 - Similar Threads - cannot read <product

2. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  3. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file: new gaming pc build try to download windows 11 from windows 11 with product key. windows setup message pops up when turning pc on. Windows cannot read the <productkeys> setting from the unattended answer file. how do I down load my windows 11 software on my new pc build. note...
  4. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  5. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  6. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file

Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend answer file: [IMG] Hi, I've made a USB drive to reinstall windows onto a new system I've just built and when it goes through its start up I get this message then it, restarts and repeats itself again? Any ideas on how to get around this? Would I have to make a new windows 10 bootable...
  8. Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file": Hello, I've build a new PC and I ran in some trouble while installing windows. At first I created a bootable USB stick with an older windows iso that I had stored somewhere and rufus. I installed windows, no issues there, but I bumped into network driver issues. In ubuntu...
  9. Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file"

Windows 10 Clean Install Error: "Windows cannot read <product key> from unattend answer file": Hello, I've build a new PC and I ran in some trouble while installing windows. At first I created a bootable USB stick with an older windows iso that I had stored somewhere and rufus. I installed windows, no issues there, but I bumped into network driver issues. In ubuntu...
  10. Stuck on Windows 10 Answer File: Unable to read Product Key

Stuck on Windows 10 Answer File: Unable to read Product Key: So, I've been tinkering with answer files for unattended installs. I'm doing a test before I start applying them to image roll-outs. I've re-made my autounattend.xml about 7 times now. it's quite frustration. I have the generic Windows 10 Pro key in the file, but it refuses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. product key unattend xml

2. windows cannot read product key from unattended answer file

3. windows cannot read a product key settings from a unattend answer file

4. windows cannot read the product key from the unattended,
  5. windows cannot read the product key settings from the unattended answer file,
  6. windows cannot read the <product key> setting from the unattended answer file,
  7. windows 10 pro can not read product key untendaded