Windows 10: Windows crash with update recovery

Discus and support Windows crash with update recovery in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; During WIN10 update the operating system on my PC was corrupted and would not self-repair. I was only able to re-install and reactivate my WIN10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NetDr, Mar 30, 2020.

1. NetDr Win User

Windows crash with update recovery

During WIN10 update the operating system on my PC was corrupted and would not self-repair. I was only able to re-install and reactivate my WIN10 installation and then reinstall my programs data was all backed up. After activating and with some use I realized that I was getting a lot of 'hung' operation and Chrome not responding and investigated. Well...despite having WIN10 pro 64 bit before, the reinstall has activated 32 bit only and therefore is canning my 8GB of ram for the minimum. How do I get my Pro 64 bit back???

:)

NetDr, Mar 30, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 30, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 30, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD error 0xc000021a crash

This is just 1 step of finding the cause, there are a few usual causes for this crash.
    • Mismatched system files,
    • User-mode driver
    • system service
    • 3rd party app's

To proceed, you would need recovery media or the troubleshooting options.
    I would recommend the recovery media in case the recovery partition(s) get damaged.
    Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

1. Windows crash with update recovery - Similar Threads - crash update recovery

2. Windows 10 crashes to recovery screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashes to recovery screen: Recently I noticed my ancient laptop hanging and crashing so I tried rolling back to a earlier restore point however it failed to restore and now it keeps crashing straight to windows recovery environment. I've tried letting it repair but it always hit a critical process...
  3. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes: I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around...
  4. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes: I am unable to access the Recovery page in the Update and Security settings. When pressed to open, the blue cursor spinner appears and Windows Settings page crashes. Windows search for Reset this PC page also begins to load and then crashes.I had this issue and worked around...
  5. Windows Settings Update and Sec Recovery page crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Settings -> Recovery crashes: My windows has a problem where going into settings -> updates and security -> recovery causes the settings window to close probably crashed. So I can't exactly recover my windows. I have already looked around and tried the DISM and SFC solutions that gets recommended in those...
  7. Notebook crash, recovery

Notebook crash, recovery: ^ Several mnths ago my Asus ux31a crashed, started with a stopcode for Kmode exception. notebook crashes at various times in bootup and very often goes straight to bios, 4 reboots usually gets me to safe mode, so tried to clean up many times, no issues with...
  8. Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options

Windows 10 update crash leaving no recovery options: I updated to Windows 10 during the free update period and after a recent major update my system crashed beyond recovery. ALL was lost and had to restart desktop from scratch using factory installed Windows 7 home premium. Now MS wants me to pay for an upgrade as 7 is no...
  9. Computer crash and recovery

Computer crash and recovery: Have an older Lenovo all in one that crashed. bought a new computer old hard drive seems ok and I can access some file using an external usb interface. I am trying to recover files that were located in the user directory but it wont let me see them or transfer them. I...
  10. Bios Update crashes Windows and recovery doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Update crashes Windows and recovery doesn't work.: Hi Guys, I have a problem with a windows 10 machine. I have been working on friends computer ( Dell Inspirion 2330 All in One running Windows 10, with all updates) And i have noticed that every few minutes it freezes for 30 seconds and then works fine. Being good Samaritan i...