Windows 10: Windows Defender can't remove exploits

Discus and support Windows Defender can't remove exploits in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently did a full system scan using Windows Defender. Once it finished it actually noticed quite a few threats that it labelled as "exploits".... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BlueBarren, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows Defender can't remove exploits

I recently did a full system scan using Windows Defender. Once it finished it actually noticed quite a few threats that it labelled as "exploits". Since it found the threats I now want to remove them so I've clicked the "Start Actions" button but all that seems to do is throw me in a loop of quick scans. The actions available in Windows Defender don't seem to let me remove the exploits. Could someone point me in the proper direction to actually remove the exploits?

Some additional details:

When on the home screen I click "Start actions" under Virus & threat protection. On this screen it just loads forever, I let it run over 4 hours with no change.

When looking at the "Current Threats" list under Virus & threat protection it gives me all the details of the exploits and allows me to specific what kind of action I want to take. I've selected remove. Then I click "Start Actions" and it prompts me to run another scan and it just loops the entire process.

I would also like to add when the problem originally started showing up Windows Defender kept crashing until I ran the commands in this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-crashes/f5702d07-8986-43c3-b7a1-697d7ee80f8b Now it's just extremely slow but will eventually do stuff.

I understand Windows Defender is trying to process stuff but I just wanted to note that it's antimalware service is consuming 53% CPU usage probably why the app is having problems

:)

BlueBarren, May 22, 2020
  2. AndreTen Win User
    AndreTen, May 22, 2020
  3. Bug? In Windows Defender Exploit Guard.

If we assume that this is just a glitch, then you might be able to reset the Exploit protection defaults by exporting the settings from an unaffected PC (with default settings) and then importing those settings on the affected machines. This looks
    to be the backup/restore tool for the Exploit protection settings:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ard/import-export-exploit-protection-emet-xml

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...loit-protection-settings-in-windows-10.12025/

GreginMich, May 22, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Windows Defender can't remove exploits

Windows Defender Exploit Protection problem

@roy111, the screenshots in Brink's tutorial show all the Exploit protection settings in English, that should help you navigate the "Italian" ones...
    Change Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10

This lists all the settings and describes what each one does.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...oit-protection

Thema:

Windows Defender can't remove exploits

1. Windows Defender can't remove exploits - Similar Threads - Defender can't remove

2. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an exclusion window defender: A file type name 'exe' unable to remove in the exclusion.I clicked the remove button multiple of times but it didn't work.And i think that a virus because when i'm playing game it keep getting the'Blue screen' when i join the game.It's very annoying uncomfortable...
  3. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove an exclusion window defender: A file type name 'exe' unable to remove in the exclusion.I clicked the remove button multiple of times but it didn't work.And i think that a virus because when i'm playing game it keep getting the'Blue screen' when i join the game.It's very annoying uncomfortable...
  4. Can't remove an exclusion window defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Can't remove Windows Defender Exclusions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove Windows Defender Exclusions: Split from this thread. Hello! I have the same problem, but this malwarebytes feature becomed only with premium: what can i do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-windows-defender-exclusions/8bc938b2-3851-4df3-9b5b-444539c190fa
  6. Can't remove Windows Defender Exclusions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Windows Defender Exclusions: Split from this thread. Hello! I have the same problem, but this malwarebytes feature becomed only with premium: what can i do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remove-windows-defender-exclusions/8bc938b2-3851-4df3-9b5b-444539c190fa
  7. Windows defender can't remove trojan

Windows defender can't remove trojan: So the story is that I found a trojan called Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C8E after doing a windows defender full scan. When I check the protection history, it say remediation incomplete and the affected items is containerfile:...
  8. Windows Defender can't remove trojan

Windows Defender can't remove trojan: Apparently I have trojan on my computer. I ran a WindowsDefender scan and it found 2 trojans. The name of both of them is: Trojan:Win64/Longage and it is contained in Linux Distro ISO file (debian-10.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso". it is located in my "Downloads" folder. I tried...
  9. Windows Defender Exploit Protection problem

Windows Defender Exploit Protection problem: Hi guys, For some strange reason my System settings tab is not there in my Exploit Protection settings, only Program settings is visible. Any suggestions on what is happening? 106098
  10. Defender Exploit Override - Off or... Off?

Defender Exploit Override - Off or... Off?: I've been banging the heck out of teh google without success... What's the difference? 106447