Windows 10: Windows Defender conflicting with McAfee ENS 10.6 and higher

Discus and support Windows Defender conflicting with McAfee ENS 10.6 and higher in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had previously brought up some anomalies with my internal Endpoint Security team that appeared as if Windows Defender was interfering with McAfee ENS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BKLadley, May 5, 2020.

1. BKLadley Win User

Windows Defender conflicting with McAfee ENS 10.6 and higher

I had previously brought up some anomalies with my internal Endpoint Security team that appeared as if Windows Defender was interfering with McAfee ENS 10.6.1.x and newer versions. I've been working on an internal ticket which is a recurring issue for one of our customers since their system was upgraded to Windows 10 v1809 within the last few weeks where hyperlinks in emails were being blocked by antivirus. According to the logs McAfee was not blocking it and there were Event log entries pointing to Windows Defender being the source of the block. I did a quick check of the customer's registry at the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\" key and found that the 'DisableAntiSpyware' DWORD value was not present unlike mine which has the value set to 1. Adding this registry value to disable the Windows Defender, which is supposed to be disabled in favor of McAfee ENS, has resolved the recurring issue that the customer has been experiencing.

Does Windows Defender remove the registry value upon re-installation or upgrade of the Windows OS?

:)

BKLadley, May 5, 2020

2. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (McAfee) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  3. stgreg Win User
    Windows Defender and McAfee Live Safe.

Should Defender and McAfee be used together? McAfee suggests conflicts may occur. MS seems to say Defender can add protection along with other AV software.

stgreg, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows Defender conflicting with McAfee ENS 10.6 and higher

Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender conflicting with McAfee ENS 10.6 and higher

1. Windows Defender conflicting with McAfee ENS 10.6 and higher - Similar Threads - Defender conflicting McAfee

2. McAfee and windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee and windows defender: I have McAfee LiveSave installed on my windows 10 home edition which is taking over the Windows defender firewall. I am trying to add some restrictions in the windows defender firewall inbound policy but it seems to have no effect. I tried blocking port 445 but a netstat...
  3. Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee

Windows Defender Prevents Installing McAfee: refuses to allow access for mcafee [Original Title: defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-prevents-installing-mcafee/44da1e3d-c46c-4d0f-a159-4c0590d53777
  4. window defender or mcafee

window defender or mcafee: Hello. I have purchased a new computer that has mcafee installed. I don't want McAfee and prefer Windows defender from the information that I have gathered from the internet. So, can I completely remove MCAfee from my computer and turn on Windows Defender? How do I do this...
  5. BlueSound OS conflict with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    BlueSound OS conflict with Windows Defender: I use a BlueSound system to play my music throughout the house. The system uses a BluOS operating system. The app plays the music collection on my desktop PC through the wireless network in the house. If I Windows Defender ON the entire Bluesound media will not work. I...
  6. Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee

Reinstating Windows Defender after McAfee: Will windows 10 DEFENDER automatically be re instated when present McAfee security runs out or will I have to do something to get it back onto my laptop? If so, what action do I take?...
  7. Norton and Defender conflict

Norton and Defender conflict: Since the KB 4471332 Windows 10 (V1809) Update I have had problems with security conflicts on my Acer Laptop. I had previously posted this problem in the 'Updates' forum and thought that I had resolved it by a simple Norton uninstall/reinstall but it seems that the problem...
  8. Windows Defender and Quicken 2018 Conflicts

Windows Defender and Quicken 2018 Conflicts: Does someone have the specific exclusions for Windows 10 Pro Defender Antivirus to keep it from intercepting Quicken 2018...
  9. Windows 10 defender & McAfee

Windows 10 defender & McAfee: I am running McAfee internet security on windows 10. My question is should windows defender be on as well? I don't seem to be able to switch it off, it just comes back on after a while. I don't seem to get a definitive answer anywhere. 71413
  10. McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender: I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself? I asked a very similar question some time...