Windows 10: Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off

Discus and support Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Conrolled folder access turns it self off when i click it to turn it on. i need help [Original Title: Windows defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MothBoi, May 8, 2020.

1. MothBoi Win User

Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off

Conrolled folder access turns it self off when i click it to turn it on. i need help

[Original Title: Windows defender]

:)

MothBoi, May 8, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, May 8, 2020
  3. z3r010 Win User
    z3r010, May 8, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off

Controlled folder access Problem

I want to use ( Controlled folder access ) for my custom folders like system 32,
    but want to remove the default folders like the desktop folder .
    Found in :
    windows defender > windows defender security center > virus & threat protection >
    virus & threat protection settings > Controlled folder access :

Sometimes I cant save or edit things at the desktop with Controlled folder access On.
    Yet if turned Off ; then I cant protect my custom folders.

Hows protecting the desktop more important than system 32 ?

Asking for advice to get around this by any means, to delete the default list, so only my custom folders remain in the control access list.

OtherWay1982, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off

1. Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Turn off - Similar Threads - Defender Controlled Folder

2. Can't turn on Controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on Controlled folder access: I cant turn on or off controlled folder access. Why? And do i need it? And how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-controlled-folder-access/cc30d44b-0d1e-45e1-9d36-0c984d062d21
  3. Can't turn on Controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on Controlled folder access: I cant turn on or off controlled folder access. Why? And do i need it? And how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-controlled-folder-access/cc30d44b-0d1e-45e1-9d36-0c984d062d21
  4. Help controlled folder access doesn’t want to turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help controlled folder access doesn’t want to turn off: So every time I try turning it “off” it keeps turning “on” I can’t even go to “protected folders” and “allow an app through controlled folder access”. Please tell me what to do !Video proof :https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbl9tf7899rbp7x/IMG_0060.MOV?dl=0...
  5. Help controlled folder access doesn’t want to turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help controlled folder access doesn’t want to turn off: So every time I try turning it “off” it keeps turning “on” I can’t even go to “protected folders” and “allow an app through controlled folder access”. Video proof :https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbl9tf7899rbp7x/IMG_0060.MOV?dl=0...
  6. Help controlled folder access doesn’t want to turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help controlled folder access doesn’t want to turn off: So every time I try turning it “off” it keeps turning “on” I can’t even go to “protected folders” and “allow an app through controlled folder access”. Video proof :https://www.dropbox.com/s/zbl9tf7899rbp7x/IMG_0060.MOV?dl=0...
  7. Defender controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender controlled folder access: while i was using my system i got a message saying "Unauthorized changes blocked" and it was explorer.exe what is happening and what should i do please advice...
  8. Problem with Windows Defender/Controlled Folder Access

Problem with Windows Defender/Controlled Folder Access: When I'm trying to save a file in a portable application, I'm getting an error that the file couldn't be found. Based on my searching, I've found that it's a problem with "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Security (new update renamed Windows Defender I guess). I was just...
  9. Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions

Windows Defender and Controlled Folder Access and Exclusions: I just recently started using Windows Defender as my antivirus software expired and I was looking for another option other than paying for another program. I don't totally understand how to use it and reading thru tutorials is somewhat foreign to me so please understand my...
  10. About the "Controlled Folder Access" in windows defender...

About the "Controlled Folder Access" in windows defender...: Although not that important, I noticed that when you open Winders Defender, and then click on Virus and threat protection settings, and then scroll down to controlled folder access,.. It states, " Protect your files and folders from unauthorized CHANGED by unfriendly...