Windows 10: Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?

Discus and support Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I run a scan but as soon as I have rebooted and within an hour or so it asks me again? I receive the notification in the taskbar and Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sayjimwoo, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Sayjimwoo Win User

Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?

I run a scan but as soon as I have rebooted and within an hour or so it asks me again? I receive the notification in the taskbar and Windows Defender turns orange and states I am unprotected. So far I have completed 3 clean scans today but after a reboot it is as if it does not remember that I have run a scan. I am running the latest Windows 10 pro.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

Sayjimwoo, Dec 18, 2015

2. Nokia N8 keeps asking me to connect a USB cable

For the last 6 hours my phone keeps flashing asking for me to connect my usb cable and when i click on ok it just scans for it again and comes back up with the message. I did try to connect it to my pc to see if that helped but now it says incorrect device
    attached (on the phone) and that theres a problem. HELP??

rikimuk---01, Dec 18, 2015
  3. Nokia N8 keeps asking me to connect a USB cable

i would not suggest the hard reset option, since restoring the settings did not solve it.

take it to a nokia care point, and tell them what's going on. if it's still under warranty, they will fix it for you.

pavilion_alex---01, Dec 18, 2015
  4. Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?

kingstonian, Dec 18, 2015
  5. Victek Win User
    By chance are you using Ccleaner, or something similar, which deletes the Windows Defender scan log? If the log is deleted Windows Defender has no record of when the last scan was done and notifies again that a scan is needed.

Victek, Dec 19, 2015
  6. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Hi, thanks for your message. Yeah I sussed it out a few hours after posting but I have been away from my computer for a couple of days but not had chance to mark as solved. You were correct it was Ccleaner. Strange how it never did it before and I always had that option ticked on Ccleaner.
    I have not seen the notification all weekend now so it looks like it is resolved *Smile

Sayjimwoo, Dec 19, 2015
  7. Victek Win User
    I'm glad that worked for you. I was seeing the same annoying notification; then I learned I was doing it to myself *Ditto lol

Victek, Dec 19, 2015
  8. maranna Win User

>>I read about Ccleaner but cannot find the box where Defender is mentioned in Ccleaner.
    Please advise and thank you.
    Peter

maranna, Nov 23, 2016
  9. Sayjimwoo Win User
    It is under in the Utilities list, under the Applications Tab in CCleaner. Just untick it *Smile

Sayjimwoo, Nov 23, 2016
  10. maranna Win User
    I found it and thank you. Who found this is a great detective. I was going to wear my hdd out b/c I could not find a setting within Defender..

maranna, Nov 23, 2016
  11. andus58 Win User
    Of course! Ccleaner! Changed the app settings and deselected Defencer. I always forget about this! THANKS.

andus58, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan? - Similar Threads - Defender keeps asking

2. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me: sometimes when i try playing a video, or starting a program , video is slow even if I have good internet, programs appear to be extremely slow including task manager. so , i opened task manager and checked that there is no problem with startup items, everything is disabled....
  3. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me: sometimes when i try playing a video, or starting a program , video is slow even if I have good internet, programs appear to be extremely slow including task manager. so , i opened task manager and checked that there is no problem with startup items, everything is disabled....
  4. Windows Defender runs full scan in background without asking me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10s defender quick scan never completes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10s defender quick scan never completes: Hi all and tearing my not much left now hair out! New windows 10s laptop. Under "virus and threat protection" showing a yellow warning triangle I get a message saying "quick scan due" with a red dot with a white x in it, along with moving dots below it. This apparent scan...
  6. Windows Defender unable to complete "Full Scan"

Windows Defender unable to complete "Full Scan": Windows Defender is unable to complete a full scan or a custom scan that includes everything in the main drive. It is able to successfully complete a quick scan. When the program stops working correctly I have to restart the service through Windows Services. The problem...
  7. Windows Defender won't Complete Scan

Windows Defender won't Complete Scan: Windows Defender starts scan but doesn't finish and I have a scheduled scan flag that doesn't go away . I click on it and it wants to run a scan. Anyone have this issue? [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  8. Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan'

Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan': Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan For full scanning windows defender taking more than 72 hrs but still scan is not completed. Right click in any file and folder is not responding. Can anyone provide solution on this??...
  9. Windows Defender Full Scan Complete- 16 items scanned?

Windows Defender Full Scan Complete- 16 items scanned?: Tried to do a full scan after recent update. Scan completed after only scanning 16 files elapsed time 00:00:01? Only way to actually scan the PC was to choose custom and choose C drive. Is this a faulty update?[ATTACH]...
  10. Can’t complete windows defender offline scan

Can’t complete windows defender offline scan: I just bought my laptop a while ago, all the updates are up to date. Just a few weeks a go i got some scam message or maybe virus from a webpage. I did a full scan nothing hits so i tried to do an offline scan but everytime when it gets to 90 something percent it would stop,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. citrix is asking windows defender everytime

2. window defender asking for password

3. windows defender keeps asking for a scan