Windows 10: Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10

Discus and support Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10. on all my updated Win 10 machines 14 files and it quits, custom seems to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulRx4, Sep 19, 2019.

1. PaulRx4 Win User

Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10

Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10.

on all my updated Win 10 machines 14 files and it quits, custom seems to work.

:)

PaulRx4, Sep 19, 2019
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Remove Scan with Windows Defender

I've updated step 3 in OPTION ONE below. It should work for you now. Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10 :)

Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu - Add in Windows 10

Brink, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender only scan a few files and quits after update on Win 10 - Similar Threads - Defender scan few

2. Win Defender will not scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win Defender will not scan?: I have an older Toshiba Win 10 laptop. The Defender settings says no actions needed and all the green checks. However, I've never known that it wouldn't run a full scan, or a quick scan whether it says no actions needed or not. In Services it says it's on Automatic. I've...
  3. Win Defender will not scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win Defender will not scan?: I have an older Toshiba Win 10 laptop. The Defender settings says no actions needed and all the green checks. However, I've never known that it wouldn't run a full scan, or a quick scan whether it says no actions needed or not. In Services it says it's on Automatic. I've...
  4. Win Defender will not scan?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows defender only scanning few files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender only scanning few files: My windows defender is only scanning 17 files. I tried full scan, custom scan, quick scan and I tried 3 of these again after doing offline scan. I tried restarting the laptop but it doesn't have an effect on defender. My all systems and antivirus is updated. I don't have any...
  6. Windows defender only scanning few files

Windows defender only scanning few files: My windows defender is only scanning 17 files. I tried full scan, custom scan, quick scan and I tried 3 of these again after doing offline scan. I tried restarting the laptop but it doesn't have an effect on defender. My all systems and antivirus is updated. I don't have any...
  7. Windows Defender scans too few files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender scans too few files.: Hello. I recently noticed that windows defender scans very few files, it used to scan 55 thousand files. This is fine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scans-too-few-files/1e9cf0a3-7e43-4476-a5ca-03c46840c892
  8. Windows Defender scans too few files.

Windows Defender scans too few files.: Hello. I recently noticed that windows defender scans very few files, it used to scan 55 thousand files. This is fine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scans-too-few-files/1e9cf0a3-7e43-4476-a5ca-03c46840c892
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus scans failing after few secs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Antivirus scans failing after few secs in Windows 10: There's currently a major bug in Windows Defender, the free antivirus software that ships with Windows 10. Running a Quick or Full scan will fail after a few seconds and only go through a handful of files, resulting in incomplete, superficial results. Such scans are usually...
  10. Windows Defender only scanning 15 files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender only scanning 15 files: Just today, Defender started scanning 15 files only (quick or full) Quick scan normally scans 38,000+Full 1.11M+ everything was OK yesterday, support will call on 20/09/2019 Running Windows 10 (1809) on i7 laptop Has anyone come across this before?...