Windows 10: Windows Defender Options are Gray

Discus and support Windows Defender Options are Gray in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't turn on anything [ATTACH] [Original Title: Windows Defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Petar Stefanović, May 8, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Options are Gray

I can't turn on anything

Windows Defender Options are Gray 0e590f10-36da-4698-a6d2-b07689d6d94a?upload=true.png

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

Petar Stefanović, May 8, 2020

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, May 8, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

Windows Defender Options are Gray [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 8, 2020
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Windows Defender Options are Gray

Make a Copy option is grayed out in Windows Photo Viewer - Windows 10

Hi Shailendra,

There are several reasons that can cause the Make a copy option to be grayed out in Windows Photo Viewer. It can be due to outdated software or corrupted files.

To help resolve this issue with the Make a copy option being grayed out, you can follow these steps:

• Right-click the photo you opened in the Windows Photo Viewer.
    • Click Properties.
    • Open the General tab.
    • At the bottom of the dialogue box under Attributes, uncheck the Read Only
      box.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Options are Gray

1. Windows Defender Options are Gray - Similar Threads - Defender Options are

2. Domain option grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain option grayed out: I am unable to add our new devices to our active directory. The new devices are running on windows 11. It is currently on Workgroup, But I need it to be added to the domain. I work at a school district in the IT department....
  3. Domain option grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Domain option grayed out: I am unable to add our new devices to our active directory. The new devices are running on windows 11. It is currently on Workgroup, But I need it to be added to the domain. I work at a school district in the IT department....
  4. WiFi option grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi option grayed out: Hello! For a while now my desktop computer an HP all in one will disconnect from wifi and say there is no network available. When I go to network settings, the wifi button is in the off position and I cannot click on it. I can only restart the computer, but it will happen...
  5. WiFi option grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi option grayed out: Hello! For a while now my desktop computer an HP all in one will disconnect from wifi and say there is no network available. When I go to network settings, the wifi button is in the off position and I cannot click on it. I can only restart the computer, but it will happen...
  6. Windows Defender options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender options: when windows defender identifies an app or process which is then blocked by controlled folder access, the only action option it offers is allow on this device. I have noticed that articles about windows defender offer actions such as MANUAL STEPS REQUIRED, REMOVE or...
  7. Windows Defender Options

Windows Defender Options: Hi! I transferred files from my smartphone onto my laptop to format my smartphone. After couple of hours, my laptop slowed down. Processes like opening applications started to take a lot of time. I thought that their is a virus in my system, so I opened my Windows Defender....
  8. WiFi option grayed out.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi option grayed out.: After upgrading to Windows 10 2 days wireless worked properly but when I switch on my laptop the wifi option grayed out I tried to update my wireless drives but that did not work so I reset my network but that did not work so I check-in BIOS but wireless is on so I update my...
  9. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender settings are grayed out: hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really...
  10. Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?

Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?: Hey all, Windows Defender shows being on but it's grayed out. I can't change it, and the downloadable .reg file to turn it on or off does nothing. I run AVG antivirus, and I tried turning it off to see if it was getting in the way...didn't help. This is Windows 10...